Republic Veteran
# 11
12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
dude pls trust me its the worst ship u could buy. i really hope u dont fall for it.
If he wants it who cares...apparently it's not like he is paying for it.
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Do you have a LTS? If so don't forget to run the 'Process Unrefined Dilithium' mission to refine an extra 1000 per-character every two days. Also, you'll probably get your stipend partway through those 21 days so that'll help too
I'm a bit out of touch - where can I find this mission? Is it in the available tab listing?
Rihannsu
# 13
12-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I'm a bit out of touch - where can I find this mission? Is it in the available tab listing?
q'onos academy, near the exchange

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Good luck with it.

If you need help with a Bortas build, I (!!!) personally like the ship, and would be glad to help when you get there.

Lt. Commander
# 15
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Ok, I'm off to a slow start. I just spent about an hour and a half hitting the cap on one of my characters. I guess this is not only an attempt to do this without spending any money, but to also to show the free 2 play community the fastest most effective way to hit the dilithium cap.

For my Science officer with my Prometheus MVAE:
I did the Deferi dailys
Alhenna duterium defense
Infected Space Elite
I traded in 5 borg neuro processors
I also traded in 300 Omega marks

This all brought me to my max of 8k dilithium

I already had a little over 1k dilithium saved, so this brought me to a little over 9k dil

After trading it in on the exchange at a rate of 103 per zen, and adding it to the zen I already had saved, I have 138 zen.

I'm going to try something a little different with my Tac later after I get some sleep, because after a 24 hour shift, I can barely hold my eyes open.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
This thread has gotten my attention, will be watching closely...interesting. Good luck OP, but why that flying turd?
Captain
# 17
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyssa View Post
This thread has gotten my attention, will be watching closely...interesting. Good luck OP, but why that flying turd?
By go after anything in this game? It's all just pixels. Some people just want what they want, whether or not it is efficient.

OP, go for it!
Those of us who see things for what they are need to get it through our heads that no matter how much we rant about it, THEY WON'T CHANGE!. We can either live with it, or we can go find some other game to play until it too embraces the same tactics. The reality is, STO is what it is, and it will not be anything else, no matter how much some of us may want it to be...
Captain
# 18
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Heheh, the only way you could stick it to the man would be logging in and doing absolutely nothing but just afk to hog bandwidth...

When you play with others and earn dilithium you are helping the game grow indirectly.

Not that I am a supporter of sabotage, I think their f2p model rules supreme. I said before I think f2p'ers get spoiled in this game on the expense of sub's.

And while I'd buy ships myself if the prices weren't so high I can't help but to wonder if part of the charm of those ships, for the people doing it, isn't in fact the price in itself.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but where is the part where you're sticking it to the man here?

Someone bought that Zen. Cryptic got their money.

I feel like you're running into a store, taking a couple of items from the free sample tray and then running out screaming 'YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME, SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!'

Regardless, GL and have fun, after all, having fun is the whole point.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Career Officer
# 20
12-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
Ok, I'm off to a slow start. I just spent about an hour and a half hitting the cap on one of my characters. I guess this is not only an attempt to do this without spending any money, but to also to show the free 2 play community the fastest most effective way to hit the dilithium cap.

For my Science officer with my Prometheus MVAE:
I did the Deferi dailys
Alhenna duterium defense
Infected Space Elite
I traded in 5 borg neuro processors
I also traded in 300 Omega marks

This all brought me to my max of 8k dilithium

I already had a little over 1k dilithium saved, so this brought me to a little over 9k dil

After trading it in on the exchange at a rate of 103 per zen, and adding it to the zen I already had saved, I have 138 zen.

I'm going to try something a little different with my Tac later after I get some sleep, because after a 24 hour shift, I can barely hold my eyes open.
The lazy gamer in me knows a very fast way to get 8k dil without going through 1/100th of what you have to do there.

The Ferengi in me wants EC for that kind of info, as (and he has a very good point here) that would decrease his free zen buying power if more people knew what he knows.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.