Career Officer
# 1 Winter Event DOFF Missions
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Could we please get at least 1 item for a success on these missions?

Remember these missions were configured for last year, when there was just a handful of items from the Winter Item store. Now, we have much more on the plate with a ton of things to buy, plus those in Fleets have to collect these Winter Items in order to complete that Winter Limited Edition Project.

And lets not forget that small Fleets have a much tougher time in gathering materials.

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
That would be nice, and give a larger amount for a crit (especially those blasted uncommon ones). And of course, the longer the mission, the greater the reward should be in general too.

I'd love for all that to happen.

Lieutenant
# 3
12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Critical successes give holiday items, gotten quite a few from criticals now.
Commander
# 4
12-10-2012, 04:22 AM
In two days I have gotten about half of the items needed for the starbase project, almost entirely by myself. If you include Friday, I have made enough of the items for half of the fleet project, two of the jackets, and one Avalanche.

Even smaller fleets should be able to do this one easily enough.
Ensign
# 5
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Ok how do you get the goodies for the event.. I know kind of a noob question
Vice Admiral Keru
Joined Trill
Starfleet Recuriter
Dancing on the bar in Ten Forward since '09!!! Looking for a cute Deltan boy to date!
Rihannsu
# 6
12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
What are you trying to get? (your question confuses me)

The holiday commodities can be obtain in one of (at least) 3 ways. rummage through snowball piles(takes a long time), fight the snowmen(once every 30 mins on the 00 and 30), crits on holiday themed Doff missions
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 12-10-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Commander
# 7
12-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Most of mine came from rummaging around in the snow... Good God that takes ages, lol.

Once you have enough tokens for the gun, Avalanche, though, you can make quite a few from the snowman invasion events every half hour.
Rihannsu
# 8
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I usually get 6 from the snowmen, even without having a snowball launcher yet.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 9
12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
best way is to dig on snow piles or kill the snowman overlord.the snow piles gives you random items mostly after you dig 800 snowballs from the same pile.

Take a sandwich, a coffee , whatever, choose a snow pile and start hitting "F"

critical reward from winter event assignment sucks, you'll get only 2 different common item currencies, what do you expect from normal success lol?

As a side note:There are assignments such as 'disable freighter' which gives better rewards for a shorter amount of time (2 hours instead of at least 4) every day compared to Winter Event Assignments which lasts only 35 days in a year...
"Every moment we live, we are moving through time." (Vosk, on the power of time travel, "Storm Front"- ENTERPRISE season 4 episode 1)

Last edited by criss11; 12-12-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Commander
# 10
12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I usually get 6 from the snowmen, even without having a snowball launcher yet.
I used to get about 6 from the snowmen, then I got Avalanche. Now I sometimes get 6 of a single type, as well as at least 1 of most of the others. I think the most I've seen from one snowman invasion was about 16 in total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11 View Post
best way is to dig on snow piles or kill the snowman overlord.the snow piles gives you random items mostly after you dig 800 snowballs from the same pile.

critical reward from winter event assignment sucks, you'll get only 2 different common item currencies, what you expect from normal success lol?
I saw someone mentioning that every time you dig into a pile of snowballs, there is something like a 2% chance you'll get something. These could be Epohh tags, or they could be the christmas commodities. Sometimes, if you are really lucky, you'll get multiples of the uncommon commodities.

The winter doff assignments aren't great, with maybe one or two on a crit success. Normal success just gives XP.

Last edited by bortjinx; 12-11-2012 at 07:09 AM.