Lieutenant
# 1 Super Laggy
12-09-2012, 12:10 AM
EVER since the release of the Winter thing the game has been so laggy as to be unplayable at least 50% of the time.

Is anyone else experiencing this. It seems essentially like unlimited lag.

For example, right now I've been cruzing through a sector for 30 minutes in a straight line. Every few minutes, I jump back to the beginning. No assignments are visilbe, no mail, no exchange, although I see other players flying around.

What the heck is going on?
Ensign
# 2
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Hitting me too, and it seems zone specific sometimes, or action specific. I can see chat, but my movement is all "rewind"-y like you describe.. disconnects on lag-related deaths, other times it just sits there and I have to kill the entire client. Seems like specific pieces of the infrastructure are choking.
Lieutenant
# 3 Exactly!
12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it seems very Zone specific. EXACTLY what you describe.

I wonder if it has something to do with Comcast in Northern California. What is your internet provider and area?
Lieutenant
# 4 Totally Zone Specific
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah it is totally Zone Specific.

If I transwarp out of a problem Zone, everything is fine. Until I hit another problem Zone. Of course, it take a few minutes to transwarp from a problem Zone because of the lag.

Devs, what up?
Ensign
# 5
12-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killelr123 View Post
Yeah, it seems very Zone specific. EXACTLY what you describe.

I wonder if it has something to do with Comcast in Northern California. What is your internet provider and area?
Comcast, in Northern California. >_<

I only just started playing again after a year away -- please tell me they usually get along?
Captain
# 6
12-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kageryu256 View Post
Comcast, in Northern California. >_<

I only just started playing again after a year away -- please tell me they usually get along?
Gosh, I'm in Central California with Comcast, and I've been getting a little more lag as of late. Maybe there's a connection here. . .
Lieutenant
# 7 Still...
12-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Still the Zone specific thing could not be explained by Comcast.

I think its the servers.
Lieutenant
They usually get along fine. I'm not sure they are not getting along now. I'm guess, again, that its the servers.
Lieutenant
# 9 Loging in for another player
12-09-2012, 12:47 AM
One last thing that probably is nothing, but...

My super lag started after a player from my fleet asked me to log in to their account to review their ship build.

You didn't log into someone else's account at their request did you (i.e. could this be some type of virus or trojan horse that is somehow activated by logging in to an account)?
Ensign
# 10
12-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Nope.

Apparently I need to add more characters to be able to meet a minimum post length requirement. This should do...