Career Officer
# 91
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
hey, you asked for an example and I gave you one. don't delude yourself into thinking that pwe and/or craptic is okay with their players quitting over their screw ups. we're their life blood and we have the power to kill this game. The reason I haven't quit, yet, aside for the afore mentioned reason that I intend on getting my monies worth out of this life time sub I stupidly signed up for, is that i'm here for star trek, not craptic or pwe. That's the only thing keeping me here and a whole mess of other people.
And that Is the Reason Cryptic Can Continue It's Ways. Subscriber Numbers Are the Life of a Game. The More connections it shows, The more it Can Sell It's Game. If the Majority of the players Are not complaining and they can Track this VIA accounts On the Forums, and on Dev Posts. They are doing Fine and Can go at the pace that is best for them. Everyday a BitterVet Logs on, They still show Positive Log On Numbers. The More your Own, the more chances you have Getting Dilithium, Converting Dil for Zen ( player sold again). Positive Numbers Show Numbers that can produce Profit. If you are Lifetime and You stay in game Till you decided it was time you made your money, They still Made the sale. That is the HARSH Reality. If you Stay to the date you decide the 15.99 got paid for Via lifetime thats 18 months At full cost Purchase Or just over a year If on sale. This is plenty of time for you To Buy/Zen Sell or see something interested in the Store. You are Still A positive Number on there login Site. Gives them the Ability to Advertise There upcoming Games EAsily.. theres Never winter and a yet to be named one coming out. Positive Log On numbers Sell.

I am not saying you do not have a right to complain. But I am saying In the emotional Way you do so is counter-productive.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 92
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
I am not saying you do not have a right to complain. But I am saying In the emotional Way you do so is counter-productive.
But blindly defending a culture of pure greed, money grubbing and playerbase screwing is fine right?
Career Officer
# 93
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
But blindly defending a culture of pure greed, money grubbing and playerbase screwing is fine right?
No Sir. Just Defending Against Promises and Guarantees that were Never Made at Launch Date. As for Screwing the playerbase I think they are making it better For the Non Casuals Finally Instead of Pandering it to the base Of players that Actually Want to log on and talk instead of log on and play.
Captain
# 94
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
So...people who don't want to log in and grind for five hours plus every day don't actually want to play the game.

I'll keep that in mind.
Career Officer
# 95
12-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
So...people who don't want to log in and grind for five hours plus every day don't actually want to play the game.

I'll keep that in mind.
If you Grind for 5 hours.. I hope your maxing out at least 3 characters otherwise.. you sir are doing it wrong.
Career Officer
# 96
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
well I can guarantee this, and again, something overlord Stahl can factor into his metrics, I will absolutely NOT play anything else this company produces. Believe me, i'm well aware of the harsh reality that PWE got my money for this sub, and its a mistake I flat out refuse to repeat.

You keep bringing up launch date this and that. Well guess what, we're waayyy passed the launch date. As I said in my very first post, this game is full of bugs and unfinished content and I highly doubt that much if any gets corrected/completed. I just can't understand how this is acceptable to anyone that plays, much less the people that made the crap in the first place.

Say craptic produced this as a TV show and 1 out of every 4 shows didn't air, and the ones that did air, stopped half way through. Can you imagine how many people would even bother looking to see what time it comes on? I'm sure you're going to try to turn this around on me and say, derp well it isn't a tv show. The point is, if its broken and unfinished, people will give it little to no attention. Yes, that is somewhat of an over exaggeration, but not by much.

Yes people are playing, but for craptic to just sit back and only give half-hearted attempts to develop and maintain the game for that sole reason is just extremely poor ethically and a slap in the face of everyone that plays this game, especially to anyone that gives them money to do so.

*edit
I would just like to add too that just because some people don't quit playing is no reason that bugs shouldn't get fixed or for content to be finished.

Last edited by darimund; 12-11-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 97
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
They need to test content much longer on Tribble and stop rushing it.

It is generally a 2-5 day difference between a Tribble patch and a Holodeck patch. I think many of us would be more than happy to wait an extra week for all the bugs to be worked out.

Fan boys hurt my head.
Career Officer
# 98
12-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You're expecting high standards from an MMO that doesn't have the same numbers as Rift?

I'm just saying, Cryptic's team was (and still is) smaller than most MMO teams, and they're doing the best they can currently, whatever people's opinions of the results. Give them a small break here
ive given them a break for three years now.. (for the first year and a half i was very sympathetic). but honestly, they are working in a buisness field where they are quickly becoming outclassed in every way..

ive said before, its time for pwe, and cryptic to make large scale decisions..
trion was a new, nobody team.. they had one guy from a large scale game.. they started small just like cryptic.. however, as they progressed, they made adjustments to keep them competative with other mmo companies.. cryptic seems to refuse to do this..

and that sends me one of 2 feelings.. that they dont think their engine can keep up with the industry so why bother.. or that they dont care.. niether one makes me feel very warm and invited to play their game..

