Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
Hey

I just had again a STF where we've NOT been able to reach the bonus goal, just because 2 CENSORED decide to do nothing but hit the "Need" button on every drop. They know they get their crap at the end of the STF anyway.

I dunno - I wrote about 23981693871298371209837129083712098 ticket about this topic, never got a replay, and even see the same guys over and over again - so obviously, they don't get a time ban or anything else.

so question: WHEN ARE WILL WE BE ABLE TO KICK SUCH LEECHERS ?

I know - we still would fail the bonus goal - but at least these ppl wouldn't get anything out of their action.

I am done with this - i can't stand it any longer - DO SOMETHING! NOW!

sorry - but right now I am really pissed
Commander
# 2
12-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Yes I would love a way for a team to vote out a leecher in an stf or something. SOO many times I've run one, someone just sits there.. but the second we're able to complete it they zoom off. Or the ones that have a fit about something and decide to just sit there. A couple of times I've been teamed up with a fleet mate and we've decided to let them fail and move on to something else.
Captain
# 3
12-08-2012, 02:50 AM
writing forum posts in a pissed off mood is never a good idea. What i do not understand is how needing on stuff has anything to do with reaching the bonus objective? and getting pissed about 15 omega marks hardly justifys your rage post.

So where they afk? did they sabotage the bonus objective on purpose? Did they have multiple injuries from the start? Those are maybe reasons to kick somebody should this feature ever be implemented...needing on items is hardly that big of an offense to justifiy being kicked.

Just to be clear, i need on everything too...but i pull my own weight + 1 more in each and every elite stf.

If it was only because they needed stuff, and nothing else...then ignore what i wrote above, you obviously have some anger issues and a forum post will not fix that, probably will make it worse.
Go pro or go home
Rihannsu
# 4
12-08-2012, 02:52 AM
how about - getting 8 unique votes as a leecher (unique accounts, had to be marked as grouped with you when voting) - banned from all group content for 24 hours for all toons?

count of the votes would reset once a day

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 12-08-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Ensign
# 5
12-08-2012, 10:42 AM
i always loved the "fleet loot" system

the first one gets the epic, now two epix, but just the mk xi ****, sometimes u get the antilol mag regulator, wich goes away @ 5 mio ec and sometimes u get only an epic shild mk xi, for only 40k ec @ the npc O_O
the secon one, some usless blue ****
the third some more usless green crap

and the others get nothing

thats fair, i did the most dmg, heal, agro i get the best loot
and those two away from keyboard suns of beaches get nothing
Rihannsu
# 6
12-08-2012, 10:50 AM
The public queues exist so that people can play the game not subject to the approval of random strangers. Having any kind of kick vote would make it pointless to have a queue at all.

If you don't like it, set up a private game with people you approve of. There are several chat channels for that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Straight kick vote is too open for abuse, no question about it.

But what about a warning system?

If a team votes on a warning for trolling/afking/griefing/etc, the guy won't get kicked straight from the team, so the team would not get anything out of voting maliciously.

But on the third strike you can't re-enter any queue for 24 hours or something like that.
Career Officer
# 8
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Straight kick vote is too open for abuse, no question about it.

But what about a warning system?

If a team votes on a warning for trolling/afking/griefing/etc, the guy won't get kicked straight from the team, so the team would not get anything out of voting maliciously.

But on the third strike you can't re-enter any queue for 24 hours or something like that.
Open to abuse indeed. People starting abusing it in WoW the minute it became an option based on "I don't like them".
Some people are just abusive anyway, and would abuse ANY system implemented. MMOs are fraught with over priveleged teens, children and adults with less maturity than the other two groups. Hell, society really is. Too bad I can't just reach through their screens and slap the stupid out of them...
Captain
# 9
12-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Something people need to be willing to do is keep an eye out for AFKers/leechers early on, and if they dont help when asked, DO NOT keep doing the stf with 4 people just to help the leecher get his free loot. Yes, you have to be willing to let the STF fail and give up your loot, but if everyone does this it will discourage leechers.

In CSE if there is AFKer, rather then work harder by doing STF with 4 people and give the leecher his free loot, I will blow a cube or let BOP through and let Kang die so STF is ended and I can leave without penalty. In KASE I will just let probes through. In ISE just sit there/go AFK for about 15 min and leave without penalty, tell others in the group they need to do this to because if not they will have to 3 man it. Everyone needs to do this instead of helping leechers. I never have and never will pass a pug STF with a leecher in the group.

Last edited by marc8219; 12-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Commander
# 10
12-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Ron White said it best: "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever."

Also, stupidity is not a ToS or bannable offense, so you can send in a google (yes, google was a word before the search engine became popular, was defined as some stupidly large number...) of tickets and it wouldn't matter.

MMOs are full of people of less than dazzling or even mediocre competency. If you want the best or non leechers, start your own queue.

Public queues are play-at-your-own-risk venues (seriously, is caveat player a real term? If not, it ought to be)
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting