Bay Area Comcast user here. Issue does not appear to be resolved for me, though it does not seem quite as bad as Friday and Saturday. Still rubberbanding and disconnect this morning. Still gets better stability/performance when using the proxy though.
1. Issue began last Friday. Despite popular belief I'm not actually constantly on STO to know exactly when this started
2. Rubberband and disconnects are the most common symptoms. Also, occasionally the entire interface is unresponsive (you can click buttons, but they don't work, not even Logout). Some instance servers behave better than others. Switching zones or characters may trigger the use of one of these problematic servers. Pinging the server specifically (using the log data from clientservercomm.log) reports about 10% packet loss, occurring in bursts. This does not occur when using a properly functional route.
3. Using the Cryptic US proxy works around the issue. Similarly, using my corporate VPN based out of Dallas, TX also works around the issue.
$ tracert nettest.crypticstudios.com
Tracing route to nettest.crypticstudios.com [220.127.116.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms sthelena [10.0.1.1]
2 28 ms 30 ms 29 ms 18.104.22.168
3 42 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-5-8-ur04.pinole.ca.sfba.comcast.net [22.214.171.124]
4 20 ms 11 ms 23 ms te-0-2-0-13-ar01.oakland.ca.sfba.comcast.net [126.96.36.199]
5 21 ms 23 ms 23 ms he-2-15-0-0-cr01.sacramento.ca.ibone.comcast.net [188.8.131.52]
6 16 ms 19 ms 19 ms pos-0-9-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net [184.108.40.206]
7 17 ms 17 ms 16 ms pos-0-7-0-0-pe01.529bryant.ca.ibone.comcast.net [220.127.116.11]
8 16 ms 16 ms 17 ms te0-0-0-12.ccr21.sjc04.atlas.cogentco.com [18.104.22.168]
9 17 ms 18 ms 16 ms te0-0-0-6.mpd21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [22.214.171.124]
10 60 ms 59 ms 61 ms te0-3-0-1.ccr22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [126.96.36.199]
11 72 ms 73 ms 71 ms te0-4-0-3.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [188.8.131.52]
12 97 ms 95 ms 96 ms te0-5-0-6.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [184.108.40.206]
13 94 ms 95 ms 95 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [220.127.116.11]
14 95 ms 108 ms 107 ms 18.104.22.168
15 104 ms 95 ms 97 ms nettest.crypticstudios.com [22.214.171.124]
We would very much appreciate any reports from customers who experienced this issue saying that their issue has been resolved.
For anyone still experiencing this issue, a report with the following information would also be very helpful:
1. Date and time that the problem began occurring, as precisely as you can tell (with time zone)
2. A quick description of exactly what sort of problem you observe (lag, rubberbanding, disconnects, etc), and when it occurs (beaming up, logging in, sitting on Earth spacedock, etc.)
3. If you have tried using a proxy in the Launcher, and if so, if it made things better.
4. Optional but helpful: The output of tracert to nettest.crypticstudios.com and the Cryptic 'nettest' program.
I'd have to say that the problems have been reduced, but not completely resolved.
Without the US Proxy Setting, I'm experiencing some rubber-banding at ESD, Sol System, and Q's Winter Wonderland. I'm also still having issues with the Doff Assignment menus being populated, and claiming 'complete' on the finished ones. At least I no longer have the issue of being a bodiless entity stuck on the transporter pad waiting to beam in...
Starting having some connection issues on the 6th of this month, but got very bad on the morning of the 7th, through out the weekend. Started using the US Proxy on the 9th (which has some minor rubber-banding)
This mornings Trace route output...
Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [126.96.36.199]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 25 ms 20 ms 30 ms 188.8.131.52
2 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-0-0-0-1-ur13.sanjose.ca.sfba.comcast.net [184.108.40.206]
3 23 ms 12 ms 11 ms te-1-13-0-1-ar01.sfsutro.ca.sfba.comcast.net [220.127.116.11]
4 17 ms 23 ms 23 ms he-1-6-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net [18.104.22.168]
5 14 ms 14 ms 13 ms pos-0-1-0-0-pe01.529bryant.ca.ibone.comcast.net [22.214.171.124]
6 14 ms 13 ms 15 ms te0-7-0-12.ccr21.sjc04.atlas.cogentco.com [126.96.36.199]
7 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms te0-1-0-7.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [188.8.131.52]
8 57 ms 57 ms 56 ms te0-1-0-2.ccr22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [184.108.40.206]
9 71 ms 69 ms 69 ms te0-3-0-7.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [220.127.116.11]
10 92 ms 93 ms 110 ms te0-1-0-6.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [18.104.22.168]
11 130 ms 100 ms 92 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [22.214.171.124]
12 94 ms 93 ms 102 ms 126.96.36.199
13 91 ms 98 ms 92 ms 188.8.131.52
Add my voice to all the rest. Using Comcast Xfinity Extreme 50 out of SF Bay Area (Alameda). Since Winter Wonderland, I am getting terrible intermittent lag, causing rubber banding, game to freeze up, disconnects, etc. Seems worse (often begins) immediately after switching back to game window after checking another window. ISP connection tests as perfect. Graphics drivers are up-to-date. Repeated verifying of game files and re-installing game did not help.
So far getting really good performance with US proxy server option set. Either that option did it, something else changed, or it was some temporary fluke and the lag will return -- but the feel is good so far.
As far as the Northern California Comcast/Cogent Communication issue is concerned, after this mornings patch, I disabled the US Proxy Setting to see if the issue has resolved, and apparently it has. Other then the slow (but steady) loading of some of the Foundry scenes, (which is probably unrelated...) I have not encountered any issues.
Other Northern California Comcast users should disable the use of the US Proxy setting and go back to a direct connect for a cleaner as faster connection to the STO servers...