Career Officer
While testing a map design for a new mission, I am designing; the away teams NPCs keep randomly disappearing. They fall from more than 150 meters and slam into the ground and are rendered unconscious. If there is an object, such as a building, at the location where they hit the ground you cannot get to them to revive them. I tested one of my published missions that I published long before the season and subsequent updates. The away team does not seem to have the same issue as I see in testing within the foundry. I am wary of making any changes to published missions for fear they will suddenly have this problem. Is anyone else seeing this?

There is also a very annoying latency issue throughout the game that causes my characters to move slower than others even when I run. While I am moving across any map I see other players and NPCs blink in and out. They disappear and reappear further along the map. It?s almost like the program is skipping.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
What's your base map? I keep seeing weird similar bugs related to the game moving things to the 0/0/0 point for arbitrary reasons.

Then there's another issue with Vulcan ground where the game gets confused by the fact that 0 altitude is actually high above the actual ground.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 3
12-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
What's your base map? I keep seeing weird similar bugs related to the game moving things to the 0/0/0 point for arbitrary reasons.

Then there's another issue with Vulcan ground where the game gets confused by the fact that 0 altitude is actually high above the actual ground.
I tried it on several different exterior maps and it kept happening. The exterior maps I prepared prior to the season 7 update do not appear to be effected, but the interior map seems to have the same issue.

It needs to be fixed. My current published missions seem unaffected by this issue, but I do not want to try and update them until this issue is fixed.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 4
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
I tried it on several different exterior maps and it kept happening. The exterior maps I prepared prior to the season 7 update do not appear to be effected, but the interior map seems to have the same issue.

It needs to be fixed. My current published missions seem unaffected by this issue, but I do not want to try and update them until this issue is fixed.
Other people are experiencing this, but it doesn't seem to happen post publish. Your missions already were auto-republished after the last changes, so the bug should already be present in the currently published form if it happened post publish.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 5
12-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Other people are experiencing this, but it doesn't seem to happen post publish. Your missions already were auto-republished after the last changes, so the bug should already be present in the currently published form if it happened post publish.
Thanks Nagorak. I'll keep developing the new mission and hope they fix the bug in the Foundry. Perhaps they will fix the latency issues in and out of the Foundry as well.

Brian
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
12-10-2012, 10:45 AM
This is not new, and it is not a bug. There is no pathing information for any map before it is published. The pathing information is created as part of the publishing process.
Career Officer
# 7
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
This is not new, and it is not a bug. There is no pathing information for any map before it is published. The pathing information is created as part of the publishing process.
With all due respect, this specific problem is new. The fact there's no pathing data may not have changed, but the way it's handled in preview has been drastically changed for the worst.

A lot of people are having problems with this. The lack of pathing data now causes warping that is so bad in preview that you basically cannot even test combat. NPCs will jump randomly to the middle of the map from wherever they are, making it so a combat cannot even be completed without running after them. Before NPCs performed mostly fine, except that they would get stuck on walls and such since they didn't know how to get around them.

More information here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=475631

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 8
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
you basically cannot even test combat.
To be fair, this has always been the case, since post publish is a completely different fighting experience. But, it is annoying now if my easy foundry mobs are disappearing or not acting reliably.

Zero's probably just skimming. The list of season 7 foundry bugs is massive. There is probably one person trying to fix it all.
Captain
# 9
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
While testing a map design for a new mission, I am designing; the away teams NPCs keep randomly disappearing. They fall from more than 150 meters and slam into the ground and are rendered unconscious. If there is an object, such as a building, at the location where they hit the ground you cannot get to them to revive them.
If it helps, I'm getting this in regular maps throughout the game.
# 10
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm going to throw my weight in here too and say this may not be the old bug, this is something new.

I think the boffs going nuts is tied in with what is happening with the enemy combat groups. When they disappeared, my boys poofed to the same inaccessible part of the map to fight them during testing. When published live there is no problems.

I didn't voice it separate because the behavior is like when you have two groups of fighting npcs and they do it. I assumed the issues are related.