Captain
# 11
12-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
One possibility would be allowing Foundry missions to start in a cluster, and then giving players the option to 'switch on' some list of 'I'd like to randomly hit top rated cluster Foundry missions.'

Maybe something like the search parameters that exist now, as a 'this, please' arrangement.

So, for example, 'top rated missions that are between 20 mins and 1 hour.'
WANT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
This may sound complicated (and is surely non-trivial for Cryptic) but one thing I can see that would allow them to reward certain kinds of Foundry missions is this:

"Create Delta Volanis Exploration Combat (Space) Mission" in the Foundry editor.

It loads a Foundry mission template which includes killing five waves of Nausicaans. This part is not removable from the story timeline. However, text can be edited and anything can be fitted around this.

So it's a "Kill 5" mission but authors can add anything to that they see fit, edit text, choose enemy placements, etc.

Likewise you'd have "Scan 5" space and ground, "Kill 5" space and ground, etc.

The unique feature is that it has certain elements that are mandatory parts of the story timeline. (Maybe coupled with an inability to place any friendly mobs in these special "template" missions.)

With a baseline worked in, there's a way that Cryptic can police what the minimum reward is and that the reward is thematic to the story.
A kill-5 mission is a kill-5 mission. Letting players customize the dialogue might make them a little better, but in the end I don't think there's much we can do with those templates.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Rihannsu
# 12
12-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
4. Give them all Dilithium.

Why was the B'Tran cluster rewards taken away? That was a good idea! That was literally the only reason to do Exploration missions other than kicks and giggles. All the Cluster missions should have rewards like Season 6 B'Tran.
I'm pretty sure they already do, if you take the "explore 3 systems in X cluster" wrapper, all of the clusters give Dilithium. The VA B'Tran mission was removed because it was made redundant after the conversion to Dilithium. (Explore B'Tran gave Exploration marks while Chart B'Tran gave VA marks, both of which were replaced by Dil, thus they both gave the same reward.)

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 12-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Captain
# 13
12-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
One possibility would be allowing Foundry missions to start in a cluster, and then giving players the option to 'switch on' some list of 'I'd like to randomly hit top rated cluster Foundry missions.'

'
This is probably about the best that we can hope for. We can't expect much else. We'll get some doors.
Captain
# 14
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
I'm pretty sure they already do, if you take the "explore 3 systems in X cluster" wrapper, all of the clusters give Dilithium. The VA B'Tran mission was removed because it was made redundant after the conversion to Dilithium. (Explore B'Tran gave Exploration marks while Chart B'Tran gave VA marks, both of which were replaced by Dil, thus they both gave the same reward.)
That doesn't count. Every cluster mission should give Dil in addition to the daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
This is probably about the best that we can hope for. We can't expect much else. We'll get some doors.
But I really want a bit more than that. A lot of the Spotlight missions are really good, I wouldn't mind the option to make them actual content.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 15
12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
5. Give huge rewards for team play.

Not everyone want's to play in teams, but after all, this is an MMO. You should reward them for doing so. Cluster missions should extra EC's/Dilithium for every team member, give 30 Fleet Marks for every Fleet Mate you are teamed with (giving you a maximum of 120 Fleet Marks), the B'Tran cluster should give small amounts of OMEGA Marks, all the clusters in Romulan space should give Romulan Marks, and all the other clusters should be kept open for future Mark types.
I think the numbers you propose are too high. more like 5-10 per team member, with an extra 10-20 each for completing optional side missions related to profession (so you're encouraged not to have 5 tac officers since that's only 1 side mission).

I also think that the technology from "The 2800" where three duty officer missions were required to complete part of a mission chain would be fan-freaking-tastic in an explore scenario.

Imagine, you lead the away team, find some cool device, fight to get it from hostile critters, realize that now you've got some negative side effect of the environment/artifact/hostilecritters to deal with and your doffs do some background work to give you something you need while you're investigating further on the ground.

I would love this. Plus, doff missions give some decent rewards (average 5 dil and 400 EC plus 200 exp) so added to the fleet marks, over time and across a player team this would add up fast. Doubly so if these were all 5-15 minute missions like the ones in "The 2800" and the 125 dil on a crit really adds upfast.

I assume they could make a pool of a few optional side objectives and doff missions to randomly select between, just like some of the "scan 5 glowies" on the ground missions include enemies to fight and others include one last item to interact with after the 5th glowie. Small variations but fit to a template so they can make the workload realistic.

Quote:
Now this is a little bit different request, but I want alien worlds that feel ALIEN. I realize that the show had a limited budget, and therefore most planets in the Star Trek Verse ended up looking like southern California, but this is a Video Game. We don't have that limitation. Give us water planets, planets full of deadly gas, molten hot planets, planets where the sun is so hot it vaporizes you if you leave the shade, Gas Giants, Alien Starbases, Alien cities, Planets where the gravity is low, Planets where the gravity is high, throw curveballs at us. Make us use those fancy shmancy EVA suits you guys made.

This is Science Fiction! Let us go weird and wonderful places! And when we get there, let us meet weird and wonderful things!
I totally agree, while exploring we should bump into worlds that require our eva suits. This just makes sense to me.