Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I would of made the shield heal about 400 per facing every 6 seconds, but that's just me.
Captain
# 12
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Hmmm... I remember when some of us said S7 AND the Reputation Systems were going to be very bad for PvP. We were scoffed at by many of the same people now posting in this thread, including the OP.

The power creep is simply out of control, and I'm truly convinced there is no turning back.

I'll go ahead and quote a fleetmate, "PvP is never getting better."

See you in the chat window, not the queues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.
Captain
# 13
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
for the shield passive well, might as well strap on the borg shield for a 3 set bonus, hitpoints are an irrelevant thing if you have rsp, bfi doffs, epts, tss, 3 part borg, and the new shield passive all regrowing your shields faster then they can be damaged.
The 3-pc Borg secondary for Reactive Deflection as well?
Do the Romulan Science Consoles stack? The Shield/Hull bonuses on top of whatever the console is.

DOFFs with the AtS HoT, EPtA Healing Bonus, Damage Resist Self Bonus with ES...

I'm picturing the price of the Recluse going up.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 14
12-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Why.

Just why.

It's not as if any of these passives are needed in PvE at all. I can easily bust out 30K Beam Overloads on the regs without having to use any OP buffs, passives, or P2W in PvE. Did anyone really feel as if they were underpowered?
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 15
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Why.

Just why.

It's not as if any of these passives are needed in PvE at all. I can easily bust out 30K Beam Overloads on the regs without having to use any OP buffs, passives, or P2W in PvE. Did anyone really feel as if they were underpowered?
Same question I always ask about the new VM DOffs, nuke DOffs, etc. Doesn't affect PvE remotely in any way so why do we get saddled with them? Maybe PvP makes more money than Cryptic likes to pretend?

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 16
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Did anyone really feel as if they were underpowered?
My Sci guy feels underpowered.

Course, nothing in the S7 bag of goodies fixes that... if anything, they make it worse.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 17
12-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
for the shield passive well, might as well strap on the borg shield for a 3 set bonus, hitpoints are an irrelevant thing if you have rsp, bfi doffs, epts, tss, 3 part borg, and the new shield passive all regrowing your shields faster then they can be damaged.
I should add that higher cap shields actually benefit more from this, because the passive (like all regen) is a constant HoT, and higher cap means more space to heal into. With MACO or whatever and that passive, you'll basically never touch hull.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 18
12-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I should add that higher cap shields actually benefit more from this, because the passive (like all regen) is a constant HoT, and higher cap means more space to heal into. With MACO or whatever and that passive, you'll basically never touch hull.
ugh.

nice new sig shimmer!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Hmmm... I remember when some of us said S7 AND the Reputation Systems were going to be very bad for PvP. We were scoffed at by many of the same people now posting in this thread, including the OP.

The power creep is simply out of control, and I'm truly convinced there is no turning back.

I'll go ahead and quote a fleetmate, "PvP is never getting better."

See you in the chat window, not the queues.
Reading threads like this make me wanna come back and pvp more and more... i been logging in to keep up with the rep stuff but dont think it even worth it anymore. once they fix this in 2-3 weeks there will be just another game breaking bug.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Commander
# 20
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Trying to melt down someones shield has become futile now (provided the kill target is not a complete moron).

Rejoice Kirks! You won't die anymore!

bye

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!