its not just rift, every successfull game that has made it past the 2 or 3 year mark has had major content releases, has increased their team to meat the demands of the growing pop. in the game.. for some reason, this game has not done that.. and it does not show a good message..
cryptic and now pwe neander around fairly meaningless "season" that once in a great blue moon introduce something good.. season 6 was a blast.. however, season 4 and 5 and now 7 are not.. season 8 is not looking to promising either.. i was fully expecting a level cap increase, which they have been saying.. "season 7, then season 8, now they are pushing it even further away" the last time they increased the level cap, we got somewhat meaningfull content, and it took me more than a day to conquer the new content.. season 7 only took me a day, mere hrs. to see all it had to offer..

in closing, im not trying to take away from what they have been doing, only saying that while its ok.. its not enouph, the game simply is not keeping up with the industry..
simply, buisness 101, why should the average gamer play this game over other games in the industry.. the only reason (and the only one that has kept me here for this long lol) is that it is star trek.. if i was someone who didnt like star trek as much as i do, i would have left a long time ago.. and the numbers probably reflect that.. i know i see on my friends list and in fleet, that when they have a good season, lots of people log on, when they have a bad season, alot of people "disapear". and for the longest time, ive been watching people leave..
Career Officer
# 99
12-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim940 View Post
People here are getting to the point where they expect new content every month, and soon it will be every Thursday patch.

Eventually, with all the bits and pieces that the developers are putting into the game, which really, since the game went F2P has increased more then the previous time before they launched and F2P happened.

A few maps to make a new featured series of episodes isn't as much work as outright modifying big parts of the engine to add reputation that people here on the forums wanted, expanding the fleets etc.

So if they keep giving us a bone, and patching it to make it better a week or two later, who cares, at least we get new content.

My Steam ticker is at 400 hours for this game, verses the 12 hours it took me to beat Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and that game will never get any expansions like STO does. I am pretty sure it took me ~60 hours just to get to level 50 in the first place.

Jim
ok first off, call of duty, and other console games are not even remotely in the same realm as an mmo..

its not that were looking for weekly content. but if you have ever played an mmo before.. generally, their content releases will keep the player base busy for a large portion of the time before the next content release.. ie, lets say world of ******** releases an expansion. that expansion will take months to get through (for the normal player).. further more, it usually adds lots of new dynamics to the game.. during that expansion, they will release new raids, and or other forms of smaller content as needed.. so in essence, they are keeping the cheese infront of you pretty regularly.

typically, a game releases with twice the content sto did. typically after 2 or three years, there is a major expansion, thus reinventing the game..

sto launched with half the content a "normal" mmo launched with. and three years later, is now somewhat fit for launch.. (meaning that if they launched the game in its current config. it would be on par with other mmo's.

now. you have a game like rift, who chooses to do their content releases almost monthly. studios were in the same boat when they started, newer studios whom were trying to grow.. however, trion has grown, they have realized they cant be one of the big boys in the mmo industry without having something as basic as customer support, which is non existent in the game.. they have created a large team to keep up with the demands.. in esence, they believe in their game and product enouph that they have made the commitment to it..

cryptic has not.. they release content on what used to be a quartly basis, but now has slipped to something like twice a year.. and honestly, before pwe, there was much more meaningfull, and worthwhile content on a more regular basis. sure, they have doubled their team size, but it took 2.5 years, and they still are one of the smallest teams with one of the biggest ips, in the industry.. this shows a lack of dedication, and belief in their own product. just like us lifers were asked to take a risk and believe in the game to make a large scale investment, cryptic has not done the same...

im not trying to say this game is not a good game.. it peeks my interest here and there, and mostly as a star trek diehard fan. but i find myself playing other games far more frequently. this game is ok.. at best, and i would love to see cryptic finally put the resources into the game to make it great... weekly content is not realistic.. i would gladly have no more "major" releases for 6 months to a year to have them make an expansion, and make it right..
Empire Veteran
# 100
12-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Agreed, it's time to fix bugs now. There's been too many additions recently, many new bugs, and most of them haven't been even looked at. There are even a couple of bugs i reported during the tribble test time, and they are still here.

It's amazing. There's a bug report subsection, there are many very annoying bugs, anf they never get fixed. I think i reported more than 20 ones via tickets or on the forums, with as many details as possible, screenshots, and very few have been fixed.

And then they are surprised when players don't want to report funny but critical bugs like kdf players on ESD. Those who know how it works are also the ones who sent so many ignored tickets. It's just the expectable consequence of this behaviour: if you get constantly ignored when you offer yur help you stop helping people who obviously don't want your help, at some point, and you'll refuse to help after that even if they ask politely.

I'm not saying the devs aren't working hard. Obviously they are, but it's time to stop making new additions for some time to fix the whole game.

The most annoying bugs aren't those who prevent you from playing a given instance, it's bugs requiring silly workarounds extending your game time incredibly for insignificant progresses.

Last edited by diogene0; 12-12-2012 at 06:42 AM.