Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
Hi Devs,

Could you please take a look at the OP Kits, namely, the Operative, Fire Team and Medic Kits.

The Ops wearing players can one shot constantly, the Fire Team kit can slow you down with Surpressing Fire that your a gonna and then with the Medic kit you can stay so buffed up that you need a crit do any damage.

Please either improve other kits and make some effect counters to these kits or nerf them.

Before you flame this thread I am an experienced PvP'er and can be effective but when up against a team of 2-3 Ops/Fire Teams it breaks balance big time!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,076
# 2
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
U didn't say what class u play but since

Tacs are setup to do damage would you prefer they only use Security protocal kit
Scis heal so maybe they should only use Xenobioligist kit
Engys support so maybe they should only use Equipment technician

Instead of people always calling for devs to fix something try playing to your strengths
And not complain cause u can't kill x cause they heal to much or x always 1shots me or
X puts up to many turrets/ mines.

NOT trying to flame OP but this is a too common theme and we should all be aware when something gets "fixed" numerous other things normally get broken unintentionaly.

At the end of the day it is just a game so enjoy it and ask others for help if you are having difficulty they might share some insights u had not thought of.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 3
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strorus View Post
Hi Devs,

Could you please take a look at the OP Kits, namely, the Operative, Fire Team and Medic Kits.

The Ops wearing players can one shot constantly, the Fire Team kit can slow you down with Surpressing Fire that your a gonna and then with the Medic kit you can stay so buffed up that you need a crit do any damage.

Please either improve other kits and make some effect counters to these kits or nerf them.

Before you flame this thread I am an experienced PvP'er and can be effective but when up against a team of 2-3 Ops/Fire Teams it breaks balance big time!
The problem isn't the fire team or operative kits. The base problem is how much damage can be dealt with the Ice shotgun and fleet pulsewaves. All it takes is one flanking shot point blank and that character is dead from a shot dealing 800+ damage (2000-3000 on crit). The easiest way to fix this is to tone down the damage of the archwave setting while under ambush.

As for the medic kit...you do realize that any player running that kit can't actually kill another player...and every class has an ability capable of killing them. Tactical just buffs up and oneshots them in the back with an ice shotgun. Science uses the physicist kit to pile debuffs on them, negating the healing and stunning them before shooting them with a pulsewave. And Engineering is incredibly easy, all they have to do is weapons malfuction and fuse armor. Then they run over to the rooted healer and dump mines at their feet.

In order to fix ground PvP, cryptic needs to take a look at some of the ground kits and improve them. Useless tactical kits include grenade satchel (shared cooldown) close combat specialist (due to pulsewaves), security protocols (draw fire is pathetic). Useless science kits include Bioresearcher (stasis field) physician (redundant to medic), Xenobiologist (again, stasis field). Useless Engineering kits include Bunker Fabrication (two weak generators and forcefield dome), support technician (combat supply), breach engineer (somewhat, due to combat supply)

Kit powers with poor functionality:

Tactical
Draw fire - Diminishing returns on damage resist makes this ability worthless.
Smoke Grenade - Ineffective vs players.
Stun Grenade - If it actually stuns, it only lasts max of 2 seconds.
Sweeping Strikes - Yeah...worthless...if you actually get to melee range you will die at the hand of point blank pulsewaves

Science
Stasis field - Supposedly lasts 5 seconds against players. In reality it lasts less than 1 second. Even at 5 seconds, the ability would still be useless.
Biofilter Sweep - Essentially vascular regnerator without the healing. Useless due to diminishing returns on damage resistance.
Hypospray - Melorazine - Useless due to damage resistance diminishing returns.
Hypospray - Dylovene - For the same reason Sweeping Strikes is useless, anyone getting that close to another player with melee will die from the pulsewave.

Engineering
Combat supply - Essentially "free" large consumables...but with a max stack of 5. Terrible in prolonged combat.
Force Field Dome - Supposedly lasts for 30 seconds, yet it vanishes in 10 seconds.
Shield Generator - Healing from the ability is too small to notice
Turret Fabrication - I have yet to see this ability deal significant damage to a target.

Overpowered abilities:
Ambush (when used by a pulsewave weapon or combined with tactical initiative)

Last edited by majortiraomega; 12-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 4
12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Now, for solutions to fixing the current kit problems.

