Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 101
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
its amazing what comes crawling in here every time there is a dev post. its more powerful then intended in any part of the game, build something non fail and you wont need stupid pasives
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Ensign
# 102
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
this is ok for you guys that pvp but what about the guys that only pve, /snip
Though I don't agree with the tone (or the comment on fixes that are for PVP only) I do think that if they're going to nerf bat locked in skills a free respec would help keep the peace. I recall one of the bigger MMO's doing this near always when a skill change was implemented.
Career Officer
# 103
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Well whilst they have the nerf bat out they need to add a 10 to 20 sec CD on the placate, it's freaking stupid. Example, two bugs, mine and a mate. I can pop him almost every time, result of many months of building and testing. He adds the placate passive, I can't scratch him because I can never target him with the amount of crits he hits, result I pop every time. So my months of building and testing numerous builds are completely overriden by this no-skill I Win passive.

Stop QQing you say, add it to your bug and then you're even. correct but then neither of us ever gets to hit each other much, we both crit and we both become untargetable, the match lasts forever and we die of bordom. Whoever thought this crap up needs to actually play the game occasionally, I mean it's not as if they weren't warned this would happen but I'm sure we were told there would be a CD added LOL. Sorry for sounding pissed off but it's because I am.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 104
12-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ZX8-mQGq4&

Most ridiculous thing I've seen in this game in a while.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 105
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
It's nice to see a quick fix pvp related
It was PvE too, you are pretty much immune to anything but bleedthrough

Last edited by xantris; 12-12-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 106
12-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Yeah here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ZX8-mQGq4&

Most ridiculous thing I've seen in this game in a while.
Exactly my point, freaking stupid! Good vid

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 107
12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Re: the T4 Omega shield heal passive

I checked in with the team after I passed along your feedback about this passive and was told that it is too powerful and is going to get a nerf.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

wait.... you mean they admited it was too powerful after you told them what we discovered about it?

never mind the fact that its actually bugged if its ticking every second instead of every 6 seconds...

seriously man.

is this company not able to ADMIT mistakes? rather then just saying "oh yeah that is too powerful, guess will nerf it".

and about that QA department.....

werent they supposed to catch this sort of thing since the community couldnt until the season went live? i mean, i'd seriously look for new QA people since these guys have gotten more things pushed live then should be allowed....

-_-

will this be fixed before the boot camp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 108
12-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
You can mouse over the ability in your key bind tab (in options window) and then you see the manual command
Lol- it just dawned on me I have never looked at that part of the UI. I've been using bindfiles and just plopping commands directly in the chat bar before that..
Thanks.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 109
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
this is ok for you guys that pvp but what about the guys that only pve,
it maybe over powered in pvp but in pvp it means the borg queen doesnt 1 shot you anymore.
You all have the chance to get the same skills so instead of crying over it and making the whole game pay for you few pvp'ers why not just all get the skills then it will even it all out,
now the rest of the game has got to pay the price for a few cry baby pvp'ers.
Get branflakes to test the same skills in space onslaught elite and tell me the skills are over powered,
im sick of this bloody game chancing stuff all the time which then cost me my real money to put right,
if your going to nerf these skills into hell and back then at least get your balls out and man up and give us a free respec token. Your comapny is worse then bigpoint who are the worse con men online,
you bring something out make it amazing get everyone to spend there cash then nerf it to hell then do the same next week,
you should re name the company to digital con men it would be more fitting
Is the Borg Queen suppossed to be a weak and easy encounter? If she is OP, then they need to fix her just as they will fix this broken passive.
Or you can fixate on your conspiracy theory of how PvP is ruining STO and not help the issue.
You choose.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 110
12-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdivefire View Post
Though I don't agree with the tone (or the comment on fixes that are for PVP only) I do think that if they're going to nerf bat locked in skills a free respec would help keep the peace. I recall one of the bigger MMO's doing this near always when a skill change was implemented.
I think even the PvP community would agree a free respec would be nice everytime major repairs are made ingame.