Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
# 131
01-14-2013, 06:08 PM
And another leeching account

Dan@dempsey42532
Captain
# 132
01-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Displaying the names of afkers is against Forum Rules and you might get banned for it. However, you could create a google doc with the names of various afkers that you encounter and point people to it that are interested.
Career Officer
# 133
01-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
The afk thing has become an epidemic.

Really ?
In a year and three months of playing , I have yet to encounter even 1 person AFKing as has been described in this thread.

An Epidemic ?

If that were the case , one could not even enter and STF or Action without encountering someone AFK, which is plainly not the case. I PUG multiple PVEs a day and have yet to see an AFKer.

And, my opinion only, instituting a Vote to Kick option for something that (at least to me) is not even a problem, is simply asking for griefing. This whole idea is rife with potential for exploiting.

I think it might be important for people to remember two things.

(1) Your experience of the game is not the same as everyone elses. Truly sorry that this particular thing affects people. there are a large number of people who it does not affect.
And to put it in the difficult to hear truth, You (the subjective you) are NOT a special snowflake. Devs and Designers are NOT going to make decisions just to satisfy a small number.

(2) Exagerration does not suddenly make your point more valid. An Epidemic ?

Pardon me while I go laugh out loud for a moment.

Of note, I apply these two things to myself as well.

I realize that my experience of not ever seeing these mystical AFKers , does not mean it doesn't happen.
I freely admit that.
Captain
# 134
01-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I play multiple PUGS and apart from people not knowing what they are supposed to be doing or doing the complete opposite I don;t think /I've seen a AFKer however I have gone into aFK mode myself on occasion I have twins and if one of my kids start crying or need to be checked on when I'm in a fleet event or STF I have no compulsion on leaving the game. I tend to return within a few minutes but there has been a occasion where that may not be feasible.

Now a vote to kick feature would work as long as everyone agreed and if I got kicked as a result of being AFK and everyone agreed to it then thats fine by me as whats good for everyone else is good enough for me.

However there is abusing a system for example if 3 members of a fleet get a non fleet member that they don't like of the elitists don;t like the ger of a agent a vote to kick can and will be abused.

However the need/greed system is the main problem as well as end of mission rewards. scrap need or greed and keep it as if you kill the enemy you get the reward or bind the reward to someone who is helping (Guldwars does this and worked well in my alliances there)

The main reason for most leechers of AFKERs is because of the need or greed system and if we only work on giving the rewards to someone who is participating or does the kill then this will make many AFKers think twice and do the same everyone who participates gets a reward on completion depending on what they were doing during the match.
Rihannsu
# 135
01-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
PvP AFK'ing is even more egregious. I queued for 6 PvP matches yesterday. Out of those 6 matches, there were 17 people that were AFK the whole time. In 2 of the ground matches, the entire FED team was AFK. You can't kill what doesn't respawn. So after sitting in the queue for over an hour for each of those matches, leaving a couple minutes into the matches because their whole team is AFK is very frustrating.
The game should auto-respawn players in PvP, so you can kill them. Well, in Arena at least. You can win C&H just fine with nothing to shoot.
Captain
# 136
01-16-2013, 11:16 PM
4 days in a row so far I have seen AFKer's and it has happened in Elite Missions and especially in the Romulan Mine Trap a lot causing sectors being overrun.
Captain
# 137
01-16-2013, 11:53 PM
A kick voting would solve the afk problem but it would cause other problems because I know it would be abused and if it is abused even 1% of the time that is 1% of the time to many.

The best thing to do is change the reward system. Only people that take part in the death and destruction of something should have a chance to get the loot from a drop.

If someone goes 3 min at anytime without the game detecting activity from a person using the mouse,keyboard,joystick or whatever their will be a warning and 1 min later if still no activity the game automatically disqualifies the person from getting any and all rewards from the mission.

Something like that should help keep people from afk'ing missions and no chance for player abuse.
Career Officer
# 138
01-17-2013, 12:28 AM
AFK/Leeching in Elite STF's is becoming worse - and it is the same people/fleets that I am noticing time and time again. Sitting at the spawn point cloaked so that even if you pull aggro towards them they don't get hit. However for all my fellow sufferers I had an revelation last night! - the "Cloakers" think they are quite smart.....no damage/collect reward but if you park just under them when the cube/mob attacks you when you blow up so do they.

I for one dont mind being stuck in Respawn hell as long as I take those delightful AFK/Leechers with me
Being first at any cost is not always the point.
Ensign
# 139
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Another one

O'NEiLL@oneil9229

Every game he enters he just sits at the spawn point and does not move, i have had the misfortune to get put with him a few times now.
Captain
# 140
01-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven2561 View Post
Another one

blah blah blah@blah blah blah

Every game he enters he just sits at the spawn point and does not move, i have had the misfortune to get put with him a few times now.
You need to remove this post, or at least edit it. Posting up exact names and character handles is a violation of PWE forum rules and EULA.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.