Lt. Commander
# 1 Sticking it to the man
12-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I see a lot of complaining about season 7 and how the dilithium market has crashed and how cryptic charges too much for their new shineys. I'm not a supporter of dropping 50 dollars on something that I can only use on an mmo, but I won't fault cryptic for trying to pay the bill and deliver us new and exciting content.

I was thinking about it, and, with the dilithium exchange at its current levels, I can grind about 240 zen a day between my three characters. That will put me at 5k zen in about 21 days. Other than when I ground out 120k dilithium to purchase a vo'quv, I haven't been giving my klingon any love, so in order to correct this situation and prove a point to the nay sayers, I'm going to get my klingon general a bortasqu three pack without paying any real money. I will post updates on my progress.

*DISCLAIMER*
I'm not saying it will take me 21 days to complete this, but I am saying that I will attempt this in a reasonable amount of time. I'm a realist though, so if I fail, I'll come on here and publicly admit failure.

Thanks in advance for any moral support on this project.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Career Officer
# 2
12-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
I see a lot of complaining about season 7 and how the dilithium market has crashed and how cryptic charges too much for their new shineys. I'm not a supporter of dropping 50 dollars on something that I can only use on an mmo, but I won't fault cryptic for trying to pay the bill and deliver us new and exciting content.

I was thinking about it, and, with the dilithium exchange at its current levels, I can grind about 240 zen a day between my three characters. That will put me at 5k zen in about 21 days. Other than when I ground out 120k dilithium to purchase a vo'quv, I haven't been giving my klingon any love, so in order to correct this situation and prove a point to the nay sayers, I'm going to get my klingon general a bortasqu three pack without paying any real money. I will post updates on my progress.

*DISCLAIMER*
I'm not saying it will take me 21 days to complete this, but I am saying that I will attempt this in a reasonable amount of time. I'm a realist though, so if I fail, I'll come on here and publicly admit failure.

Do you have a LTS? If so don't forget to run the 'Process Unrefined Dilithium' mission to refine an extra 1000 per-character every two days. Also, you'll probably get your stipend partway through those 21 days so that'll help too
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a lifetime subscription, I'm completely free to play. Thats why this will either be an epic win, or an epic fail, but I feel like I might just be representing the free to play community on this one so I can't let them down.
Rest in Peace Brothers
Career Officer
# 4
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have a lifetime subscription, I'm completely free to play. Thats why this will either be an epic win, or an epic fail, but I feel like I might just be representing the free to play community on this one so I can't let them down.
Lol! Well good luck /salute.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 5
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Why would you want that Flying Brick? Not only does it go just forward and backward, its as ugly as sin. Now you want a real ship get the Fleet Vor'cha, that is a beauty!! it's also a powerful and nimble ship.
Captain
# 6
12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Cheers and good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Why would you want that Flying Brick? Not only does it go just forward and backward, its as ugly as sin. Now you want a real ship get the Fleet Vor'cha, that is a beauty!! it's also a powerful and nimble ship.
I'm not quite sure, but the bortasqu just has a certain appeal to me. Dont worry though, if this works, it wont be my last attempt.
Rest in Peace Brothers
Captain
# 8
12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
This thread is now watched very closely.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:

*DISCLAIMER*

dude pls trust me its the worst ship u could buy. i really hope u dont fall for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Ok, so this project wont officially start until tomorrow. I have staff duty (24 hour duty) today so I won't be off until tomorrow, and then I have it again on tuesday, that coupled with the two days i'll be traveling for christmas leave will put the projected end time for this project to somewhere close to early january. Hopefully this will work out as intended.
Rest in Peace Brothers