Starfleet Veteran
# 21
12-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
ForCardassia6 ne JPJappic!

Of course I remember your inspired Terrarium!
I'm pretty sure I couldn't have my old name when the forums changed so I had to change it. I'm not very active around here anymore these days anyhow.. I still do play the game though.. more now than I did before.. I have to admit that the New Romulus stuff (despite being a bit boring sometimes) has kept me logging back in. But that's for another thread.

Quote:
Alas your brilliant "wouldn't it be nice to have" idea from so long ago, has become much more of a necessity as, over time, we've been given more and more bound/special tribbles while simultaneously our storage is ever-presesed towards capacity with other gear, commodities, currencies, consumables, data samples, etc. "required" to play the game.

Tribbles and vanity pets, should be handled differently:

Tribbles need to take up space as they are a "device" that our characters (and their BOs) need to equip in order to use, just like any other piece of equipment. And like having different weapons avalable for a different load-out, characters can likewise have an "arsenal" of mission/enemy-specific tribbles. I just think (as this thread confers) that when not in-use, tribbles require a dedicated storage space. This would make for controlled breeding and should also allow us to safely store the strangely-bound Fleet and Mol'Rihan tribbles.

Vanity Pets, such as Epohhs, being only a cosmetic affectation should only remain an item up until "claimed" or "activated" by a given account/character, at which point they should become a "button" to turn-on/off from a menu, as we change uniform appearance. I have a separate thread about that subject.
Completely agree with everything you've said here. I'm going to hazard a guess and that the reason we don't have an extra storage place yet for our tribbles or pets is because it would take up more database room.. and from my understanding of things is that as it is, there's already quite a bit of stuff in the database for each character. Not saying it's impossible to do.. just could be why we haven't seen it yet. Hopefully we can get something one day though. I doubt we're the only people having inventory problems nowadays.
Career Officer
# 22
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
EVA suits as secondary armor? Hmmmmm..... this needs more pondering....
If you will, I really just meant (and would've been clearer saying) device slots. Considering people use their bridge officers as mules for all sorts of things already anyway, why not have them carry their own EV suits, or melee weapon, for when the circumstances require them and the nearest bank or exchange is a bit out of the way. In my mind, you'd still have to drag them out of the device slots, and drop them in their armor slots, to get them to work.
Reave
Rihannsu
# 23
12-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcardassia6 View Post
...Completely agree with everything you've said here...
Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 24
12-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Adding my voice to this chorus...

Please Cryptic, give us a separate place to store our Tribbles/Pets.

Anything at this point would be helpful and appreciated.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25 Tribble Anniversary gift
12-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:

I was just looking at my Think Geek Dispair Inc. calendar, and besides a few minor and miscellaneous events remaining this year (you know, little things like the Mayan End of the World and Christmas), guess what takes place December 29th?

The 45th Anniversary of the Tribble. That's right. Tribbles were first introduced to the world when they made their first appearance on December 29, 1967, in the now infamous TOS episode The Trouble with Tribbles.

Wouldn't it be a lovely addition to STO to get a dedicated Tribble Terrarium/Storage feature added for the anniversary? I think so.

Yes, Puh-Leeze! I remember the original Tribble Terrarium post and idea, and I wanted it then, too. Amazing the amount of stuff one has to micro-manage in this game. I'd love to have a way to have more than 5 empty spaces in my inventory due to all the character-bound items and Tribbles.

Early on, I bred all the Tribbles, and now I would love to collect all the Epohhs, but there's just no inventory space. Also agree that a dedicated interface with all the bells and whistles would be great, but probably not quick or easy. I would gladly "settle" for a bank tab for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
It really is getting to the point Cryptic does need to do something.

As I said before, I would like a system like TOR with a side inventory that you can click to summon the pet you want. And with STO a Tribble listing would be helpful, like when it comes to the Fleet Events in having to scramble to find a tribble for the NPCs. Gamma for Dominion, Undine Tribble when facing the undine, etc.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Captain
# 27
12-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
It really is getting to the point Cryptic does need to do something.

As I said before, I would like a system like TOR with a side inventory that you can click to summon the pet you want. And with STO a Tribble listing would be helpful, like when it comes to the Fleet Events in having to scramble to find a tribble for the NPCs. Gamma for Dominion, Undine Tribble when facing the undine, etc.
I just got the Winter Event Tribble..... and I just realized how many cooing furballs I have....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 28
12-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
I just got the Winter Event Tribble..... and I just realized how many cooing furballs I have....
I find that if you leave out some Baked Tribble that problem fixes itself.

Oh wait, did you actually want to KEEP those tribbles? Never mind what I said then.
Captain
# 29
12-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post

Oh wait, did you actually want to KEEP those tribbles? Never mind what I said then.
Well... I certainly intend on keeping them.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 30
12-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
...a Tribble listing would be helpful, like when it comes to the Fleet Events in having to scramble to find a tribble for the NPCs. Gamma for Dominion, Undine Tribble when facing the undine, etc.
No doubt! It would awesome if I could just visit my ship's interior and walk over to my Tribble Terrarium (or if set up as a bank, go to a Bank station), and there would be my Tribbles, stored and labeled as any self-respecting Vulcan Xenobiologist would have them so detailed and categorized.

It's good to consider the "gearing-up" help such organization would bring.

Quote:
There's a lot, isn't there!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post

I LOL'd and I'm sure you're comments are just intended as humor, but you do realize that that doesn't resolve the problem because that only leads to Cannibal Tribbles, which will eat "basic" tribbles, but not "special" tribbles (like the Winter Tribble). And then you've still got a lot of Cannibals and now stacks of Carcasses lying around...

...Just saying.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.