Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Upgrading to LTS
06-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello,

I have been playing STO for a fairly long time now and upgraded to gold a little while back. I saw that the LTS was on sale and have been considering it.

I was just wondering one thing. I am currently part way through a 6 month membership purchase and was wondering if I bought the LTS would I be charged immediately or upon the end of the current 6 month period? And also, if this is the case, would I receive the LTS benefits immediately or at the expiration of my 6 months?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Career Officer
# 2
06-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2007 View Post
Hello,

I have been playing STO for a fairly long time now and upgraded to gold a little while back. I saw that the LTS was on sale and have been considering it.

I was just wondering one thing. I am currently part way through a 6 month membership purchase and was wondering if I bought the LTS would I be charged immediately or upon the end of the current 6 month period? And also, if this is the case, would I receive the LTS benefits immediately or at the expiration of my 6 months?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe you'll get the LTS benefits and be charged immediately.
Captain
# 3
06-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I believe you'll get the LTS benefits and be charged immediately.
this. I would try contacting customer no service to find out if htere would be a further price reduction or refund of the existing sub. OR you can simply make a second account and switch over to that one
Career Officer
# 4
06-20-2014, 06:16 PM
I would guess if you buy a LTS now, your subscription prepaid just disappears... w/o even a thank you email.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
06-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Ok, thanks for the replies.

I guess I'll probably wait till the last day of the sale to make the most of my current subscription .
Career Officer
# 6
06-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2007 View Post
Ok, thanks for the replies.

I guess I'll probably wait till the last day of the sale to make the most of my current subscription .
No point in that as you dont gain anything by holding off (except seeing more anti reform posts for the new crafting system). You may even find that the veteran rewards kicking in may help you as well with things such as the 5% xp bonus and access to the chimera, deimos and combat ev suit etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
06-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
No point in that as you dont gain anything by holding off (except seeing more anti reform posts for the new crafting system). You may even find that the veteran rewards kicking in may help you as well with things such as the 5% xp bonus and access to the chimera, deimos and combat ev suit etc.
Hmm, I see your point. Will get it as soon as my money goes in for this month. Might stop me from spending too much money on the steam sales .
Career Officer
# 8
06-22-2014, 11:47 AM
the moral of your dilemma is before you take out a monthly sub would it be wiser to wait for the next sale.
Quote:
When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
06-22-2014, 12:07 PM
If you have made up your mind, there is no point at all to be waiting, since there is nothing to be gained by doing so.

You'll get infinite access with the LTS.

Saving up several months of subscription before that will still leave you with no more than infinite access.
Career Officer
# 10
06-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydazlers View Post
the moral of your dilemma is before you take out a monthly sub would it be wiser to wait for the next sale.
i dunno how that line of thinking works, sure you know the team will probably get lts out in summer sometime, but thats the key word, sometime. it could be in april or near the end of august. this one just got unlucky with the timing of the promotion and not everyone can wait around several months and hope the lts is just around the corner.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.