Rihannsu
# 11
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
There's no doubt the game can use additional storage all 'round, I've written some threads on that in the past that include the idea of a cargo bay for more space. We're on the same page there.

Meaning no insult to Cryptic, but considering their limited resources, I think it will be a very long time before we see another real improvement to ship interiors (honestly, I think it won't be until they can figure out a way to monetize it Heh). This includes anything so fancy as a high-end Tribble Terrarium with a nice breeding UI control/interface, catalog/description database, and an in-world visual console in an existing Ship Interior room (like the Science Lab), much less in a new, currently non-existing room (like a Hydroponics Bay) and/or some sort of "display case" that others can view.

Because that's going to take (too much) time, what I'd love for Cyptic to do "immediately" is to add a generic "Tribble Only Bank" to the existing Bank interface. Even with some sort of fee attached to it (EC, GPL, Zen) I'd be happy/content.

Eventually, we can get the fancy UI, room, features, possibly DOff assignments, etc. turning Tribble Breeding it into an actual mini-game.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 12
12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Our fleet actually has a bank tab set up strictly to store tribbles. Since they're unbound we treat it like a library.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 13
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Our fleet actually has a bank tab set up strictly to store tribbles. Since they're unbound we treat it like a library.
I have a "personal fleet" that has a similar tab, though I'd rather free up that tab for basic equipment.

Even so, not all tribbles are unbound, there are about a dozen special ones that are bound, some very strangely so (such as the Fleet and Mol'Rihan tribbles) that can't even be stored on BOs. And the number of bound tribbles is increasing.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-13-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree with the OP.

I'll add that I am once again running out of room in both banks and inventory. Storage needs to be looked at all over.
Rihannsu
# 15
12-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks Crusty. I too am (nearly) out of space.

I was just looking at my Think Geek Dispair Inc. calendar, and besides a few minor and miscellaneous events remaining this year (you know, little things like the Mayan End of the World and Christmas), guess what takes place December 29th?

The 45th Anniversary of the Tribble. That's right. Tribbles were first introduced to the world when they made their first appearance on December 29, 1967, in the now infamous TOS episode The Trouble with Tribbles.

Wouldn't it be a lovely addition to STO to get a dedicated Tribble Terrarium/Storage feature added for the anniversary? I think so.

Captain
# 16
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
I agree with the OP.

I'll add that I am once again running out of room in both banks and inventory. Storage needs to be looked at all over.
Agreed. Infinite Compact Pocket Dimension Storage Space (The Mail) isn't cutting it anymore.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 17
12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Another inventory space saving measure that would be nice to have is the ability to (inertly) equip armor, shields and weapons to equipment slots. This I realized today when in a big freaking hurry I had to outfit a whole away team with environmental suits for the Tier 4 Romulan daily.

Obviously, I don't keep that many spare spacesuits on me. Just the two I wear under my uniform, really. Just in case. And I think my Bridge Officers should haul their own safety equipment around as well. Damnit Jim, I'm an admiral, not a sherpa!
Reave
Captain
# 18
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Another inventory space saving measure that would be nice to have is the ability to (inertly) equip armor, shields and weapons to equipment slots. This I realized today when in a big freaking hurry I had to outfit a whole away team with environmental suits for the Tier 4 Romulan daily.

Obviously, I don't keep that many spare spacesuits on me. Just the two I wear under my uniform, really. Just in case. And I think my Bridge Officers should haul their own safety equipment around as well. Damnit Jim, I'm an admiral, not a sherpa!
EVA suits as secondary armor? Hmmmmm..... this needs more pondering....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Can't believe someone remembered my original thread from so long ago XD As the link to the image in the original thread doesn't work anymore (as I gave up my website) here is the link to the image.. I had to dig it up in some of my old files.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps41c7bb75.jpg

I just want to expand on this and say that we REALLY need something separate to put our Tribbles and Epohhs and other pets in... they are filling up my inventory and fast.

Last edited by forcardassia6; 12-14-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Rihannsu
# 20
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcardassia6 View Post
Can't believe someone remembered my original thread from so long ago XD As the link to the image in the original thread doesn't work anymore (as I gave up my website) here is the link to the image.. I had to dig it up in some of my old files.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps41c7bb75.jpg

I just want to expand on this and say that we REALLY need something separate to put our Tribbles and Epohhs and other pets in... they are filling up my inventory and fast.
ForCardassia6 ne JPJappic!

Of course I remember your inspired Terrarium!

Even years ago when you posted that, we had a population problem with tribbles. This of course is Star Trek canon, but seeing how this is a game (and so many other aspects of ST are changed in the name of game play), I always thought a more eloquent method of dealing with the Tribble Breeding "Mini-Game" should be enacted. Your Terrarium was such a solution, and the first I'd seen that came illustrated (a jpg == 1k txts, afterall).

Thank you for your original idea and reposting your picture. That's fantastic! I've added it to my OP.

Alas your brilliant "wouldn't it be nice to have" idea from so long ago, has become much more of a necessity as, over time, we've been given more and more bound/special tribbles while simultaneously our storage is ever-presesed towards capacity with other gear, commodities, currencies, consumables, data samples, etc. "required" to play the game.

Tribbles and vanity pets, should be handled differently:

Tribbles need to take up space as they are a "device" that our characters (and their BOs) need to equip in order to use, just like any other piece of equipment. And like having different weapons avalable for a different load-out, characters can likewise have an "arsenal" of mission/enemy-specific tribbles. I just think (as this thread confers) that when not in-use, tribbles require a dedicated storage space. This would make for controlled breeding and should also allow us to safely store the strangely-bound Fleet and Mol'Rihan tribbles.

Vanity Pets, such as Epohhs, being only a cosmetic affectation should only remain an item up until "claimed" or "activated" by a given account/character, at which point they should become a "button" to turn-on/off from a menu, as we change uniform appearance. I have a separate thread about that subject.