Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 211
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
Obviously it hasn't been enough. They still listen to the PvP community too much. I would rather see them not listen at all and just focus on bug reports, or things that are actually broken in this game that need attention. If this means the death or removal of PvP then so be it.
I used to be an avid PvP'r (not associated with the OPvP crowd). But when I see the attitude of some (not all but most) that use and abuse everything to their advantage to get a kill, and when that can't be accomplished anymore and refuse to adapt and change to the changing of an MMO is where I have a problem. It seems that everytime something good comes up, the majority of the PvP community whines about it because they can't get that "all important kill/win" easily anymore and actually have to "earn" their wins.

Get over it, get over the selfishness, and the desire to win every match you encounter and learn to change like the game changes, I think at that point you will be fine.
I don't PvP.

Currently running both T4 Rep Shield heals, no shield-affecting consoles, on a Vesta. About the only time I see the shields on this build drop into yellow is when parked and playing the "trade shot for shot" game with a Mogli or comprable ship. If I do 50% throttle on 52/25 power, I barely take visible shield damage - so much so that I've swapped my ensign universal Tac Team into HY torp I so I can play with the Omega Torpedo's "disintegration effect"... I don't die from direct hull hits, I die from burns and bleedthrough now-a-days...

Sorry, when the game has any kind of "I win" button / skill, something needs to be done about it. Here we have a situation calling for a repair, and I await what it'll look like...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lt. Commander
# 212
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
As more and more people unlock T4 reputation, more and more are abusing these passives.

People I could easily kill a few days ago are now invincible. I get my T4 passives tomorrow, but I'm not slotting them until this crap is fixed. It's just not fun to see 800,000 damage dealt and 0 kills at the end of a match.
Empire Veteran
# 213
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
^pvp literally gets worse every day from it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 214
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
first off im stating facts..its a fact that every time something new comes out..its not the average player that whines..its THE PVPERS..every time and it never fails..the pvp community whines like little children and another fact..anyone at any time can post here.noone has any right to tell somone not to post..its free rain for all..and i stand by my orignal statement..if the pvp comunity doesnt like how things are done then DONT PLAY THE GAME

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Career Officer
# 215
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, these passives are real necessary to complete dailies and EliteSTFs.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 216
12-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain01982 View Post
first off im stating facts..its a fact that every time something new comes out..its not the average player that whines..its THE PVPERS..every time and it never fails..the pvp community whines like little children and another fact..anyone at any time can post here.noone has any right to tell somone not to post..its free rain for all..and i stand by my orignal statement..if the pvp comunity doesnt like how things are done then DONT PLAY THE GAME
Well you could... You know, also not play the game if your pissed that "pvprs ruin everything"

And that statement by the way is far off base... Seriously, what's the last thing that changed because the pvp community wanted it? 99% were arguing now that they change something before it get released to prevent the attitude you have against us from happening.

Guess what, cryptic doesn't listen to the pvp community. If it did, this game would be a hell of a lot more fun for everyone. How you ask?

Us pvprs would have our own open world combat server and the pve systems would be separate from the pvp systems.

And last I saw... We don't have either of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 217
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
wow..you are waaaay off...every time a new power comes out on a ship its pvp community always crys NERF..dont even try to tell me that pvpers dont do that because its a well known fact that they do

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Career Officer
# 218
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
and btw,,everytime you pvpers cry nerf..cryptic is always quick to respond by doing just that

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Captain
# 219
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain01982 View Post
Actually that is your opinion that the average player whines less when something new comes out. I've seen plenty of threads complaining about new things in the many PvE forum sections. The difference is the PvPers generally have perspective on various power potential of the abilities, whereas various PvEers complain about not only the powers, but the appearance and even more vapid form over substance complaints.

It's the PvPers who request testing time to confirm that things are working as they're intended.

It's PvP players who must provide testing data to the Devs not their own QA/QC department to prove something is broken. The Devs won't spend time on fixing it otherwise.

It's abusers and cheats who complain about broken powers being fixed. By broken I mean things that are not working as intended.

It's a weak argument to complain about OP powers being adjusted and resort to insults like your fleetmate and now you did w/o even bothering to read the posts and links others provide. If you had you'd have read where people gave feedback not only about things being overpowered, but offered alternative methods to prevent things from getting out of hand while still being useful in both PvE and PvP. You'd have seen how it was not heeded.
Career Officer
# 220
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
my statements are true..you pvp players are just upset because you dont like truth it seems after all.truth always hurts to some..i made my statements..i spoke to facts i am now done listening to the whines and complaints of the pvpers

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=