Commander
# 11
12-18-2012, 05:05 PM
It'll be about another week until people unlock t5.
Career Officer
# 12
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Same here, only using a Mobius. I run a plasma torp/mine boat, so the mod to do extra plasma damage is going to be useful - I plan on getting the console tonight after my epohhs finish maturing, so I am ready when the real torp goes live.

I just hope the hyper torp doesn't mess with the firing pattern of other torps like the omega one does - I was really excited about it, but when I put it on, my DPS dropped through the floor because it was the only torp that would fire.
Career Officer
# 13
12-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Got to try it for a minute before Tribble went back down, it does indeed work alongside other plasma torps. I think i have a new favorite thing

Pic: http://flic.kr/p/dC9j5x
Captain
# 14
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
Got to try it for a minute before Tribble went back down, it does indeed work alongside other plasma torps. I think i have a new favorite thing

Pic: http://flic.kr/p/dC9j5x
Given the Omega "issues" - I may have found a home for it Aft.

MAS EPW, DPB Plasma Mines, THY Omega... treating the THY Omega like a mine (though mines move faster).
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 15
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I will have to give that a try. I used to carry a torp aft, but pulled it in favor of a third mine. With the massive spike damage from the omega, it may be worth it.
Career Officer
# 16
12-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Just FYI, the patch today was pushed back to tomorrow in order to get the T4 Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torp in before the holiday break. I played with it a bunch last night on Tribble, and you guys are going to love it.