Lt. Commander
We're a fleet of older Trek fans, many of which come from a long Trek RP background (FASA, LUG, Deciper) and are based upon the concept of the Federation Blue Fleet, the fleet of Andorian Officers (like the Green Fleet is the Vulcan one). We're pulling together all the external pieces (voice, website, etc) but during the Open Beta would like to very selectively pull in a few folks to join the ranks.

Here's some of the traits we're seeking in players:
  • A microphone and voice coms capable, be it Skype, Vent, TS, Mumble, or some other voice ops.
  • Mature player, ideally 30+ (or can pass for it by your behaviour)
  • Open mind, not easily offended, sense of humor
  • You enjoy Trek. You don't need to be a hardcore fan, but many of us are and we'll drive you nuts of you don't at least like Trek.
  • Tolerant of role play (most of us don't, but those of us that do take it seriously)
  • Fan of, or at least not hatred towards, Andorians
  • At least 1 Andorian toon, since this is supposed to be an Andorian based fleet
  • Team player, both in game and out of game. We're looking for people who enjoy helping each other
  • At least a semblance of human empathy and a sense of propriety. While not Vulcan, Andorians do have manners. We're all older folks and got most of the obnoxiousness out of our systems. We want to be woman-friendly so over-the-top vulgarity will not be tolerated.
  • No PvP killah's. Occasional PvP ok, PWNies need not apply. Some of us will PvP, we will have Klingon characters, but PvP is not the primary (secondary, or even tertiary) function of the Blue Fleet.
  • Someone who's interested in exploring the end-game of STO (when it gets some) seriously, but does not require to be the first fleet every to conquer it. This is a game, we pay to play, not a job.

If you're interested, drop Thrynn or Crog a PM in game and let us know, or come visit our forms at http://bluefleet.smfforfree3.com

Background:
For those that do not know what the Blue Fleet is, as one of the founding races of the Federation, the Andorians reserved the right to have a fleet of Federation ships crewed by their race. The "Blue Fleet" is the fleet of ships that are peopled solely by Andorian captains and crews. Just like their counterpart, the "Green Fleet", which is all Vulcans, they are a Federation fleet first, but also are allowed to more completely manifest their culture aboard the ship without fear of offending the other Federation cultures. The climate on the ship is a good deal colder, and the gymnasium is a great deal more...combative, with ushaani mats for dueling.

Andorians move between the Blue Fleet and other more traditional fleets to allow them to connect with their kin. The Andorians, as a people, are extremely gregarious and social, with broad family units through their keth (clans) , so isolation aboard non-Andorian ships for extended periods of time can make them...edgy. Typically, all of the Andorians aboard a ship will gather together regularly, even across keth boundaries, just to have other Andorians to relate with.

This is not to say Andorians are anti-social, which could not be further from the truth. Nothing stirs their blue blood more than a heated debate with a Tellarite or enjoying music with humans or vulcans. It is just that, because of how harsh the world they comes from is, as a race they tend to be closer to each other than the other races in the Federation.

The Blue Fleet allows them a home inside the Federation, a place they can be both a Federation Officer AND an Andorian. Serving on the Blue Fleet is one of the highest honours an Andorian Officer can achieve, among the people, and the Blue Fleet has been among the more decorated fleets in every military engagement that Starfleet has participated in.

My people are a violent people. The the cold of space is a violent place, and one I call my home.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Level 43+ Content
02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm looking forward to shooting some Borg tonight with you guys! Will be online early eve PST.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
My Name is jay P hailey. I just requested to register on the Blue Fleet Forums.

I, too am an old Star Trek Pen-and-Paper gamer, and an adult fan of Star Trek.

Thank you.

jay ~Meow!~
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
The Andorian Imperial Guard does not recognise the validity of the Blue Fleet, nor does the Central Command or Parliament Andoria sanction it as thus. An official protest will be raised with Starfleet Command reguarding what is clearly an attack on Andoria's sovereign right to provide her own contribution to Starfleet, to provide her own defence, to support Starfleets galactica operations and for Andorian Imperial Guardsmen to hold both Guard and Starfleet commissions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudUk View Post
The Andorian Imperial Guard does not recognise the validity of the Blue Fleet, nor does the Central Command or Parliament Andoria sanction it as thus. An official protest will be raised with Starfleet Command reguarding what is clearly an attack on Andoria's sovereign right to provide her own contribution to Starfleet, to provide her own defence, to support Starfleets galactica operations and for Andorian Imperial Guardsmen to hold both Guard and Starfleet commissions.
Amusingly enough, Andoria is not an Empire, so it can't have an Imperial Guard. The military forces of the Andorian planet is the Andorian Defense Force, and it is fully sanctioned by Starfleet. In fact, many of the officers in the Blue Fleet hold ranks in the ADF as well.

As a founder of the Federation, Starfleet fully recognizes Andoria's rights to defend itself AND provide support for galactic operations.

And Andoria is not ruled by a Parliament, it's ruled by a Council of Clans.

But welcome to STO anyway
Ensign
# 6
12-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
My Name is jay P hailey. I just requested to register on the Blue Fleet Forums.

I, too am an old Star Trek Pen-and-Paper gamer, and an adult fan of Star Trek.

Thank you.

jay ~Meow!~
Me again, finally coming back asfter a long down time

Jay ~Meow!~