Rihannsu
# 1 Objects Reset When Moving them
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
On of my missions was affected by the recent updates. It was the Prisoner on the KDF side. I did some fancy business with a rock hiding an NPC that I no long wanted visible and somehow the update shifted either the NPC or the rock slightly.

That was annoying but not the main problem. When moving the items around I kept getting this box pop up saying the 'moving the object or NPC would reset it' or words to that effect. This would cause the costume and animation to reset, or the object appearance to reset.

This is pretty annoying if its foundry wide on moving any already placed object or NPC.

Has anyone else seen this?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 2
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
On of my missions was affected by the recent updates. It was the Prisoner on the KDF side. I did some fancy business with a rock hiding an NPC that I no long wanted visible and somehow the update shifted either the NPC or the rock slightly.

That was annoying but not the main problem. When moving the items around I kept getting this box pop up saying the 'moving the object or NPC would reset it' or words to that effect. This would cause the costume and animation to reset, or the object appearance to reset.

This is pretty annoying if its foundry wide on moving any already placed object or NPC.

Has anyone else seen this?
I haven't seen this in my missions, but I remember it's been reported off and on since season 4. Sorry I can't recall more about it. Maybe Nagorak can.
Career Officer
# 3
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Something about the S4 change made it so some objects placed before that cause this dialogue box to show up when you drag them. If the mission wasn't made pre-S4 then maybe the S6 or S7 changes caused it again.

Either way, the trick is just to hit cancel and it won't update the object, but it will still be moved to the new location. Also, if you move things via coordinates instead of dragging it doesn't come up.

I have this on all my missions since they were started pre-S4, but since I mostly adjust the old objects via coordinates (to get them out of the way usually) I rarely actually encounter the dialogue anymore.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.