Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,238
# 21
12-26-2012, 11:18 AM
The Breen ships never used transphasic torpedoes in DS9, and given how bad transphasic weapons are in the current patch, there's no point in trying to make a canon-style Breen ship when the two are not related.

Here's my current Breen warship set-up:

-Full Borg Set
-Forward Weapons: 1 AP DBB + 2 AP DHC's + 1 Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher
-Aft Weapons: 3 AP turrets + 1 Kinetic Cutting Beam
-Consoles: 1 Tachyonkinetic Converter, 1 Rule 62 Combat Console, 1 Zero Point Energy Conduit, 1 Field Generator, 1 Borg Assimilater Universal Console, 1 Breen Energy Dampener, 4 AP Mag Regulators

Ensign Universal: EPtS1
Commander Tactical: TT1, CSV1, HYT3, AP-Beta3
Lt.Tactical: TT1, CSV1
Lt.Engineer: EPtS1, Aux2SIF1
Lt.Cmdr Science: HE1, ST2, GravityWell1 (PVE) or TB1, ST2, HE3 (PVP)

The Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher is mainly for STF boss-targets (its DPS is very good with stacked plasma fires), though for PVP I suggest going with faster, non-destructable torpedoes.

EDIT: I just found out that the Breen are known to use Disruptors. Looks like I'll be changing my Chel Grett's weapons again!

Last edited by shar487a; 12-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
# 22 Sweet!
12-26-2012, 12:05 PM
This might be as cool as the Galor! Can barely wait to get it and try it out!
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 91
# 23
12-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I've had it for a while but only used it once or twice. I'm currently thinking about trying it again since I wasn't too impressed with it in the beginning, and transferring over a variation of one of my pve power drain builds.

Weapons Fore: 3x Polaron cannons, Omega torp
Weapons aft: 3x polaron turrets, cutting beam

full borg (for now)

eng consoles: Neutronium, Breen Universal, Borg Universal
Sci consoles: 2x field generators, flow cap
tac consoles: 4x polaron

Commander tac: tt, csv, crf, apo
lt. tac: tt, torpedo spread
lt. eng: EPtS, Aux2structural
commander sci: TSS, CPB, HE3
Commanding Officer of Task Force Midnight
Check out The Verdict for all your gaming news needs. www.dutchjustice.com
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
# 24
12-27-2012, 07:59 AM
1x fleet quantum
2x mk xii polarized disruptor dhcs (acc/critd)
1x fleet disruptor dhc (acc)

aft
2x fleet disruptor turrets (acc)
2x mk xii polarized disruptor turrets (acc/crit d)

maco mk xii shield (covariant soon)
omega mk xii deflector
omega mk xii engine

romulan uni console
borg uni console
isometric console
mk xii purple neutronium (20 lobi from a new uni console with turn rate and power xfer)

3x mk xii rare field generators
4x mk xii purple disruptor coils

2 tact teams
2 spreads
scatter 3 and scatter 2
attack pattern beta.


emergency power to shields 1
reverse shield polarity 1

transfer shield strength 1
hazard emitter 2
grav well


all the space damage traits from omega/romulan


the ship is just pure beast.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 130
# 25
12-27-2012, 08:10 AM
the Breen set more then likely won't be buffed for use with the Chel, the set was designed to "Resist" the Breen, not buff them.

the Hadar set would make far more sense as it buffs polaron anyway, the deflector has the highest flowcap rating of any set deflector, and the shield at least has 10% resist all instead of just polaron (probably want a field gen).

baring that, run whatever you like/is effective, maco, HG, whatever

We have yet to know what's coming in the soon to be released "Dominion" lockbox....perhaps there is something coming we're unaware of.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
# 26
12-27-2012, 11:01 AM
heres my go at it.
apparently particle generators buffs plasma DoT.. lol
just use the tractor beam, tachyon beam III and charged particle burst (which is buffed by particle generators) to strip your targets shields so you might get a lucky plasma torp hit on em to pop them, and build up dots on them too.

Spec: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=breendrains_0

Fore: 1x Hargh'peng torpedo launcher
Fore: 1x Romulan Hyper-plasma Torpedo (romulan singularity set, 2 piece gives plasma dmg)
Fore: 1x Omega Plasma Torpedo (omega adapted set, 3 piece give reactive deflection)
Fore: 1x Rapid Reload Plasma Torpedo

Aft: 1x Concentrated tachyon mines
Aft: 2x Polarized Disruptor Turret Mk XII [acc]x2 (this is just for the 15 second disruptor resistance debuff to target, and the random power drain polaron proc which is buffd by flow caps)
Aft: 1x Kinetic Cutting Beam (omega adapted set)


