Starfleet Veteran
Bajoran Beads and Andorian Sleigh Bells drop at about 1/3 the rate of the other 4 items BUT the "Winter Event - 2012" Starbase Special Projects requires the same amout of all 6 items.

Either reduce the requirement on the Bajoran Beads and Andorian Sleigh Bells or increase their drop rate.
Career Officer
# 2
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
For small fleets, a reduction for the uncommon items would be a big help. 200 instead of 250 would be a start.
Captain
# 3
12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
i plan to start buying them on the exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 4
12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
There is supposed to be some way to complete the project after the event is over and does not require winter commodities. However, there could be a new limited project coming out Thursday for the Starbase. Hopefully, we don't get anymore limited projects until next year after the Winter event is over.
Career Officer
# 5
12-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah it's totally stupid that they made the requirements 250 across the board when two of the items are 'uncommon'. Really we should need less of those two items.

But then again, we've already got a lot of evidence that nobody at Cryptic can do maths.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 6
12-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Yeah it's totally stupid that they made the requirements 250 across the board when two of the items are 'uncommon'. Really we should need less of those two items.

But then again, we've already got a lot of evidence that nobody at Cryptic can do maths.
It's Extremely Unfair they gave us 35 Days to Get everything we want and complete the starbase Project Also... 35 days.. I think they should reduce it to 5 more days.. Completely Giving us over a month To get everything we need for the regular players and giving enough time for the Casuals Is completely Unfair
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Rihannsu
# 7
12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
yeah really... the "uncommon" labels seem to be irrelevent, I get them almost as much as the others.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.