Tactical Kit abilities:

Draw Fire - Add a significant dodge chance to the ability. +10% maximum hit points for duration of the ability.
Smoke Grenade change the functionality to that of a tear gas grenade. Disables player sight for 8 seconds within a 5 meter radius of the explosion. Reduced perception for 20 seconds.
Stun Grenade The ability has a very long cooldown. Make the grenade actually stun for 3 seconds and add -200 run speed for 10 seconds.
Sweeping Strikes Add -20% All Ranged damage for 10 seconds when struck with sweeping strikes. Debuff does not stack.

Science Kit abilities:
Stasis field Minimum of 8 second hold for target inside of stasis. After coming out of stasis or if attacked to break stasis: 20% damage reduction for 5 seconds. Immunity to stasis for 45 seconds.
Biofilter Sweep - Add +200 Run Speed resistance and +80 knockback resistance for 15 seconds. Immunity to environmental DoT (plasma grenade fire, induction field fire) for 15 seconds.
Hypospray - Melorazine - Add +25% maximum hit points for 45 seconds.
Hypospray - Dylovene - Add Immunity to Hold and Root for 45 seconds.

Engineering Kit abilities:

Combat supply - Increase the stack size to 25. Change the supply consumables so that they do not share a global cooldown with "standard" consumables.
Force Field Dome Increase the duration to 45 seconds. Add a 20% chance to deflect weapons fire shot at the force field dome.
Shield Generator Increase the base shield resist to 30% while within the field.
Turret Fabrication Double the base damage dealt by these turrets so they are actually threatening.

Overpowered abilities:
Ambush - 15 second global cooldown - no more using Tactical Initiative to drop the cooldown on the ability to 5 seconds.

Pulsewave assault archwave setting - Place a maximum cap of 600 damage vs players. Immune to cooldown reduction by Tactical Initiative (no more back to back archwave blasts 2 seconds apart). Add +20 Cold resist to energy dampening and polyalloy armors.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 12-09-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 5
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
U didn't say what class u play but since

Tacs are setup to do damage would you prefer they only use Security protocal kit
Scis heal so maybe they should only use Xenobioligist kit
Engys support so maybe they should only use Equipment technician

Instead of people always calling for devs to fix something try playing to your strengths
And not complain cause u can't kill x cause they heal to much or x always 1shots me or
X puts up to many turrets/ mines.

NOT trying to flame OP but this is a too common theme and we should all be aware when something gets "fixed" numerous other things normally get broken unintentionaly.

At the end of the day it is just a game so enjoy it and ask others for help if you are having difficulty they might share some insights u had not thought of.
There is a real problem in PvP ground with tactical officers super stacking buffs and oneshotting players. And I can confirm it is not a gear problem, I took a player into ground PvP with MACO Mk XII two piece (weapon/armor) and a Fleet Mk XII [Cap]x3 [Reg] shield with 9 skill points in PS generator and 7 points in combat armor. While players weren't able to oneshot me from the front, they were able to kill me in one shot at full health if they got a flanking bonus to the back/sides. The only way to survive this is to press reroute power to shields, equipment diagnostics, or emergency shield capacitor at least 2 seconds before the strike. And it only saves you from the first strike. Tactical initiative allows tactical captains to chain ambush and achwave 2-4 times within the 20 second duration of the ability. Nothing can survive that strike. If anyone plays the Captain level PvP ground, they will notice that nobody is oneshotted. This is for two reasons; ambush does 20% less base damage and there is no ice shotgun or pulsewaves with [Dmg]x3 [CritX].
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 6
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
The main problem with the oneshot is the Cryo Pulsewave, theres no exists armor with HIGH COLD RESISTANCE. If you're running the best armors in the game (MACO or Omega) you have 0 Cold Resistance, and that's why this pulsewave its so OP.

With the normal energies (Antiproton, Phaser, Polaron, etc) this did not happen, and its was required to Focus Fire in order to drop a target.

Now it's all like "I'm a tact so i'm going to win the match all for my own"
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,289
# 7
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
I think the problem can be summed up by one thing only the compressed cryo launcher pulsewave. Kits aren't the problem and neither are fleet pulsewaves. Before the cryo launcher 1 shots would happen, but they arent guranteed to 1 shot every single time even with a very rare or fleet pulsewave. No nerf is needed to any kits or any weapons, all that is needed to fix the problem is for cold damage resistance be added to all armor equal to the armors resistance to other energy damage.

