Career Officer
When you duplicate an NPC group with a patrol set, the NPC group is duplicated, but the patrol points are not. The new NPC group uses the same patrol points as the previous group. The patrol points are listed under both NPCs, but attempting to select them on the newly duplicated NPC shows them as being selected on the original NPC instead. However, since both are actually the same patrol points, moving them for one NPC moves it for the other as well.

To recreate place an NPC group and create a patrol. Then duplicate the NPC group and try to select its patrol points. It will show as selecting the old group's points, and moving those points effects both NPC groups.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 2
12-08-2012, 07:01 PM
So, does this mean without setting multiple patrol routes for multiple groups, we can set up a guard route for a group of contact groups? Like, 3 patrols going along the same perimeter route around say, an enemy camp?
Career Officer
# 3
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
So, does this mean without setting multiple patrol routes for multiple groups, we can set up a guard route for a group of contact groups? Like, 3 patrols going along the same perimeter route around say, an enemy camp?
I thought that at first, but the problem is the location of one point is the location where the NPC group is placed. They'll always go from their placement point straight to the first point, so it would be tricky to have the groups evenly spaced out.

I'd actually prefer if you could create a patrol route and then attach NPC groups to it, with them heading directly to the next point along the route.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.