Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,742
# 111
12-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I think even the PvP community would agree a free respec would be nice everytime major repairs are made ingame.
Yes, this is one of the few games I have played where the devs constantly make major changes and do not reward respecs or preform skill resets. It is more then a little frustrating.

Side note I did preform a respec the other day and when I reset all on the skill tree it reset my passive choices, so if you respec make sure to hit reset all, and I am pretty sure it works fine.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,274
# 112
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
We long time KDF players has been using this plasma setup you all are just discovering for a very very long time. Its just now that they have a 5% chance to go through that people are saying its over powered... To me its still under powered being we in b'rels have no shields when doing it and a 95% chance that its business as normal that you'll just hit the hazard emitters and kill the whole setup anyways LOL.

More Fed propaganda at its core
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 416
# 113
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Side note I did preform a respec the other day and when I reset all on the skill tree it reset my passive choices, so if you respec make sure to hit reset all, and I am pretty sure it works fine.
This is a very important thing to know!
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 785
# 114
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I checked in with the team after I passed along your feedback about this passive and was told that it is too powerful and is going to get a nerf.

This is a case of total QA and dev failure.

Please don't try to spin it into "great, cryptic is reacting fast to a completely unexpected problematic issue".
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,516
# 115
12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
This is a case of total QA and dev failure.
I would call it the type of errors that happen from working too fast. No need to blame any individuals, it is the processes that obviously need some adjustment.

Quote:
Please don't try to spin it into "great, cryptic is reacting fast to a completely unexpected problematic issue".
But they are. Individuals compensate the errors with such work and deserve some respect for it.

Thanks Brandon & devs! ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,412
# 116
12-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
This is a case of total QA and dev failure.

Please don't try to spin it into "great, cryptic is reacting fast to a completely unexpected problematic issue".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I would call it the type of errors that happen from working too fast. No need to blame any individuals, it is the processes that obviously need some adjustment.



But they are. Individuals compensate the errors with such work and deserve some respect for it.

Thanks Brandon & devs! ^^
On the one hand, I understand mancom, and on the other hand, I understand sophlogimo here.

In the end, these mistakes happen to often for my taste, but I don't want devs to shy away from fixing them because they feel it's not worth the effort or they'll be grilled over it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,516
# 117
12-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
On the one hand, I understand mancom, and on the other hand, I understand sophlogimo here.

In the end, these mistakes happen to often for my taste, but I don't want devs to shy away from fixing them because they feel it's not worth the effort or they'll be grilled over it.
Exactly. Encourage what you wish for, be lenient towards errors.

He who works a lot, does make a lot of mistakes. He who works only a little, only makes few mistakes. He who does not work at all, does not make any mistakes.

Obsessing about someone's mistakes is discouraging the person to work at all. Not good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 118
12-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Exactly. Encourage what you wish for, be lenient towards errors.

He who works a lot, does make a lot of mistakes. He who works only a little, only makes few mistakes. He who does not work at all, does not make any mistakes.

Obsessing about someone's mistakes is discouraging the person to work at all. Not good.
if it didnt happen with every release of something, or it didnt happen as often as it has been...

id totally agree with you.

history speaks for itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,742
# 119
12-13-2012, 06:05 AM
There should be no issue with people correcting mistakes, people that take pride in there work should be bothered more then we are by mistakes.

Honestly the failing isn't the people constantly making mistakes... its the people they work for that allow it to happen. I don't want them going and banning me for saying so, so this is intended to be a general why do people constantly screw up... I don't mean Cryptic anyones here just speaking in general....

People don't do things because either....

1) They are not capable. (training and or hiring issue.. and possibly work environment)
2) They are not willing. (work environment)

In either case its not really the fault of the employee... its the fault of there employer. In general when someone makes a mistake, you discover why? If it turns out to be an error due to rushed work... well thats in a leaders power to correct in the future. If it turns out to be a training issue... again thats in a leaders purview to correct... if it turns out to be an unwillingness to do something, which is worst case, well thats also in there power to correct.

The best leaders in any business venture create environments where people work to the best of there abilities, time frames are met, and accuracy stays high. Thats not to say mistakes don't happen of course they always will... however if the SAME mistakes happen over again, its a failing of the leader... NOT the employee who is directly responsible for which ever mistake.

Anyway I'll stop now before people get there feelings hurt... really though I would place "blame" if there is any to be placed with only one employee really, and its not the person who would have directly created or allowed any of this stuff to pass. We all know that every single patch we can count on at min one error in the code, and frankly recently more then ever these mistakes seem so obvious that is shocking they are missed. Perhaps they are being rushed... perhaps they are not double checking there work... I don't know the issue I don't work there. Really though I know in any of the ventures I have been involved in... such massive fails ending up in the end customers hands could have put me out of work... well no to be honest they wouldn't as, frankly the issues would have gotten corrected. No I don't mean people would have gotten fired, still sometimes thats what you have to do... and its almost always the guy at the top on the block first. (ok now I shut up.)

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 12-13-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,086
# 120
12-13-2012, 07:21 AM
crits should get a buff by adding few more consoles which increase the crit chance.Dont forget to reamove tac team and lower shield capacity on all shields.Battles should never last more than 1.34seconds

Last edited by adrianm63; 12-13-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.