That said, it is a little boring for everyone to only use fire team and operative, these shouldn't be nerfed but other kits be made more useful as alternative including sci and eng kits that don't see much use.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 8
12-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I think the problem can be summed up by one thing only the compressed cryo launcher pulsewave. Kits aren't the problem and neither are fleet pulsewaves. Before the cryo launcher 1 shots would happen, but they arent guranteed to 1 shot every single time even with a very rare or fleet pulsewave. No nerf is needed to any kits or any weapons, all that is needed to fix the problem is for cold damage resistance be added to all armor equal to the armors resistance to other energy damage.

That said, it is a little boring for everyone to only use fire team and operative, these shouldn't be nerfed but other kits be made more useful as alternative including sci and eng kits that don't see much use.
The fleet pulsewaves wouldn't be able to oneshot players if it hadn't been for the Omega Force Tier I passive. +30 to weapons proficiency will push the weapon beyond the point, allowing it to oneshot. Also, during season five oneshots were impossible without a crit. However, twoshots were frequent due to players chaining ambush strikes. (Ambush needs a global cooldown of at least 15 seconds.)

As for the cryo pulsewave...it needs to lose something. Right now it is a pulsewave that deals the same amount of damage as a normal pulsewave, slows, freezes, and there are no resists to the cold damage. Sure, fleet armor gives +10 and the cryo tribble gives +7.5. but it doesn't compare to +50 Energy damage resists or +75 physical damage resist.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
# 9
12-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
The problem isn't the fire team or operative kits. The base problem is how much damage can be dealt with the Ice shotgun and fleet pulsewaves. All it takes is one flanking shot point blank and that character is dead from a shot dealing 800+ damage (2000-3000 on crit). The easiest way to fix this is to tone down the damage of the archwave setting while under ambush.

As for the medic kit...you do realize that any player running that kit can't actually kill another player...and every class has an ability capable of killing them. Tactical just buffs up and oneshots them in the back with an ice shotgun. Science uses the physicist kit to pile debuffs on them, negating the healing and stunning them before shooting them with a pulsewave. And Engineering is incredibly easy, all they have to do is weapons malfuction and fuse armor. Then they run over to the rooted healer and dump mines at their feet.

In order to fix ground PvP, cryptic needs to take a look at some of the ground kits and improve them. Useless tactical kits include grenade satchel (shared cooldown) close combat specialist (due to pulsewaves), security protocols (draw fire is pathetic). Useless science kits include Bioresearcher (stasis field) physician (redundant to medic), Xenobiologist (again, stasis field). Useless Engineering kits include Bunker Fabrication (two weak generators and forcefield dome), support technician (combat supply), breach engineer (somewhat, due to combat supply)

Kit powers with poor functionality:

Tactical
Draw fire - Diminishing returns on damage resist makes this ability worthless.
Smoke Grenade - Ineffective vs players.
Stun Grenade - If it actually stuns, it only lasts max of 2 seconds.
Sweeping Strikes - Yeah...worthless...if you actually get to melee range you will die at the hand of point blank pulsewaves

Science
Stasis field - Supposedly lasts 5 seconds against players. In reality it lasts less than 1 second. Even at 5 seconds, the ability would still be useless.
Biofilter Sweep - Essentially vascular regnerator without the healing. Useless due to diminishing returns on damage resistance.
Hypospray - Melorazine - Useless due to damage resistance diminishing returns.
Hypospray - Dylovene - For the same reason Sweeping Strikes is useless, anyone getting that close to another player with melee will die from the pulsewave.

Engineering
Combat supply - Essentially "free" large consumables...but with a max stack of 5. Terrible in prolonged combat.
Force Field Dome - Supposedly lasts for 30 seconds, yet it vanishes in 10 seconds.
Shield Generator - Healing from the ability is too small to notice
Turret Fabrication - I have yet to see this ability deal significant damage to a target.

Overpowered abilities:
Ambush (when used by a pulsewave weapon or combined with tactical initiative)
Play to strengths, then what is the point of all the other kits? Each kit and weapon should be as good as the next, only difference should tactics and counters.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 10
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strorus View Post
Play to strengths, then what is the point of all the other kits? Each kit and weapon should be as good as the next, only difference should tactics and counters.
Agreed. My comment attempted to highlight the problems with current kits. At the moment each class has three heavily used kits and three kits that are rarely if ever seen on an experienced player. This is due to the fact that half of the kits in this game don't pack enough punch to be effective.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 PM.