Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 281
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
There will be a Complete KDF !
Well, there's a new KDF Winter Scarf... progress!
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Commander
# 282
12-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow the audacity of some of these PvE'ers coming on here..

I'm glad I didn't follow this thread, although I did start it. I kind of left it off when they said "we don't know when, or how, but we'll be fixing this". Which was enough for me to feel a little more resentful towards this Dev team.

Question for the PvErs though: Are things so bad in your sand box that you need to come in here and provide feedback about your Kirk Kill Em all Cruiser being nerfed?

In other words care bears, aka PvE'ers, go away?

Last edited by paxottoman; 12-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 283
12-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
So now you actually have to think how to do it, possibly even concentrate fire on the newbies? Well, how does that "break the game"?

It doesn't. It is not proper balance, it should be fixed. But that's it.

i have the passives. previously i was not invincible, and i had to put effort into surviving. now surviving means running HE every once and a wile to deal with shield bleed. any shield penetrating conventional weapons can do is only for about a millisecond, and then a facing is auto repaired by the passive. 2, 3, 5 players shooting at me, it makes little difference. 'break the game' has never been more accurately used, this is the worst thing they have ever released into the game, worse then runabouts.

i don't think anyone has a more damaging shield ignoring build then 1 of my captains has. even he has to work extreamly hard to finish a tier 4 user off. with that build, i couldn't adapt harder if i wanted too.

Quote:
I am trying to talk some sense into you. Not everything that's said to you that you don't like is an attack.

saying you don't damage people enough to notice that shields are unkillable, and that ive blown you up in seconds before is also not an attack.

Quote:
Seriously, I don't care about your credibility or any other part of your ego at all. To say that the game was "unplayably broken" due to this bug is and will remain hyperbole.

i could create video evidence that it is reality, and not hyperbole, but somehow i doubt it would convince you. i'll see about doing that if i have time.

Quote:
Again: It should be fixed, they have already acknowldged that. But the games that are not premade matches (premades matches are, frankly, such a tiny fraction of the PvP games in STO that they are simply not relevant) still turn out like they did before: The team that coordinates better wins, and everything blows up within a dozen or so seconds from 4 alpha strikes at once.
no, pretty much battles are unending unless its 3 against 1. currently no one really has to worry about surviving standard incoming fire, they just have to chain very organized stun/spike combos and throw about 4 times as much firepower as would normally be needed to kill someone now. C&Hs take an eternity, people cant be driven off or cleared from points really.

this is experience talking here, over and over this has been how matches work the last day or so. everything im saying is 100% from experience.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 284
12-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
[...]has to work extreamly hard to finish a tier 4 user off. [...]
Heaven forbid!!!

Seriously, though: That does make the game less pleasant to play, not "unplayable".

Quote:
i could create video evidence that it is reality, and not hyperbole,
Or I should make video showing that things still blow up in the queues. But then again...

Quote:
no, pretty much battles are unending unless its 3 against 1.
3v1 happens all the time in the queues.

Again, just to repeat it: Yes, this should be repaired, it is a bit dull to have such a high native shield regeneration in the game. But it does not make the game "unplayable" and claiming so just that they might possibly do an "emergency fix" is hyperbole and lame at the same time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 285
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Can we please get the ignore button for users on the forums back?
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 286
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Which is the concern many here have: They now cannot cut through shields like a hot knife through butter any more.
I'd love to know what game you're playing because it sure as hell isn't Star Trek Online. Games with two decent teams can potentially take hours, we had to call one off just a few days ago. And yes, this was before the passive or any of the Embassy toy consoles.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Rihannsu
# 287
12-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
[...] Games with two decent teams [...]
...are not what happens in the queues anyway in any significant numbers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 288
12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Well it's amusing because you seem to think the passive'll help newer players, even though everyone has access to it providing they grind the rep. Games that were stomps before will still be so after, it's just that the average length of queue games will steadily increase as more people get the passive.

It wouldn't do anything but give newer players a false sense of security anyway.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Rihannsu
# 289
12-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Well it's amusing because you seem to think the passive'll help newer players, even though everyone has access to it providing they grind the rep. Games that were stomps before will still be so after, it's just that the average length of queue games will steadily increase as more people get the passive.

It wouldn't do anything but give newer players a false sense of security anyway.
I find it more amusing that you are quite obviously unwilling to read my repetition that yes, this shield passive bug should be fixed, yet feel compelled to comment on what you want to believe I had written.

Just drop the hyperbole, guys. It is not helping.
Empire Veteran
# 290
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
no body doesn't think it shouldn't be fixed, except the worst the pve crowd has to offer, thats not the argument. apparently you haven't seen it at its worst or something. regardless it is the worst thing to happen to pvp yet. every day more people get to tier 4, its going to get worse and worse daily. soon not even you will be able to deny it.

its like i have RSP on at all times. thats what the passives do for me. tell me RSP with 100% up time isn't game breaking, i would love to hear you say that. you call that hyperbole, your wrong everything im saying is painfully literal. i have sooo much hands on experience with it now, there is no doubt as to how bad it is.

my unstoppable palsmanoughts are also now invincible. i only fear phaser procs, thissler quality alpha strikes, tric mines with back step, and people chaining 3 or more maco 3 part hits. these are the only things that have killed me since tier 4
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus