Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 61
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
THY Omega is actually fast compared to some torpedoes like the THY Temporal Disruption Device (weapon from Lobi Store). If you are using slow torpedoes, then you fire the torpedo before the shields drop or fire the torpedo just before you pass them.
Captain
# 62
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
THY Omega is actually fast compared to some torpedoes like the THY Temporal Disruption Device (weapon from Lobi Store). If you are using slow torpedoes, then you fire the torpedo before the shields drop or fire the torpedo just before you pass them.
Even at half impulse in a cruiser, I'm passing it. Trics, THY Trics, THY Plasma (even the Breen Cluster)... all actually appear to move toward the target. To recreate that with the THY Omega - I have to put her in reverse. Okay, no - but I have to drop to quarter impulse or even stop.

What's also bothersome, though likely just a matter of limited observation for comparison is that the THY Plasma seems to hit harder than the THY Omega. The TS Omega is great compared to the TS Plasma... but the THY slow and less.

I'll actually go parse it off the new target dummy in Tau Dewa. It's unlikely that the TS would be better while the THY was worse.

I had been thinking to TS the Hyper and THY the Omega... will have to see how that plays out.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 63
12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
this weapon completely puzzles me...says 3500 dps on the weapon trey, yet it "feels" like any other plasma torpedo launcher.

plz could somebody parse this thing and give a detailed overview of his data?
Is it only worthwhile combined with no torpedo power, or is it good only with high yield (my spread seems to do nothing special)?
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
# 64
12-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I find my hy1 plasma bolt took a bop from 10% non shielded to 7%... as for in standard form..I see the plasma proc stacking upward but I see little damage.
Captain
# 65
12-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'll actually go parse it off the new target dummy in Tau Dewa. It's unlikely that the TS would be better while the THY was worse.
What dummy is that, if you don't mind me asking?

I'd very much appreciate some parsed hard data too, the stats displayed on this thing are IMO completely worthless and it's unclear how effective the weapon really is. It feels weak to me, but I wouldn't judge it until someone provides hard data.

Is it possible the weapon can bug pretty badly by the way? Tried it today for the first time in ISE and the torpedo button would blink like crazy, but it wouldn't actually launch the torp. Maybe that's why it felt so ****ty to me.
The plasma burn was like 300DPS on crit, which seems weak when I can just keep using quantums for semi regular five digit figures on crits.
Career Officer
# 66
12-18-2012, 08:52 AM
[Combat (Self)] Your Plasma Energy Bolt deals 96046 (54315) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Cube.

doesn't feel like any other plasma torp to me. Honestly this thing really shines with hy shots. Hell ive lobbed some into a grouping of spheres around a gravity well and seen all of them get hit by the AOE for 20k and up, plus they're all hit with the plasma burn dot.
Captain
# 67
12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
What dummy is that, if you don't mind me asking?
I didn't get around to it (trying to do other stuff with other toons - so much to do, so little time - even though there's not really a rush outside of the winter race).

It's Starbase 234 in Tau Dewa.

It's not a "real target dummy" - but it's something that works pretty well as one for me. You clear the ships and then beat on the starbase until time runs out. So you do that a few times, look at your parses - then make your changes and do it again.

It's not going to pop like other mobs and you really don't run the risk of getting fragged yourself either.

It would be nifty if there was an actual target dummy in the game, but I've found SB 234 to work pretty well.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
this weapon completely puzzles me...says 3500 dps on the weapon trey, yet it "feels" like any other plasma torpedo launcher.
Erm i think that is the *base* damage, not the Damage Per Second.
Commander
# 69
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I personally love the Omega Torpedo Launcher; it fires nice and quickly, and the plasma energy bolts hit very hard. It's kind of like having the best of two normal torpedo launchers + a tricobalt torpedo launcher; obviously nowhere near the total damage, but it's great as the only launcher on a ship. I'm using mine in conjunction with the full assimilated set, so I'm pushing out kinetic damage from the cutting beam, tractor beam, and plasma energy bolts, and the damage really adds up fast. I just wish I had more fingers for triggering my abilities before each shot

My only gripe is that the reactive deflection is a pretty rubbish ability as it's a bit too random for my tastes. If it kicks in at the right moment it could probably be great, but if it ever does take effect then I've never seen it help; I'm much happier with reverse shield polarity to save me when I need it. I'd prefer either a more reliable passive ability, or maybe even something that takes advantage of the unique charge system this launcher uses, like some way to use all five charges in a single powerful attack with shield penetration and a chance to disable a sub-system? I dunno, it just seems to me that the other borg set is the one to other damage protection, the weapon set should focus on weapon bonuses.
Captain
# 70
01-02-2013, 02:21 PM
If it were a reliable passive, the PvPers would screech about it breaking their favorite builds.