Career Officer
# 1 Drunk Conn Officers
12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
So I dove back into the Foundry last night in an attempt to work on the third part to my Gorn series. I had already finished half of the map and was returning to it. Here's a brief idea of what is supposed to take place.

1. Player warps in.
2. Interact Dialog with Invisible Object.
3. Five groups of enemy ships warp in along with three sets of Ally ships, they begin fighting.
4. There are freighters scattered around the battle with invisible objects near them, if they are scanned then one more set of Ally ships warp in per freighter scanned.

Now here is what is actually happening: When the initial group of ships warp in to start the battle, two sets of enemies beam in where they are supposed to, as do one set of the ally ships. The other sets of each ships warp in a good 100 light years away and start to battle.

This was working properly before Season 7. Am I going to have to delete all of the enemies and allies and re-create them? Or will this just duplicate the problem?
Rihannsu
# 2
12-12-2012, 06:28 AM
How far are you from the center of the map? There's a lot of discussion about an issue with preview that sometimes causes NPCs to get moved to the 0/0/0 point on the map.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
12-12-2012, 06:32 AM
They are being moved much more toward the right of the map. The battle is actually taking place near the center of the map and they are warping in completely out-of-sight to the right side of the map.

In fact, the only reason I knew it was happening was one of the Miranda class ships started to wander off to the other battle that was taking place and I decided to follow to see where it was going. >.<
Career Officer
# 4
12-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I think this is the same bug that many of us are experiencing. It should work post-publish. You could try a test publish and see if the problem is fixed.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.