Rihannsu
# 31
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Holy cow lots or registrations....sweet. Just a quick note to all those concerened with balance. The coaches are all very aware of balance problems;

First and foremost we want to make pvp a fun experience and build a solid foundation for everyone to keep pewing for months to come. Adhereing to the basics, is still more OP then the most OP toys. Learn the basics, and no matter the gear/spam/equipment of you opponent you can beat them. Despite all the failures of the systems team, the core of the game is balanced enough to be very enjoyable.

Once the basics are covered, there is the option of revisiting special items/combos. However this is beyond the scope of the initial session, and chances are that, like most coaches, you will no longer feel the need to field certain items to begin with. You ll also enjoy making those that do explode even more.

On a side note, with cryptic's track of breaking the game just in time for any pvp event, sticking to the basics also ensures that the event can take place in an organized manner. If we have another Jem'hadar shield situation on Holo, they will be banned.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 12-12-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razhgal View Post
i appreciate that somebody took the time to improve the gameplay for the community.

yet appreciating somebody to teach how to ride a bicycle with one octagonal wheel, instead of two round wheels, is pretty futile.
a more accurate bike analogy would be this.

all you play is pve, so you have always had your training wheels on and never bothered to increase you skill and take them off. but now you are riding your bike to pvp high school and everyone is laughing at you/ sending you back to respawn.

this is an opportunity to go from training wheel dependent to bmx champ.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 33
12-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Holy cow lots or registrations....sweet. Just a quick note to all those concerened with balance. The coaches are all very aware of balance problems;

First and foremost we want to make pvp a fun experience and build a solid foundation for everyone to keep pewing for months to come. Adhereing to the basics, is still more OP then the most OP toys. Learn the basics, and no matter the gear/spam/equipment of you opponent you can beat them. Despite all the failures of the systems team, the core of the game is balanced enough to be very enjoyable.

Once the basics are covered, there is the option of revisiting special items/combos. However this is beyond the scope of the initial session, and chances are that, like most coaches, you will no longer feel the need to field certain items to begin with. You ll also enjoy making those that do explode even more.

On a side note, with cryptic's track of breaking the game just in time for any pvp event, sticking to the basics also ensures that the event can take place in an organized manner. If we have another Jem'hadar shield situation on Holo, they will be banned.
This is all completely +1, I really hope everyone sees this and lets it sink in.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 34
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razhgal View Post
there are two options if u have spent a lot of time for a project but is not satisfactory.
- you can improve and fix what you have or
- start all over
both are not enough till they add trait respecs or a way to make my human char = to a pvp alien with 4 space traits ,till then same ships ,same builds the alien will always be better and that is what math says .The game is too limited for pvp
Empire Veteran
# 35
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
both are not enough till they add trait respecs or a way to make my human char = to a pvp alien with 4 space traits ,till then same ships ,same builds the alien will always be better and that is what math says .The game is too limited for pvp
my character with the worst trates is my most dangerous. the ship, they build and the strategy are whats important, traits have a minor impact
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 36
12-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
my character with the worst trates is my most dangerous. the ship, they build and the strategy are whats important, traits have a minor impact
add the traits needed for space on the same build and it will be the most dangerous than the most dangerous

I was talking about the feeling of "not there yet" .You will always lack the feeling of complete build .That 1% is important ,not in team pvp of course.
Captain
# 37
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
such a shame the tier 4 omega rep shield heal reward is broken and completely makes this boot camp pointless since anyone who has it will be regenerating shields faster then you can remove them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 38
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
such a shame the tier 4 omega rep shield heal reward is broken and completely makes this boot camp pointless since anyone who has it will be regenerating shields faster then you can remove them.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post7058281

The goal is to get it in before the first session on the 29th, but I don't have an ETA.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
12-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
My character was created pre-launch and I've used her since :3 and she has 0 space traits... which is depressing, hence why for what feels like decades, I've asked for a trait reset, yet that promise seems to be amounting to nothing thus far.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 40
12-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
My character was created pre-launch and I've used her since :3 and she has 0 space traits... which is depressing, hence why for what feels like decades, I've asked for a trait reset, yet that promise seems to be amounting to nothing thus far.
My main 3 year old toon is human so it has that hull regen (Im not sure that works lol ) .Still far far away from my favorite traits ....reason why I said only aliens can have 4 good (imo) traits for space.