Captain
Having not played the game, I've not had the experience of using the character creation settings, and I just wondered how variable and customizeable the variables were. For example, would it be possible to create a Nietzschean character with the appropriate physiology/strength levels?
Career Officer
# 2 Aliens
12-27-2012, 10:52 AM
STOWiki has an article describing Aliens. Characters in STO have Traits like "Physical Strength" and "Natural Immunities", so you could probably come up with a combination that's appropriate.

I'm afraid you're out of luck on the forearm bone blades. The appearance editor is pretty flexible, but not that flexible.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 12-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Captain
# 3
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
STOWiki has an article describing Aliens. Characters in STO have Traits like "Physical Strength" and "Natural Immunities", so you could probably come up with a combination that's appropriate.

I'm afraid you're out of luck on the forearm bone blades. The appearance editor is pretty flexible, but not that flexible.
Thanks, that's interesting to know It was seeing the bracers in this uniform, which made me think of the Nietzschean bone blades, and it made me wonder if it would be possible to utilize them with a different type of alien/uniform, thus giving the Nietzschean appearance Afterall, Nietzscheans were a Roddenberry race, and although they're still from the far future as the Trekverse is concerned, I do think they'd fit in well to it

Last edited by marcusdkane; 12-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-27-2012, 12:21 PM
You might be able to fudge the fore arm bone thingys. One of the KDF costume options has fore arm gauntlets with blades, not bone blades like they did, but its probably the closest you'd get.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 5
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
You might be able to fudge the fore arm bone thingys. One of the KDF costume options has fore arm gauntlets with blades, not bone blades like they did, but its probably the closest you'd get.
That's what I figured, but would the customization options have the versatility to take the bracers from the KDF costume, and incorporate them with a Starfleet uniform?
Career Officer
# 6 Nope
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
That's what I figured, but would the customization options have the versatility to take the bracers from the KDF costume, and incorporate them with a Starfleet uniform?
Sorry, no. You can't mix and match Fed and KDF costumes.

He would have to be a KDF character, which means you would need to play a Federation character up to level 24 in order to unlock the Klingon faction. The new character starts at (I think) level 21.

Actually, KDF wouldn't be a bad choice -- there's a sleeveless vest that would be very appropriate.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 12-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Captain
# 7
12-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
Sorry, no. You can't mix and match Fed and KDF costumes.
I did wonder if it might have been too much for the facility to cope with... So much for my plan for a Nietzschean Starfleet officer