Commander
I was informed by a fleet mate yesterday who just reached Tier 4 in the rep system with both factions, that the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo Launcher is missing from the system. Instead he said there was something called a "Rapid Fire Plasma Torpedo".

This is not the same item.
It is not part of the set (he confirmed this)
It has IDENTICAL stats to the Omega Torpedo Launcher (clearly a copy/paste job)

This set item missing along with half the consoles from the Embassy store being missing really needs looking into as soon as possible.

Please devs look into this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Rapid fire plasma torpedo. i am intrigued. That might be something that is of interest to my tank alt.

But you say it is the same weapon as the Omega torpedo? not comparable to the Breen rapid fire transphasic?
Survivor of Remus
# 3
12-11-2012, 04:24 AM
I paid 500 Romulan Marks for this. It's not even flagged as part of the set.

Seems like maybe they didn't have the actual one done, and they put this one in as a placeholder so people wouldn't realize the system wasn't complete.

They need to replace it with the real one for those of us who shelled out for this.
Commander
# 4
12-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
I paid 500 Romulan Marks for this. It's not even flagged as part of the set.

Seems like maybe they didn't have the actual one done, and they put this one in as a placeholder so people wouldn't realize the system wasn't complete.

They need to replace it with the real one for those of us who shelled out for this.
Agreed I can only think it is a placeholder.

I understand cryptics difficulties when they test things like this. If they have to use anything like the Tribble server its not surprising these things get missed. There is no way to jump straight to full reputation even for them meaning they dont actually get to test anything beyond tier 2 or so before it goes live.

A real test server setup would benefit them as much as us. Imagine the amount of useful testing you could get done if you had access to unlimited EC, dilithium, zen, fleet marks, could instantly complete projects etc. That is what a real test server should allow.
Captain
# 5
12-11-2012, 04:38 AM
That's a pretty big goof in testing QA.
Career Officer
# 6
12-11-2012, 04:46 AM
this is just typical of craptics work. minimal effort, meh, good enough, frack it, etc etc. watch what happens next. there will be an "oops this was never supposed to be here, my bad" post and we'll be done with t5 before it gets handled properly.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
"oops this was never supposed to be here, my bad" post and we'll be done with t5 before it gets handled properly.
Going by the missing Transpshic mines and other missing items along with broken items in the fleet store you could be right

The fleet store came out how long ago? I am still waiting for the fleet mines to be fixed and missing mines to be added.
Captain
# 8
12-11-2012, 05:48 AM
And this is what happens when you don't actually bother to test crap.
Lieutenant
# 9
12-11-2012, 07:57 AM
And have you guys seen what they've done with the superior shield repair from omega reputation? The description says 1400 per 6 seconds. 6 seconds my ass, I have 1400 per 1 second. I don't have to heal my shields for the rest of my life (or until they fix it. which basically means the same thing but whatever.)
Career Officer
# 10
12-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
That's a pretty big goof in testing QA.
Yeah, every time I read stuff like this thread it feels STO's QA is akin to the Yeti, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.