Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 31
12-09-2012, 11:01 PM
NO, just NO.

A vote kick is a VERY bad idea.

I can't tell you how many times I've been called a noob, because my temporal warfare dual chroniton beams are a diferent color than my antiproton beams.
Give those idiots the ability to vote kick and I would have been kicked, they even said so themselves in that particular instance that calls to mind.

And i'm not even startin about those elitist know it alls who would find all sorts of reasons to kick another player. I don't think that kinda power belongs in a players hands.
Oh what fun griefers would have ....

BUT,

I think rewards should be tied to certian performance benchmarks in a mission. You need to do so much damage, so much healing ect.

Make it respectable amount that encourages participation.

The need or greed system, along with the current overall rewards system really kinda lends itself to abuse in my opinion. Perhaps that's the place to make improvements.
NOT having players police the game.

Just my thoughts.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 12-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razielkanos View Post
Hey

I just had again a STF where we've NOT been able to reach the bonus goal, just because 2 CENSORED decide to do nothing but hit the "Need" button on every drop. They know they get their crap at the end of the STF anyway.

I dunno - I wrote about 23981693871298371209837129083712098 ticket about this topic, never got a replay, and even see the same guys over and over again - so obviously, they don't get a time ban or anything else.

so question: WHEN ARE WILL WE BE ABLE TO KICK SUCH LEECHERS ?

I know - we still would fail the bonus goal - but at least these ppl wouldn't get anything out of their action.

I am done with this - i can't stand it any longer - DO SOMETHING! NOW!

sorry - but right now I am really pissed
This is why the public que system needs to Die in a fire. Because there are public ques players will do at the most the bare minimum to get a success. It's why i almost never take on any of the STF's other than infected.

When you weigh the pro's and cons, i see far more cons with this system than forcing players to skill and gear up to join privately run STF's than situations like these. I am tired of failing the ISE optional because someone decides it's not worth holding their fire for ten friggin seconds on a target. There needs to be changes. No you cant fix stupid but you sure as hell can make it hard for stupid to stick around. Vote Kick will get abused to hell and gone but something has to be done about these guys. They get GM/Moderator cover by being unable to be named and shamed. (Which on THIS topic i consider BS. People should be able to ignore these *******s without having to experience their ineptness first hand) And the Devs wont fix the situation by giving players the tools to deal with them. This situation will continue regardless but maybe someone will EVENTUALLY get the message. THIS IS NOT OK!
Career Officer
# 33
12-09-2012, 11:19 PM
there really does need to be some kind of penalty system in place for the people that abuse the public queues. Not saying vote kick is a good idea, but there's got to be some kind of way to discourage this behavior. We obviously can't be trusted to police ourselves and craptic doesn't want to do it. Something has got to give one way or another or the amount of people that are afk farming stf's will increase to a point where you'll be lucky to get enough participating people to even finish the stf, much less make the optional.
Career Officer
# 34
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Instead implementing a bad idea kickvote system, cryptic should finally fix the STF bugs:

The chat bug (switching to team chat does not work correct for months).

The navigate bug after respawn (sometimes navigation stucks for minutes without any ship injuries).

The warp in a lost STF problem (after warping in find your self in a lost battle nearly the end of running time).
Captain
# 35
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I think we explained this issue all ready Open to abuse indeed.This kinda setup would be massively abused just like the ignore option.

I mean just look at the ignore option and then look in your ignore list and tell me that this would not be abused.If you do not like these people your playing with then find a team you can trust.
Lieutenant
# 36 M&S are annoying!
12-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I've seen an unusually great number of AFK leeches and light cruiser lowbies (not in STFs, obviously, but fleet actions) lately.

Part of what makes PUGs interesting is that groups are always different: the same mission can be laughably easy or downright challenging depending on the team. I also enjoy seeing how different people handle encounters and not having to wait long getting started. What I don't like is some lazy turd sitting there AFK while others get them rewards they don't deserve. This kind of behavior is becoming a problem.

My solution so far is a zero tolerance policy towards leeching. If I detect an AFK leech, I will beam out or go to warp, as I refuse to play for the benefit of those parasites.

Would a team vote kick work? Although it could be abused for some things, getting four random people who want to wrongfully punish someone and gang up on a team member seems like an unlikely event.
Career Officer
# 37
12-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Well a vote4kick works in hundreds of other games pretty well.

Of corse you can add something to try to proof if someone is leeching. Yesterday I've been in Kithomer Space with 3 (!) leechers and one of them even was making jokes about my guild mate and me. we decided then to let the mission go to fail and let 10 probes pass the time gate, but honestly - it can't be that the developers do nothing against such behaviour

Captain
# 38
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
it already be something if you would never ever get grped again with somebody on your ignore list. And i mean the whole account.

The only way to avoid leechers is to avoid PUG queues, period. Leechers are inherent to this system in each and every game that has them.

there are channels for elite and normal stfs, join them: no leechers and harassment there.
Go pro or go home
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
12-10-2012, 05:45 AM
If you have someone leeching you on an STF and you decide to stay, you don't really have an argument, now do you?

If you post in local their names and tell them you refuse to do for another player what they won't do for them themselves and then leave, good for you.

The actual problem here is that they are allowed to come in and the rest of you work to get them their loot. Appearently that you works for you since you stayed. You have to fight harder to maintain the same pace since you are short a person(s).
What you need are Alts so you can switch until the penalty runs out and let them stay and try it on their own.

You may not like it, but I'm just saying...
Commander
# 40
12-10-2012, 07:05 AM
NO, to the Vote Kick Suggesstion!

As others already said, in the end every newbie or someone they think of being unskilled would get kicked and never finish one single round. This kind of system would get abused.

They should implement minimum requirements for joining a Elite Map, like a minimum of five accomplished rounds on normal. Thus there would be less noobs on Elite Maps ruining the mission for the whole team.

Concerning Inactives: Autokick after several minutes without a minimum activity or no rewards without a minimum of activity

Concerning the "Twinkers" then: Log the accomplishment of normal maps aligned with their account instead of the toons, so they can delete their toons and start new ones as often they want to.