Captain
# 21
12-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
... and waste them in a single shot!
Thats impossible as AoE only covers up to 5 targets and there are A LOT more that just 5 of them, you need multiple shoots and I dont think you have a clear view of then from a advantage point that is not within their range.

Also I forgot to say this but Avalanche seems to be the better weapon for one reason, rifle butt as for some strange reason the one on Flurry is disabled and considering there is a "falls down" animation for the Snowman Boss I think its intended to be used against it but only the Avalanche can do it.
Lieutenant
# 22
12-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't think it should be an actual weapon.
But it would be nice to have it working outside Wonderland, like the other devices.
As long as it won't be an actual weapon (deal damage), I am okay with the idea.
Republic Veteran
# 23
12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Before I got the weapon I would average maybe 5 things in that drop after the boss, since I started using the avalanche I'd say i average 8 to 9 items. Just been my experience.
That would explain why after we finish the current ZONE and switch to one that still has Snowmen I would get less since they are usually halfway done.

I can see Drozana station now, and snow ball fight all the time if they make it useable outside....the RPers are going to hate that lol let's give more ammo to Griefers that can never go wrong.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 12-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 24
12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
That would explain why after we finish the current ZONE and switch to one that still has Snowmen I would get less since they are usually halfway done.
You are correct, Sir.

I usually get 8 or 9 items in my first zone, 5 or 6 in the second and if I make a 3rd I usually get maybe 4. Starting that first zone with the massive kill zone of the army helps a bunch too.
Captain
# 25
12-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Aslong as you can't break other people's windows sure let them go crazy in social zones
Career Officer
# 26
12-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Well given the infamous past with the grief grenades, having the blasters work on people and in social zones is just asking for trouble. So here are some possibiltiies I can think of:

1) Works only on Andoria / Rura Penthe

2) In the Winter Event Zone, Flurry and Avalanche are snowball throwers. Outside, they are cryo blasters that have stats en par with similar weaponry. Except they have a small chance to freeze or slow an opponent (similar to what we have now with the Cryo Shotgun and the CRM200).

3) Are able to be turned in at the end of the Event for a type of "refund" or can be exchanged for another item such as a Coat, Nanopulse, or a Scarf.
Captain
# 27
12-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Personally, I was thinking this could be more like this year's party poppers. So when we are outside the Wonderland, we could use them exactly as such.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Commander
# 28
12-09-2012, 08:33 AM
That would be awesome if we could use snow cannons outside of wonderland.
This would help make the game more fun.
Republic Veteran
# 29
12-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I really want to use this gun on enemies, but doeant have to be as powerfull as th op stated. Lets face kt hardened icy snowballs hurt!!! I dont think everyone will use it outside but after the event it would really be nice ro still use as a weapon. If its like the popper it will have ro take a device slot and i cant display it on my back. It can be balanced but i want to shoot other enemies with snow balls like the borg. Snawball to the face for the borg.
Career Officer
# 30
12-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjack0 View Post
I really want to use this gun on enemies, but doeant have to be as powerfull as th op stated. Lets face kt hardened icy snowballs hurt!!! I dont think everyone will use it outside but after the event it would really be nice ro still use as a weapon. If its like the popper it will have ro take a device slot and i cant display it on my back. It can be balanced but i want to shoot other enemies with snow balls like the borg. Snawball to the face for the borg.
OK, I don't want them in-game as viable weapons but I'm open to compromise - you can have your snowball-gun to shoot Borg in Elite STFs on one condition - the minute you hit any Borg with it, you get aggro from every Borg in range (i.e. max threat).

That way, you can enjoy snowballing the Borg Queen in the face, and I get to enjoy watching you die over and over and over again.

Fair?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012