Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 71
12-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
But then it only works for the target you have selected, and only for a very short time until you have inflicted the 6k damage that de-placate the target. With FAW (if it can crit on individual beams, which I assume), you can essentially fire at people without targetting them.
The target I'm attacking is usaully the one I want dead most, so I see [Acc]x2 and x3 weapons becoming even more important to functioning in PvP as a Damage dealer or even wishing to be somewhat effective as a player period.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
12-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysee1990 View Post
and this respec thing is not working for me either...
When a person goes to respec they need to be sure to 'reset' their skill tree and clear the whole thing out. This will also reset the passives and give the player the option to choose them again. If a person just goes and manually changes a few numbers without hitting 'reset' they will NOT get the option to change their passives.
Captain
# 73
12-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Testing for the shield heal is rather borked at the moment, because it is erroneously applying the shield heal ever 1 second, not every 6 seconds.
can we get confirmation on this?

remember- in order for cryptic to do their job we have to do every possible way to get this to show its broken so they can reporduce it themselves and then maybe fix it.

now get to work slave monkeys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 74
12-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Oh God that Entertainer DOff gives me the hives. Rand was using the thing and I kept thinking his client had crashed or something lol... for a 1% chance it sure does proc a lot
How does the Entertainer doff work? Does it reduce the perception of enemy AND friendly targets to 5km?
Captain
# 75
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The target I'm attacking is usaully the one I want dead most, so I see [Acc]x2 and x3 weapons becoming even more important to functioning in PvP as a Damage dealer or even wishing to be somewhat effective as a player period.
My fleet mate tested a single [acc]x3 and [crth]x3 turret. And, the [acc]x3 had an accuracy of 80% against my 80% defense and did about 1.5k DPS. The [crth]x3 had an accuracy of 60%, but did about 1.6k DPS. Also, the number of critical hits was almost double that of the [acc]x3 turret.

To me, it sounds like [crth]x3 will be the new weapon modifier of choice.
Empire Veteran
# 76
12-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
My fleet mate tested a single [acc]x3 and [crth]x3 turret. And, the [acc]x3 had an accuracy of 80% against my 80% defense and did about 1.5k DPS. The [crth]x3 had an accuracy of 60%, but did about 1.6k DPS. Also, the number of critical hits was almost double that of the [acc]x3 turret.

The Accuracy bleed over to Crit's is the concern I had for [Acc]x2/3 weapons becuase you get the better chance of hiting and the increased Crit's as well add in th placate and the proper equipment and one may never be targetd again. Relatively speaking.
If that no longer the case and they just enhanced your chance to hit, I would agree the [CritH] mod weapons are going to be a hot item as well.
Empire Veteran
# 77
12-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:

i did a little bit of parsing with critH 3 vs acc3, and it looks like with weapons that are lower damage per hit, so anything thats not a DHC, the acc3 might be giving more dps. these were just random matches though not really controlled tests though. it sort of looks like every acc mod adds about 3% to a weapons accuracy.

i still think critH3 is best though. they are dirt cheep by comparison, it adds more front loaded damage, and once you control movement, you have windows of unmatchable damage dealing.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 78
12-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The Accuracy bleed over to Crit's is the concern I had for [Acc]x2/3 weapons becuase you get the better chance of hiting and the increased Crit's as well add in th placate and the proper equipment and one may never be targetd again. Relatively speaking.
If that no longer the case and they just enhanced your chance to hit, I would agree the [CritH] mod weapons are going to be a hot item as well.
As far as I know, there is still bleed through with ACC, but the CrtH bleed through doesn't compare to a straight up CrtH. Not from what we saw, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i did a little bit of parsing with critH 3 vs acc3, and it looks like with weapons that are lower damage per hit, so anything thats not a DHC, the acc3 might be giving more dps. these were just random matches though not really controlled tests though. it sort of looks like every acc mod adds about 3% to a weapons accuracy.

i still think critH3 is best though. they are dirt cheep by comparison, it adds more front loaded damage, and once you control movement, you have windows of unmatchable damage dealing.
We tested it with one weapon set to autofire and me flying circles around him at 80% defense. No buffs, just him firing on me. We tested each weapon with about 500-1000 shots. It seemed to us that the CrtH edged out ACC in terms of damage. From our test, I would say ACC is great if you want procs to happen more often. CrtH if you want more DPS (and more of the placate ability, I would say). We didn't test CrtD (my were both being cheap and didn't want to buy one), but I'm a proponent for CrtD being top DPS.

I'm probably going to put in two CrtH turrets if I go with the placate ability (which I'm still leaning towards).

Last edited by shookyang; 12-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 79
12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
isnipped.
I linked you to post where a question about the "overclocking weapon power" came up as not working anymore.

Have you noticed it not being possible anymore?
Empire Veteran
# 80
12-12-2012, 09:57 AM
[quote]
Quote:
As far as I know, there is still bleed through with ACC, but the CrtH bleed through doesn't compare to a straight up CrtH. Not from what we saw, anyways.
Well, I'll be sending my Armory officer down to the store it seems.