Captain
# 31
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Saucer seperation, no. I never liked the idea with the dreadnought. The spinal lance is mounted through the entire saucer section. It just makes no sense.

My own wishlist.

Fleet Dreadnought

Shield Mod: 1.1
Hull: 45,000

CMD Tactical
LTC Engineering
LTC Engineering
LT Science

Turn Rate: 7 or 8
Impulse and inertia remains the same

Science Consoles: 3
Engineering Consoles: 3
Tactical Consoles: 4

Cloak is not given as it comes with the C-Store version.

Phaser Lance:

Base damage of 4k
Weapons power damage scale
Does not deplete weapons power.
5 shot burst vs up to 3 different targets (Not 5 each, 5 total)
If only one target, 5 shot burst with 2k damage base
3 minute cooldown
Graphic changed to standard phaser beam but with a crimson color to it (Almost like AP).

I would like it to actually be an obvious tactical focused cruiser for a change. All of the stats of a cruiser, except the CMD is tactical. Which opens up big doors for the dreadnought. You could finally mount DHCs and have them actually do something for a change! Or gives you APO3 or APB3 or whatever you like. I just think if it's supposed to be a tactical based cruiser, it's boff stations should reflect that by trading survivability for offensive punch.
Right. And the double LtCmdr Engineering really trades survivability for punch. And with a turn rate equivalent to the Excelsior it's still perfectly fair right? Oh, and more hull. But hey, that's still balanced right?

And your comment on the obvious tactical cruiser... Um... Yeah, so apparently the Regent and Imperial class cruisers don't exist. Wow. When did they get taken out? Guess I missed that patch. Sorry to say, that really was deserving of a facepalm sir.

And here it is.

*facepalm*
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 32
12-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahl View Post
Saucer separation could really help bring this ship back into the spotlight.

There was never shown to be a saucer separation of the Galaxy X on screen but what if it separates like the Odyssey?

The Saucer moves off but the star drive still has a weird pointy thing on it?
I have the weirdest boner right now.....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 33
02-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Right. And the double LtCmdr Engineering really trades survivability for punch. And with a turn rate equivalent to the Excelsior it's still perfectly fair right? Oh, and more hull. But hey, that's still balanced right?

And your comment on the obvious tactical cruiser... Um... Yeah, so apparently the Regent and Imperial class cruisers don't exist. Wow. When did they get taken out? Guess I missed that patch. Sorry to say, that really was deserving of a facepalm sir.

And here it is.

*facepalm*
That's not a facepalm, here's a facepalm:

Fleet Ning'Tao Bird-of-Prey Retrofit:

4x Bridge Officer Stations: 1xCmdr, 2xLtCmdr, 1xLt - all Universal.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Ensign
# 34
02-22-2013, 10:28 PM
This ship should have been a skin for the Galaxy that could be given a cloaking device given how it is not worth the digital paper it is currently printed on.

How could it be fixed? The same way Old Yeller was, *click click BOOM*.

Oh course, the ship wouldn't suck as hard as it does now compared to others with a 7-8 turn rate, the boff stations of a Fleet Ning'Tao Retrofit, and a spinal phaser that does relevant damage instead of "easily distracted by shiny objects, even blades of grass" damage. It's the kind of performance that makes people who spent points on it want to choke themselves and people who got it for referring others feel bad for inviting people at all.

At 50 weapon power and 6 levels of Starship Energy Weapons it does ~18 dps per shot, with 2 shots per volley per cooldown (or ~36 total). At 118 power it does ~44 dps per shot (or ~88 total). Either way, it misses OFTEN, even immobilized Carriers can dodge its ridiculous looking Beam Overload Animation salvos regularly.

If any ship in this game is the poster child of red headed step children everywhere it's this one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
02-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smki View Post
This ship should have been a skin for the Galaxy that could be given a cloaking device given how it is not worth the digital paper it is currently printed on.

How could it be fixed? The same way Old Yeller was, *click click BOOM*.

Oh course, the ship wouldn't suck as hard as it does now compared to others with a 7-8 turn rate, the boff stations of a Fleet Ning'Tao Retrofit, and a spinal phaser that does relevant damage instead of "easily distracted by shiny objects, even blades of grass" damage. It's the kind of performance that makes people who spent points on it want to choke themselves and people who got it for referring others feel bad for inviting people at all.

At 50 weapon power and 6 levels of Starship Energy Weapons it does ~18 dps per shot, with 2 shots per volley per cooldown (or ~36 total). At 118 power it does ~44 dps per shot (or ~88 total). Either way, it misses OFTEN, even immobilized Carriers can dodge its ridiculous looking Beam Overload Animation salvos regularly.

If any ship in this game is the poster child of red headed step children everywhere it's this one.
Dan says its one of the ships on the list for a revamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBIH...ature=youtu.be

Its mentioned near the end of the interview.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 36
02-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Dan says its one of the ships on the list for a revamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBIH...ature=youtu.be

Its mentioned near the end of the interview.
Thanks for the link, but I cannot watch another stoked video - they kinda scare me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
02-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smki View Post
Thanks for the link, but I cannot watch another stoked video - they kinda scare me.
Its a radio show, the video is just some still picture that never changes and one of the hosts on camera in the corner. I didn't watch it I just listened to it.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 38
02-23-2013, 05:37 AM
How about they just fix the graphics of the galaxy-x? Its spinal lance is not centered at the bottom of the saucer and neither are the cannons on top. Its like they just took a galaxy and pasted the new graphics wrongly onto it.