Lieutenant
So my toons are specced for space only, and I have always skipped over ground content because for one, I find it extremely boring and for two, I have limited time to play.

Staring yet again for another day at these missions 'secret shuttle codes' and 'web access' I can't help but feel a little bitter at being strongarmed into playing content I don't want to play.

Why the hell can't we drop these missions like we can any other story mission?

I even wasted an hour of my time tonight trying to finish the secret shuttle codes mission with boffs i cant afford to spec for ground thanks to the high skill point cost of rep(Im always out of skill points) and it couldn't be finished thanks to some bug.

Just ungrey the 'drop' box and let me forget new romulus even exists. I can't be the only one that feels this way?
Lieutenant
# 2
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Nobody? I think the massive resources needed to rep up should be enough without appending forced content to that.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
While it's true you can't drop those missions (as far as I know), they are optional. The only thing you miss out on from not playing them is the cut scenes - but if you have skipped all the other ground content I assume that isn't a problem for you.

Your statement in #2 is correct. Fortunately there is no forced content, ground or otherwise, in the rep system. It is all optional, since in the end Romulan Marks are Romulan Marks no matter how you choose to earn them.
Commander
# 4
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
If your just looking to make more Romulan marks per day that involves no ground combat, the Staging Area and Atali(spelling)dailies on New Romulas are 99% combat free. You might spook a critter into attacking you, or get hostile with a suspicious romulan here and there but overall its easy.
Career Officer
# 5
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Or you can even rope in the help of some fleetmates who are more capable on the ground.
Career Officer
# 6
12-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Eppoh tagging.. 400 marks a weeks
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
# 7
12-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodiabolic View Post
with boffs i cant afford to spec for ground thanks to the high skill point cost of rep(Im always out of skill points)
Don't take this the wrong way, but... how are you not swimming in expertise if you're level 50? Most people I know in-game have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of expertise to burn through
Career Officer
# 8
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but... how are you not swimming in expertise if you're level 50? Most people I know in-game have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of expertise to burn through
I seem to see people complaign about expertise alot sadly.... Even the chars i mirror event ground are swimming over 800k left while pushing all these different sstealers of it... Alot of fail VAs put there....
Captain
# 9
12-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
I'm asking the same question... I personally have over 2 million skill Points to spare. I have redone my boffs skills and builds several times and have always reskilled them to the max. You are required to spend at LEAST 66,000 captain points on ground in order to rank to VA.

As for the Boffs gear. I haven't spent a cent on it. All of my boffs are fitted with loot that i have picked up from missions and drops. And 98% of the time I just set them to full auto and ignore them mostly. If they fall, I revive them, if I fall, they revive me. They fire on what you are firing on and will keep firing until everything is dead.

It's a bit like a pug, except no AFKers.
Career Officer
# 10
12-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
I'm asking the same question... I personally have over 2 million skill Points to spare. I have redone my boffs skills and builds several times and have always reskilled them to the max. You are required to spend at LEAST 66,000 captain points on ground in order to rank to VA.

As for the Boffs gear. I haven't spent a cent on it. All of my boffs are fitted with loot that i have picked up from missions and drops. And 98% of the time I just set them to full auto and ignore them mostly. If they fall, I revive them, if I fall, they revive me. They fire on what you are firing on and will keep firing until everything is dead.

It's a bit like a pug, except no AFKers.
I Argue this.. I have had Several Boffs before AFK on me.. as I stood and walked back to it and waved my hands in its face...