Captain
I would love this feature for Delta Rising as an optional mission. My toon actually dies and is offered the chance to be reborn as a Kobali or race of their choosing. The process could be adapted in-universe to alter my toon's race to something non-Kobali, if the Kobali share their genetic pathogen tech with the Alpha quadrant. This would allow for an in-universe explanation for a race and profession respec. There could be added benefits, like an extra trait slot unlocked and so forth.

It could work if Cryptic had the tech to do it, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
So yes... you could get everything here for free.
Just like you can get a free steak dinner by collecting dropped pennies in the parking lot.
Captain
# 2
10-18-2014, 03:57 AM
Valid point you have there. But you can only be reborn once with this race. Right now you are reborn many times in this game it's called Call for Help/Respawn.

Time will only tell!
Captain
# 3
10-18-2014, 04:00 AM
It would not work in STO's current coding.
VPvP. T5U PvP. Normal PvP. Because some of us still do it... Oh, and PvE advice too.
A pilot able to fly straight is the single most important factor in any build's performance.

T'Rebek, Nalcari, Karina, Volana, Kilaitia, K'Ahlayr, Ririatss.
Captain
# 4
10-18-2014, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
There could be added benefits, like an extra trait slot unlocked and so forth.
Eh sorry but that is a not so good Idea which would only lead to people being forced to buy race/profession change tokens and redo their characters just to get an additional trait slot...

If anything one Trait Slot should be substracted for being Reborn to symbolise the internal struggle the character has with bringing their old life and new life into one functional thing.
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Captain
# 5
10-18-2014, 04:15 AM
I didn't think of this idea as a purchasable token. I thought of it as a one-time-only reward for completing a mission, perhaps a climactic mission in a future expansion. Your toon could dying for real (not knocked unconscious in ground combat) from some unspecified fatal injury and the Kobali offer you the opportunity to be resurrected as the race of your choice, as a mark of respect for all you did to save them from the Vaadwaur, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
So yes... you could get everything here for free.
Just like you can get a free steak dinner by collecting dropped pennies in the parking lot.
Career Officer
# 6
10-18-2014, 05:20 AM
as a lifetime veteran I've been waiting for a race respec for years now. Good luck with that.
MMO's of 2014 where normal gameplay is considered an exploit and the eastern billing model is celebrated by apologists. smh
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Just want to chime in and say that I think this is a great idea. Devs, please take note!
Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Selene, Luna-class Science Vessel
Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Vakarius, D'Deridex-class Warbird
General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Tonrur, Kamarag-class Battlecruiser
Captain
# 8
10-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Could work if you want to become Kobali or Liberated Borg, but don't see race changes working with other races unless Q gets involved. Obviously, the Liberated Borg race change would be limited to LTS only. Although from a code perspective, it could be very difficult to do if your race is not originally Human, Klingon, or Romulan since there are far too many variations of Liberated Borg around.
Ensign
# 9
10-18-2014, 01:46 PM
A species respect token would be awesome - and something worth paying for (well, I wouldn't mind shelling out Zen for it) - hint hint Cryptic .....
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaroma View Post
A species respect token would be awesome - and something worth paying for (well, I wouldn't mind shelling out Zen for it) - hint hint Cryptic .....
Yeah. I'd purchase this DAY ONE release, hands down. I'm sure many players would too.