Captain
.....does anyone else think our real questions will be ignored for the "hot topic" questions about new romulus and evil vulcan factions? I've been noticing a dangerous precedent lately with the last few AC's in which about 60-90% of questions were basically "hot topic" questions.
Career Officer
# 2
12-08-2012, 05:27 AM
I think the impulse to feel ignored settles upon everyone that doesn't get their questions answered. Probably best to shake it off, they can't answer them all. Maybe it's best to anticipate based on their past reservations toward answering certain questions and try to craft your question in such a way that it can be answered.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 3
12-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Understandable, but it stil feels like the good questions get ignored for dumb repeated questions like:

"RoMuLaN FaCtIoN SoOn?" (You want an evil vulcan, PM me and I'll link you to the STOWiki guide to make one)
"KDF Expansion Soon?" (I want this too, but we got the answer 4 months ago)
"SKANT" (Still feel like this is nothing more than a troll question)
Rihannsu
# 4
12-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Well im not surprised that hot topic questions are picked. this is a two way street and dstahl will want to promote something that is happening or on the horizon rather than something that is a year away or never going to happen.

however these are all questions by the community, and someone has asked that so called hot topic question because its important to them and they would like an answer. i dont see how they are not 'real questions' because they are not what you want to hear or that it is anyway a'dangerous precedent'. they can answer any question they wish, in any order, at any time. it does not set a precedent at all.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
12-08-2012, 05:36 AM
That's your opinion revo, but I still feel that ignoring general questions for hot topics shows a general ignorance for the community at large.
Captain
# 6
12-08-2012, 05:39 AM
I bet the cost of the upgrading of Doffs costs dont come up and the serious slipping of the Dil exchange down to nearly 100 - as theres nothing interesting to buy in it recently and other dil costs elsewhere
Rihannsu
# 7
12-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
That's your opinion revo, but I still feel that ignoring general questions for hot topics shows a general ignorance for the community at large.
which is also your opinion, but your opinion is not necessarily the opinion of the general community who you are now apparently speaking for, (if in fact its even possible for a group of totally different people to have a general opinion when it comes to questions).

i think you are taking your version of what you think general questions should be, and then getting annoyed when those are not being answered.

what questions do you feel should be being answered? what are the important questions that matter to everyone?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 12-08-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Captain
# 8
12-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Understandable, but it stil feels like the good questions get ignored for dumb repeated questions like:

"RoMuLaN FaCtIoN SoOn?"
"KDF Expansion Soon?"
"SKANT" ? (Still feel like this is nothing more than a troll question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
what questions do you feel should be being answered? what are the important questions that matter to everyone?
I agree w/Revo , sort of .
We are at a point where many of the questions are simply not being answered -- even when they are .
No serious answers in regards to the Iconians , Kdf , pvp , Rom faction .
So when ppl get no serious answers , they ask again .
This isn't "pushing it" imho , rather then asking for clarification ... again and again and again and again , et al .

So if these are not the more important questions , what are then in you opinion ?
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Republic Veteran
# 9
12-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
We are at a point where many of the questions are simply not being answered -- even when they are .
This isn't "pushing it" imho , rather then asking for clarification ... again and again and again and again , et al .

So if these are not the more important questions , what are then in you opinion ?
While that can be true, take into account that sometimes, it's not so much "people asking for clarification" as "people not satisfied with the answer they were given".
I've seen questions asked about KDF expansion, Romulan Faction, and Iconians repeatedly, for example.
When is the KDF going to be expanded;
When are Romulans going to be playable;
When are we going to see the Iconians;
et cetra.
And we have been given answers. Rather concise ones, too. But the thing is, they are not the answers that people want to hear. And so, they get asked again, repeatedly. And Stahl answers them again, sometimes using the same words as he did in previous questions.
And that still doesn't seem to satisfy people.
Now granted, I'm willing to admit that there's a percentage chance that it's a case of "people not seeing the last 'Ask Cryptic' when this question was answered". These Q&A posts don't come as often as we'd like, so they can get buried under weeks and weeks of news posts.
But there's also the distinct possibility that people just aren't happy with the reality of their answers. People want KDF expansion to happen sooner. People want Romulans to have a definitive date for being a faction. So when they hear answers they don't want to hear, they sometimes just keep asking.
It probably wears on Stahl after a bit, as he can't give the answers those people want, so he focuses on questions that he doesn't have to stress on answering.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Captain
# 10
12-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post

The last AC had 4 Q/A regarding the KDF - that went - "would like to" - "can't tell you" - "not profitable" - "hopefully"

This was the same in the 3 before that = lip service to keep KDF players believing something is going to happen.

Please Mr Stahl - if the question comes up "will the KDF ever get finished"

Please post a video response like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

That would be honest and believable - and would make you the MAN for being straight with the KDF!