Lt. Commander
# 21
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos9t View Post
How does this look (a simple edit in photoshop)

Makes such a difference to the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
MUCH beter
Sums up all that needs to be said.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos9t View Post
How does this look (a simple edit in photoshop)

Makes such a difference to the model.
cryptic you need to give this guy a job, he's got the right idea

MY FLEET:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=498091
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Bump.

So, modeler-dude, we seem to have a general consensus on quite a few things here.

1) Impulse engines should be on the saucer.

2) It needs floodlights on the registry.

Can we please have this changed? We're not asking for major remodeling work here since the engines are already modeled into the saucer, just textured wrong. All it'd take is some texture work for both of the above, and it'd make a lot of people really happy!
Lieutenant
# 24
12-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
Bump.

So, modeler-dude, we seem to have a general consensus on quite a few things here.

1) Impulse engines should be on the saucer.

2) It needs floodlights on the registry.

Can we please have this changed? We're not asking for major remodeling work here since the engines are already modeled into the saucer, just textured wrong. All it'd take is some texture work for both of the above, and it'd make a lot of people really happy!
I think Star Trek Legacy had the best updated design of the Steamrunner class without losing any of the details from the ILM (industrial light and magic) model:

Career Officer
# 25
12-31-2012, 07:07 AM
The Devs have to the best of my knowledge, never fixed graphic issues with Starships. There used to be an entire thread of issues requiring attention on Starship models, that went mostly unanswered for over a year. Until CapnLogan decided we'd hurt his feelings and went to work elsewhere.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
The Devs have to the best of my knowledge, never fixed graphic issues with Starships. There used to be an entire thread of issues requiring attention on Starship models, that went mostly unanswered for over a year. Until CapnLogan decided we'd hurt his feelings and went to work elsewhere.
Misinformation at best, hyperbole most definately, blatant and vulgar lie at worst.

The devs have fixed cosmetic changes with ships in STO numerous times. Go look through the history of patch notes, and you will find bullet points in various ones regarding these cosmetic changes. The Sovereign was virtually overhauled into being very near canon compared to the half-done effort at launch. The Galaxy was changed numerous times, including window placement after thorough research by extraordinary OCD Trek fans. And that's just off the top of my head.

Slam CapnLogan if you must, but it was because of his diligence and his hard work that many of these fixes were made with canon ships in the game. If you think graphics issues were never changed in STO, you should rewind the clock and look at STO at Season 1 and the canon ships then.

Dial down the vitriole and bring fact-based logic into a fight instead of emotion-based logic, please.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147

Last edited by iconians; 01-01-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
01-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
@JamzJamz: stop being so defensive man, accept some Feedback.
Funny, I was impressed at just how well he responded to every point! How was he being defensive? Not trying to start something, just curious. As for the ship itself, I think its an interesting design ... reminds me of the NX Enterprise. Is it worth the purchase price and if so, how come there aren't more of them flying around?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
The devs have fixed cosmetic changes with ships in STO numerous times. Go look through the history of patch notes, and you will find bullet points in various ones regarding these cosmetic changes. The Sovereign was virtually overhauled into being very near canon compared to the half-done effort at launch. The Galaxy was changed numerous times, including window placement after thorough research by extraordinary OCD Trek fans. And that's just off the top of my head.
Akira was also drastically remodeled. Originally, at launch, it didn't have the saucer trailing edge engines, the "turbochargers" on the catamarans were textured, not modeled, and a whole lot of other problems.
Rihannsu
# 29
01-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Now now now, can't let such an important thread like this get buried. I think that Star Trek Legacy design is much closer to what we should have in game, impulse engines in there proper places and registry lighting. Some extra parts for variation of her overall appearance would be nice too but i digress...
"STO - To boldly frakk up what wasn't frakked before...."
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
01-16-2013, 01:03 AM
... Still watching this thread.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz