Empire Veteran
# 31
12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
What Im saying IS intelligent
you can tell because it does not say

"Me UG me Hit JJ BIG Rock him crunch"

so its not carol marcus (older than the REAL kirk in chronology)
must be her niece

Anyway kirk needs slapping down
he is not "Gods gift to women" he is someone who was fast track promoted without graduation and thus is not even an OFFICER yet
There's a fine line between intelligent and twisting words though I'm inclined to believe it's the latter for you

And now you're saying it's her niece when it's officially confirmed it's Carol Marcus Now you're just in denial imo

And since my last conversation that went in this direction ended up derailing the thread, I'll stop there and say, we will never see eye-to-eye on this issue. I think you twist words to suit your favor, and your opinion of me is your own.

Now, moving on
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
JJ does not have the RIGHT to make her a teenage tart

DOCTOR Marcus has a series of Degrees you can't get while you still have spots
She has to be at LEAST 30 years old

Kirk is still in short pants And not legally a starfleet officer

and twisting words is what YOU are doing
Empire Veteran
# 33
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
JJ does not have the RIGHT to make her a teenage tart
Yes, he does have the right It's an alternate universe; things do not have to happen the way they did previously

That's kinda the point, and ST2009 proves it's possible, considering the timeline diverged after the attack on the USS Kelvin

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
So you would agree to him bringing in Q as an 8 year old chinese girl with pigtails and a teddy?

He Holocausted an entire species and destroyed a series

We can't let him make every female character a mindless "slasherette"
Empire Veteran
# 35
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
So you would agree to him bringing in Q as an 8 year old chinese girl with pigtails and a teddy?

Well, Q is one thing The girl is a minor detail at best

And I think JJ did nothing but expand ST The moment Nero went back in time, the timeline diverged, kick-starting JJ's Trek, while Prime Trek went on almost unaffected (the only loss was Prime Spock, and he was getting old anyway).

So I enjoy JJ's Trek, because it's nothing like the original ST, which I know is also the point: it's ST, but it's seperate at the same time.

Captain
# 36
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
so its not carol marcus (older than the REAL kirk in chronology)
Not much older. The Carol Marcus seen here looks to be around 25-30ish. Kirk is 25.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Well, Q is one thing The girl is a minor detail at best
No
if you can sexualise a scientist you can turn Q into a child

Quote:
And I think JJ did nothing but expand ST The moment Nero went back in time, the timeline diverged, kick-starting JJ's Trek, while Prime Trek went on almost unaffected (the only loss was Prime Spock, and he was getting old anyway).
and an entire planet full of people

Quote:
So I enjoy JJ's Trek, because it's nothing like the original ST, which I know is also the point: it's ST, but it's seperate at the same time.
its a broken timeline which needs sealing
this is EXACTLY what the Wells ship was built for
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:

dude just take a second. got take ur meds and calm down. its not the end of the world. I for one was actually surprised when they announced dr. marcus, since that woman looks alot like the the dr lady from the gary mitchel episode. forgive me but i can never stay awake long enough to watch most of TOS. just because Its marcus doesnt mean that we r looking at Khan either. because kirk and Marcus had a relationship b4 khan, even though they didnt show it. They gotta make David somehow. so naturally it would need to b when they were younger. So take a breath. sit back and just wait till May when all of our suspicions and theories will either b proven or disproven.

I for one look forward to this ST. Abrams brought life back to a dieing franchise. After the bitter disappointment that was Nemesis and Enterprise. ST needed a new perspective. An alternate universe is good then.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
# 39
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
No
What, you don't think Marcus would look a bit sexier when she was thirty years younger than in TWOK?

Quote:
Except it's not a broken timeline. It's a new parallel universe that's identical to the original up till 2233.

Whether you liked the movie or not, it saved the franchise. Period.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 40
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
No

and an entire planet full of people

Q transcends the timeline though lol. They're omnipotent after all; being a child is the same thing as appearing as one to them

The 'entire planet' lost was in JJ's timeline, not the Prime one

And so every series that has multiple timelines are broken too? Remember in TNG, they had a quantum issue, which had multiple Enterprise-D's show up, from many timelines? JJ's Trek is nothing new, just an addition to the list of timelines