Shield:
Breen Shield, M.A.C.O, or Elite Fleet Shields. or Klingon Honor Guard Shield

Deflector:
Breen Deflector, Borg assimilated deflector or Klingon Honor Guard deflector

Engine:
Breen Engine, Borg assimilated impulse or Klingon Honor Guard engine

Engineering/Science consoles:
1x Neutronium Alloy
1x Assimilated Borg Console (omega adapted set) or just another flow capacitor
1x Zero point conduit (romulan singularity set) or just another flow capacitor
1x Breen Console
1x Flow Capacitor Mk XII or Rule 62 console
1x Tachyokinetic Converter Console or just another flow capacitor

Tactical consoles:
4x Console - Tactical - Ambiplasma Envelope Mk XII

DOFFS:

2 attack pattern doffs
2 projectile weapons doffs
1 Tractor Beam Officer

Last edited by fearinggravity; 12-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 27
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Shouldn't be too hard to make an authentic Chel Grett. Grind out some of the Dominion Polaron Cannons and Beam Arrays from the 1400 Feature Episodes. Get your breen set from the Breen FE's.

I also thought that the breen in game use regular transphasic torpedoes on their Chel Grets. I think the Rapid Fire Transphasic Torpedo launcher would best represent that. That's also in the Breen FE.

Otherwise good luck.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,238
# 28
12-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis0sarvour View Post
This might be as cool as the Galor! Can barely wait to get it and try it out!
I believe the Chel Grett is better than a Galor since it can mount DHC's and has the turn rate to use them well.

The Breen Energy Dampening weapon is also very nice against boss mobs and enemy players.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,238
# 29
12-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenonlydrock View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to make an authentic Chel Grett. Grind out some of the Dominion Polaron Cannons and Beam Arrays from the 1400 Feature Episodes. Get your breen set from the Breen FE's.

I also thought that the breen in game use regular transphasic torpedoes on their Chel Grets. I think the Rapid Fire Transphasic Torpedo launcher would best represent that. That's also in the Breen FE.

Otherwise good luck.
Canon Breen use disruptors. Transpahsic torpedoes were only used by Voyager in the series final episode. Breen have no real business using transphasics, but Cryptic decided to mash them together. As many saw, the results were quite messy.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,238
# 30
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearinggravity View Post
heres my go at it.
apparently particle generators buffs plasma DoT.. lol
just use the tractor beam, tachyon beam III and charged particle burst (which is buffed by particle generators) to strip your targets shields so you might get a lucky plasma torp hit on em to pop them, and build up dots on them too.

Spec: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=breendrains_0

Fore: 1x Hargh'peng torpedo launcher
Fore: 1x Romulan Hyper-plasma Torpedo (romulan singularity set, 2 piece gives plasma dmg)
Fore: 1x Omega Plasma Torpedo (omega adapted set, 3 piece give reactive deflection)
Fore: 1x Rapid Reload Plasma Torpedo

Aft: 1x Concentrated tachyon mines
Aft: 2x Polarized Disruptor Turret Mk XII [acc]x2 (this is just for the 15 second disruptor resistance debuff to target, and the random power drain polaron proc which is buffd by flow caps)
Aft: 1x Kinetic Cutting Beam (omega adapted set)


Shield:
Breen Shield, M.A.C.O, or Elite Fleet Shields. or Klingon Honor Guard Shield

Deflector:
Breen Deflector, Borg assimilated deflector or Klingon Honor Guard deflector

Engine:
Breen Engine, Borg assimilated impulse or Klingon Honor Guard engine

Engineering/Science consoles:
1x Neutronium Alloy
1x Assimilated Borg Console (omega adapted set) or just another flow capacitor
1x Zero point conduit (romulan singularity set) or just another flow capacitor
1x Breen Console
1x Flow Capacitor Mk XII or Rule 62 console
1x Tachyokinetic Converter Console or just another flow capacitor

Tactical consoles:
4x Console - Tactical - Ambiplasma Envelope Mk XII

DOFFS:

2 attack pattern doffs
2 projectile weapons doffs
1 Tractor Beam Officer
Funny you should mention plasma -- I just reconfigured my Breen ship for full Mk XII [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH] plasma weaponry after acquiring my 4th purple Mk XI tactical plasma console from Fleet Actions. So now my ship is using 2 Plasma DHC's + 1 Plasma DBB + Romulan Hyper-Plasma torp launcher front, and 3 plasma turrets + 1 cutting beam rear... all of this in anticipation of the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array (has no listed weapon power drain).

BTW, you should position the Romulan Hyper-plasma torpedo launcher to the left of the Omega torpedo launcher. Otherwise it will not shoot consistently until you deplete all 5 charges from the Omega launcher.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.