Commander
# 1 kindle fire HD
01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm thinking about getting a kindle fire hd from amazon.co.uk for about ?199 which is much cheaper then the ipad but I'm not so sure about what they sell online is it just books or do they do tv shows and movies like itunes?
Career Officer
# 2
01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Does it run Star Trek Online?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Commander
# 3
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
Does it run Star Trek Online?
no but hoping it has star trek episodes on it
Captain
# 4
01-02-2013, 11:20 AM
The kindle fire (and the HD variant) are full fledged android tablets. You can run a crap ton of apps, browse the web and do just about anything else you might want to do with an iPad. The difference is going to be the app compatibility (typically not a problem unless you're wanting to run specific business apps) and the content library. However, Netflix is available through it's own dedicated app, and Amazon has a very respectable lineup of movies, music and shows you can get through the device.

Add in the ability to play web content (youtube et al.) and pretty much anything you want is there.

The only complaint I can give you (I own a plain ole kindle fire) is that the device itself is rather weighty. If you're going to be using it for an extended period of time, it's going to be noticeable.