Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZcqwvQbas

Fans of Valve games might recognize something...

As always, adjust your volume to counteract the effects of inception horn.
@HyperLimited
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm a big fan of Giant Robots and Giant monsters... but that didn't really do it for me...

Maybe too generic, maybe because it's 4AM here? Not sure...

And also, what's with the obsession with horns all of a sudden?! Reminds me of the Reapers.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Uuuughh. GLaDOS was the only reason I could keep watching that. Keep adding generic stuff like the same bloody horns over and over and movies begin to look the same...
Career Officer
# 4
12-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Oooh...

I like the looks of that.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 5
12-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
looks like a westernised ripoff of Neon Genesis Evangelion Also DelToro is my favourite director... this makes me sad
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
looks like a westernised ripoff of Neon Genesis Evangelion Also DelToro is my favourite director... this makes me sad
Given that it IS DelToro and that there is an Evangellion Live Action on the potential list. I'm going to go with benefit of the doubt on this one. I think that Del Toro is VERY hesitant to collide with Evangellion for the specific reason of he'd DO Evangellion if it was offered to him.

I look at how he's done hellboy and his other projects and i don't think he's cashing in on his name here. That just isnt how the guy rolls. Have some faith. This is going to be even better than it looks.
Captain
# 8
12-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Even if it's horrible, this is going to be the best thing ever.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
Given that it IS DelToro and that there is an Evangellion Live Action on the potential list.
I would not bet on it.

ADV was really pushing for it but it never materialized and ADV collapsed and rebuild itself but that is not the only issue, Gainax refused to take one of the payment and the whole is now in the courts but that is also not the whole story.

The entire thing is kinda of a mess in Japan because of rights, this was spotted with Rebuild with the licensing deals that shows there are something even more problematic at the core, this is likely why Gainax rather want the whole to die.

BTW this been talked about since 2003 so that says all, even if the recent event with ADV is about over a year old now.
Captain
# 10
12-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm not crazy about the westernizing or localizing or whatever that happens to Japanese productions to make them suitable for English speaking audiences. I'd rather see a subtitled Japanese production of Evangelian then something that was reamed over for western viewers.
Those sequences with the human operators remind me of Robot Jox, sort of. I like the technological aspects of giant robots in action, even though realistically a giant anthropomorphic robot as a battle platform doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
But giant monsters fighting giant robots, I hope they do a good enough job getting around how much of a cliche' that sort of film is.