Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 291
12-18-2012, 03:00 AM
I put it on my Sovvy last night, wow LOL time! In Kerrat it must have taken 7 or 8 Klinks to take me down and after a couple of minutes of concentrated fire, meanwhile I was able to target and destroy several BoPs. I have no shield consoles and no resists either! Absolute insanity, felt very much like a god mode, lots of fun but totally ridiculous. Pretty sure if I put this on my engineer in a Galaxy or similar and specced for defense I'd be more or less invulnerable. Sooner it's reduced back to normal the better lol.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Empire Veteran
# 292
12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Well, there's a new KDF Winter Scarf... progress!
Yes, yes there is. I guess we KDF can die happy now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Career Officer
# 293
12-18-2012, 06:33 AM
I thought you all were pvp'ers. Real pvp'ers would know how to kill someone with Tier4 passives. It's not hard to counter. You all make me sad. F'n ignore shields and build to blow or burn hulls up. This is what bothers me about you all. No F'n imagination. You are all what makes STO pvp sad. Making my cats sad... Freaking learn to adapt to the situation.

Damage control teams ready Fire Extinguisher...

See you all in queues once you all figure out this isn't really that hard.
Seven of Eleven
"live long enough to be assimilated, resistance is futile"
Captain
# 294
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilito8 View Post
I thought you all were pvp'ers. Real pvp'ers would know how to kill someone with Tier4 passives. It's not hard to counter. You all make me sad. F'n ignore shields and build to blow or burn hulls up. This is what bothers me about you all. No F'n imagination. You are all what makes STO pvp sad. Making my cats sad... Freaking learn to adapt to the situation.

Umm....I do think that most can see the problem and how to counter it. The problem is that almost no non-pvper can. Most of them are complaining about being invincible more than not being able to pop others.

Furthermore, builds that ignore shields are extremely restrictive, and tend to be quite unconventional. When I think about it, building to counter the t4 proc renders almost every existing standard build much less effective in popping others. This sudden reduction in diversity is, IMO, not very good for the game. No imagination? Building to ignore shields locks us into specific strategies that may reduce the imagination we can apply.

True, the proc can be countered. However, a sweeping change of this magnitude renders many simple builds useless, reducing diversity in builds, raising tediousness in equal matches and raising the bar for newbies, who will find it much more difficult to adapt.
Career Officer
# 295
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
This is a really slippery slope...
This is what I'm trying to get at. What happens if STO does slide merrily down the slope and its necessary to go through 5 or 6 rep grinds to even do any PvE or PvP? More importantly, how can it NOT go down the slope as more and more reps are added?
Captain
# 296
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:

I could blow up people w/the Jem Shield's BFI bug. But, that's not the issue. Good players will know how to make the most of this passive. The issue w/the Jem Shield's bug wasn't just the lolz shields if a person used a hazzard doff they also had max hull resists. All they needed then were a few abiliities to shore up defenses and counter Sci abilities and they were good to go. Most didn't bother w/this and combined w/phaser procs at the time it was possible to time quants w/crf to kill them.

This latest bug isn't as bad as that was since it doesn't boost hull nor cause lagouts from overloading combat logs. But, it still makes it much easier to solo harden a ship to the point any decent cross repair teamwork makes things so drawn out it's very unfun and cruiser teams just lolz to fight and not in a good way. Maybe there are just so few good teams anymore people don't realize how bad this can be?
Captain
# 297
12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
I thought you all were pvp'ers. Real pvp'ers would know how to kill someone with Tier4 passives. It's not hard to counter.
So I have super shields (I don't I went kinetic), which means I do not need as many shield BOFF abilities. I can look more at hull abilities - or - I can even look more at offensive abilities.

Maybe I drop an EPtS1 for an EPtA1 and grab the +heal DOFF.
Maybe I grab the ET DOFF for the recharge reduction and +heal.
Maybe I grab the +hull HoT for my AtS.
Maybe I'm cycling between AtS and AtD.
Maybe I run PH for the hull resist (okay, I already do that - but maybe somebody else does).
Maybe my actual build's not doing any "special" stuff - so I've got even more points in resists.
Maybe I still run EFF/BFM and keep an eye out for Theta.

Many of the choices one made to keep their shields up, they would not need to make - so - they just switch over to some hull love.

Or maybe they get more offensive with the abilities, eh?

I mean, it's a case of picturing a slider (just like the power one there on your GUI). If you can lower the shield concerns, you can raise something else - whether that's more hull concerns - more offensive concerns - more sci fun, etc, etc, etc, etc.

It throws the balance off.

I can see where somebody not concerned with balance would not have looked at things in such a manner though...
I'm just another poster on the forums with my own ideas and opinions.

Empire Veteran
# 298
12-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:

yes, just stop complaining that tier 4 passive users have like a permanent RSP. thats not the problem, its that you all haven't built ships that kill though shields that are as good as builds that kill more traditionally. well i have adapted, and its still basically impossible to kill anyone good with the passives.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 299
12-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Career Officer
# 300
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Sweet.

I just wish I knew by how much it's gonna get nerfed. I guess they'll tweak it depending on complaints. So we better be on the ball and complain hard if it's not enough.