Lieutenant
# 1 Playable Cardassian
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Ah, so I have been em reading the Titan books, and well. Honestly, I having had made a Cardassian BOFF, and I know several in my group who have made Cardassian COs. I'm just wondering, and this would be for BOTH factions. If one day in the very, far, far future of STO. If anyone here would be game for playable Cardassian and I mean true Cardassian. C'mon you know you've done the whole guide and made one as an alien.

Still, wouldn't it be something, and of course they'd have their own little buffs. So, yes, no, or are we still pondering on the faction, honestly I don't see a Cardy faction happening but I do see a playable Cardy Captain.

If you are in support, of course why, and no then why on your not supporting this, and of course, buffs, what are your ideas for buffs. Don't ask me I'm like stupid when it comes to this stuff, and it's the very reason I ask the folks in my Fleet, so I make sure I am building what I actually want to build as I move along.

The reason I'm asking you lot on buffs is that I want to see what you come up with, and it might help me overall understand more of what the heck goes on in my skill tree. =]
Vice Admiral V'Lal, U.S.S. O'Bannon

Commander Ember Calar, U.S.S. Yi Sun-Shin

Commander Giselle N'Jeavu, I.K.S. Lukara
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
i too would like more playable races and NOT just for feds
Rihannsu
# 3
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Well in The Path to 2409 the Cardassian Government allows its citizens to join Starfleet, so there should very well be playable Cardassians.

I'm thinking they should have an attribute that makes them resilient to heat damage but more affected by cold (a variant of the Cold Blooded trait). They would have Acute Senses (they have good eyesight). Metal Discipline would be an option.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lieutenant
# 4
11-05-2012, 02:33 AM
The closest a player can get is to create an alien character and make it look like a Cardassian. I did just that using a tutorial I found on the net and my main fed tac is a Cardassian.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Frankly, im suprised we cant play as a Cardassian already. We have Ferengi, and a Ferengi ship. We have Caitians, and a ship. Why not Cardassian?
Lieutenant
# 6
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Well in The Path to 2409 the Cardassian Government allows its citizens to join Starfleet, so there should very well be playable Cardassians.

I'm thinking they should have an attribute that makes them resilient to heat damage but more affected by cold (a variant of the Cold Blooded trait). They would have Acute Senses (they have good eyesight). Metal Discipline would be an option.

In cannon they point out that Cardassian men are good tacticians but bad theorists, and the reverse for Cardassian women, which does explains why all of the CU scientists and techs that appear in DS9 are gals.

To go along with this the male and female Cardassians could have slightly different traits like was done with the Orions.

On an unrelated note, Cardassians were said to have bad hearing so you could argue that cancels out the better eyesight (i.e. make Acute Senses an optional trait instead of a required one).
Lieutenant
# 7
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh I like this already.

Indeed, we have Ferengi, and Caitian but no Cardassian. Do you think this could be something pushed out for Season 8?
Vice Admiral V'Lal, U.S.S. O'Bannon

Commander Ember Calar, U.S.S. Yi Sun-Shin

Commander Giselle N'Jeavu, I.K.S. Lukara
Captain
# 8
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
One of my characters in an EMH (i never really make captains, just members of the crew) I have several various "personality settings", one of which is cardassian. It looks good and it lets me play the part when i feel like it, but as a whole, i agree that it's about time to add them to the list of playable species. Since launch there hasn't been much in the way of improving the character creator and almost 3 years later i think would be a nice time to start adding them in.
Career Officer
# 9
11-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Whilst I'd love to see playable Cardassians, I don't think they'd be too suited for Klingon use. The Klingons have never liked the Cardassians; and likewise, the Cardassians don't like the Klingons very much. They've been to war twice within the last century alone.

I feel a Cardassian Boff would be unwise in the Empire. Instead, another species (Talarian?) should be given to the Klingons instead.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i too would like more playable races and NOT just for feds
As do I,but I do not look forward to learning that the KDF is about to go against its on grain and become a helping hand to the Cardassians as well when the Devs are unable to expand beyoind the fed mindset for writing the expansion.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP