Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 301
12-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
This is what I'm trying to get at. What happens if STO does slide merrily down the slope and its necessary to go through 5 or 6 rep grinds to even do any PvE or PvP? More importantly, how can it NOT go down the slope as more and more reps are added?
You literally made no sense.

"What happens if STO does slide merrily down the slope and its necessary to go through 5 or 6 rep grinds to even do any PvE or PvP?"

ROFL: You realize "grinding" is PvE right? Or did you think it was something else?

Oh the humanity!
Commander
# 302
12-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Anyway, live on tribble:

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121210a.8

General:

Embassy Update: - The Kit Vendor will now properly unlock upon reaching T1 Recruitment, instead of incorrectly requiring T1 Diplomacy.
Romulan Reputation Updates:
The Tier 4 "Romulan Plasma Torpedo" project now properly rewards a "Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher" instead of the Rapid Fire torpedo.
Players that have already completed this project will find the torpedo they previously acquired has changed from the Rapid Fire plasma into the Hyper-Plasma Torpedo, which will now also register as part of the "Romulan Singularity Harness" gear set.
Players under max level will be able to travel between the System and Embassy maps on New Romulus.
Updated the tooltips for the Queues header in the journal.
Searching for Foundry missions will no longer always report that the search failed, even when it's successful.
Resolved an issue that caused the gameclient to freeze when being auto-teamed for PvE and PvP maps.
Resolved issue that occasionally caused character creation to fail when creating a character for the Foundry editor.
Resolved issue with Defera mission Memento Vitae that caused it to fail to turn in with an Inventory Full message.

Systems:

Drastically reduced the shield healing provided by Superior Shield Repair.
Fixed a typo in Reactive Shielding.
Sensor Targeting Assault will now properly apply a 12-second Placate Immunity effect to the target after it expires.
The different ranks of Covert Operative now have different display names.
Emergency Secondary Shielding should now work properly.
Reactive Shielding should now work properly.
Reactive Shielding and Emergency Secondary Shielding now heal for flat values rather than a percentage of your maximum shields. This should generally represent a performance improvement.
Quantum Singularity Manipulation now also increases the Starship Shield Systems stat while it is active.
Changed the icon for Sensor Targeting Assault to a more appropriate icon.
Career Officer
# 303
12-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post

Systems:

Drastically reduced the shield healing provided by Superior Shield Repair.
Fixed a typo in Reactive Shielding.
Sensor Targeting Assault will now properly apply a 12-second Placate Immunity effect to the target after it expires.
The different ranks of Covert Operative now have different display names.
Emergency Secondary Shielding should now work properly.
Reactive Shielding should now work properly.
Reactive Shielding and Emergency Secondary Shielding now heal for flat values rather than a percentage of your maximum shields. This should generally represent a performance improvement.
Quantum Singularity Manipulation now also increases the Starship Shield Systems stat while it is active.
Changed the icon for Sensor Targeting Assault to a more appropriate icon.

LOL as expected and true to form, "fixed" to levels where it might not be useful as a T4 skill, hope we get a respec with these changes...
Seven of Eleven
"live long enough to be assimilated, resistance is futile"
Captain
# 304
12-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilito8 View Post
LOL as expected and true to form, "fixed" to levels where it might not be useful as a T4 skill, hope we get a respec with these changes...
This is one that doesn't deserve a respec no... frankly the Tier 4 passives should suck by design... the fact that they are as good as they are is BAD design.

Long grind super bonuses.. destroy pvp games. Its clear Cryptic doesn't care at all about pvp when they add the junk you see at tier 4 and 5... even post fixes.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 305
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Long grind super bonuses..
I'm glad you put it that way - some folks just are not getting that. It's not that they require a lot of time, it's that they require a length of time.

It's the timegating that's causing some of the issues. Something that you could do in a night's play or over the weekend is now requiring weeks and months to do. It's not really taking that much more time to do - but it is taking longer to do because of the gating.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 306
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
the pasives are just time locked, there is isnt any difficulty in getting the resources you need for it. apply the right amount of time, receive passive. i see no reason why anything should be built to be even slightly overpowered in that system, there is no accomplishment in unlocking them.

but thats what they want, you in game, starting time gated content and then sticking around and playing other content. every day too, cant miss a day starting up projects. same thing with the carrot and stick breen ship. log in, race, and then wile your at it do other stuff too. or spend a bunch of money/zen/dil/lobi and get it immediately!
Captain
# 307
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the pasives are just time locked, there is isnt any difficulty in getting the resources you need for it. apply the right amount of time, receive passive. i see no reason why anything should be built to be even slightly overpowered in that system, there is no accomplishment in unlocking them.

but thats what they want, you in game, starting time gated content and then sticking around and playing other content. every day too, cant miss a day starting up projects. same thing with the carrot and stick breen ship. log in, race, and then wile your at it do other stuff too. or spend a bunch of money/zen/dil/lobi and get it immediately!
I run my races! C'mon, it takes a few minutes and it's so damn easy. I don't bother with any of the other stuff there outside of doing the 3-4 DOFF missions available.

Now the rep grind on the other hand - I was doing four guys. Then I was doing two guys. Then I was doing one guy. Yesterday, I didn't even do the projects for the one guy. It was too much like work - I even posted about it in another thread - what the schedule looked like.

It's not a case of putting any "hard" work into getting any of it done - it was just doing a lot of busy work... I didn't have any sense of accomplishment from it. I actually started to wonder WTF I was doing. It's the kind of mindless crap you'd expect some min wage job to ask you to do...
Ensign
# 308
12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Lol, I love it. You speak up for the buff and suddenly you're a bad player who can't build ships, sucks at STO, and needs help, all this told to you by someone who takes it upon themselves to write a five paragraph essay detailing your errors when they in fact know absolutely nothing about you, your play-style, or builds. Oh forums, you so funny. XD
Captain
# 309
12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluebriefs View Post
Lol, I love it. You speak up for the buff and suddenly you're a bad player who can't build ships, sucks at STO, and needs help,
I think those aspects may have arisen from the apparent "need" for the passive to work a certain way that has come across from a few posters... when people have been getting along just fine without it.
Captain
# 310
12-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluebriefs View Post
Lol, I love it. You speak up for the buff and suddenly you're a bad player who can't build ships, sucks at STO, and needs help, all this told to you by someone who takes it upon themselves to write a five paragraph essay detailing your errors when they in fact know absolutely nothing about you, your play-style, or builds. Oh forums, you so funny. XD
Well to be honest its hard for anyone with any experience with this game to honestly defend the passive bonus at tier 4. It is obviously far to good.

Is there room for a half decent shield passive option there... I guess. Its not the way I would have went but this is cryptic, and good design isn't always there first choice.

Cryptic has screwed up on this level multiple times... and multiple times people have defended the screw ups, and it has been obvious that there defense of the screw ups was mostly based on a lack of knowledge in regards to the mechanics. So don't be upset if you get lumped into that group if you defend one of cryptics knee slappers.

Of course our idiot friends at Cryptic go and say stupid things on the forums like, "This is to strong expect a nerf." paraphrasing there, that is almost word for word though as I remember it.

Cryptic is very very bad at admitting that they have made a mistake... which makes it all the worse when they fix it.... The PvP community often takes the blame for forcing Cryptic to "Nerf" the game... instead of admitting they have badly screwed up and saying plainly that even if PvP didn't exist they would not be able to leave X or Y in the game as it was... as it destroys the balance of there game design.

Anyway Have fun the forums love you. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.