Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Hi,

I am going to keep this short and sweet because i am mad...

I have purchased and have been playing with the Tactical Escort retrofit for about 6 months now...

When I went to go get the fleet version of this ship i saw i needed 4 fleet modules instead of just one. this should not be the case if i bought the non fleet version of this ship already. I should have only needed one fleet module

I went to the Zstore and it said that i already had this ship in my inventory but also said that i had to pay to use get it... BUG!

So i sent a message to a GM and his dumb reply was... i never bought the ship, have a good day, pretty much saying there is no bug... but that is obviously wrong as this is the ship i had been playing with for MONTHS! and had in my inventory!!!! system said it was in my inventory, infact it would not let me buy it until i discharged the ship i HAD been playing with.

THIS IS BS

So now i have paid for the same ship twice... to fix the problem myself...

I am owed 2000 zen by Cryptic, and the GM that looked at my ticket was completely useless..

its one thing to be charging gold member for ships, we pay monthly we should have have to pay for anything else.. it is another to rip them off, and say i did not purchase something i have been using for months.. ..

someone please address my issue... Thanks
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
# 2
01-20-2013, 11:35 AM
I had to "reclaim" my Retrofit, and my Heavy Escort Carrier awhile back, but didn't have to repay for the Zen
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,813
# 3
01-20-2013, 01:35 PM
See your problem was that you thought the customer service people would actually serve you.

There have been threads about this before and the end result is they just don't care. At all. Their back-end tracking software is awful and misses people like you all the time. Their answer is always 'we have no records of your transaction, kindly go away and stop annoying us' when it comes to c-store issues. For anything related to the exchange/mail/bank they have a similar answer that goes like so: 'We're not going to do anything for you, file a bug report so that it can be ignored.'
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 784
# 4
01-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Are you absolutely, 100% positive you bought it in the first place? There is a veteran reward that allows you to get a free Galaxy, Intrepid, or Defiant retrofit when your character hits VA. It does not count as an account unlock and does not reduce the fleet module cost. I've seen many people complain about this, and that is almost always the problem.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
# 5
01-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
Are you absolutely, 100% positive you bought it in the first place? There is a veteran reward that allows you to get a free Galaxy, Intrepid, or Defiant retrofit when your character hits VA. It does not count as an account unlock and does not reduce the fleet module cost. I've seen many people complain about this, and that is almost always the problem.
This is a very, easy mistake to make. The typical player shopping for the Defiant RT might not notice that he's using a vet token instead of Zen to 'buy' the ship if he's shopping at the shipyard vendor instead of the C-Store screen. If this is the case, then it fits the OP's problem description quite well.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 865
# 6
01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
I actually have part of this problem as well, specifically the game still wanting four modules for fleet ships which I already have and I KNOW I bought them because they are not VA ships so no token was spent , just pure zen. One example is the Orion fleet ships, I bought all the Orion ships last years and have used them extensively but it still says I need four modules for the fleet variants.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 475
# 7
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
See your problem was that you thought the customer service people would actually serve you.

There have been threads about this before and the end result is they just don't care. At all. Their back-end tracking software is awful and misses people like you all the time. Their answer is always 'we have no records of your transaction, kindly go away and stop annoying us' when it comes to c-store issues. For anything related to the exchange/mail/bank they have a similar answer that goes like so: 'We're not going to do anything for you, file a bug report so that it can be ignored.'
This is my biggest complaint about PWE. To me, it's not that a company has problems that makes them a bad company - it's how they address them. And with PWE's "customer service" group, I have, so far, never received any help from them - I'm usually the one telling them how to fix something after I figure it out or I get the answer from another helpful person here on the forum.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 740
# 8
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
The GM was right.

Now just to make this very clear to you:


It is not possible to buy a ship with zen twice. At *worst* you will have to dismiss your current ship and reclaim it. But if you ever bought the ship for Zen, or even back in the day for c points, the game knows. You will *never* have to buy it again.


Given that you apparently went and bought the ship from the C-store, it suggests that you acquired your initial one through the VA veteran token, and NOT via a dollar value purchase.


As such, the GM was right, there is no bug, and you're basically trying to get Cryptic to give you free money.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 9
01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Also on older accounts if you never had the 600 day vet reward if you leveled up to 50 pre-s5 you would have gotten the va ship token.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
# 10
01-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
I actually have part of this problem as well, specifically the game still wanting four modules for fleet ships which I already have and I KNOW I bought them because they are not VA ships so no token was spent , just pure zen. One example is the Orion fleet ships, I bought all the Orion ships last years and have used them extensively but it still says I need four modules for the fleet variants.

Only T5 ships from the Z-store (those that cost 2k or 2.5k zen) give a discount in the fleet from 4 to just 1 module. All ships below that give none. That's why there is no ship currently on KDF side with a discount in the fleet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 PM.