Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 71
01-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I tried the omega torp out for a couple STFs and a pvp match on my tac, later that day I switched back to a CrtHx3 quantum and the omega has been gathering dust since then.
Commander
# 72
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
If it were a reliable passive, the PvPers would screech about it breaking their favorite builds.
Surely not if it was scaled appropriately? Either way it should at least be something to do with your weapons, ideally the ones in the set, as it doesn't really make sense to have a combination of weapons allowing you to randomly soak up damage.

The 2-set bonus is nice, and I see it triggering fairly often, but I don't think I've ever seen the 3-set bonus, or if I have I didn't need it at the time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
Surely not if it was scaled appropriately? Either way it should at least be something to do with your weapons, ideally the ones in the set, as it doesn't really make sense to have a combination of weapons allowing you to randomly soak up damage.

The 2-set bonus is nice, and I see it triggering fairly often, but I don't think I've ever seen the 3-set bonus, or if I have I didn't need it at the time.
I've tried out the 3-set bonus, and I agree with other previous posts stating that it's incredibly unreliable. Omega Deflection's big balancing hindrances are the 1% trigger rate, 2 second uptime, AND 30 second cooldown time -- all of these combine to make the effect very close to non-existent . If the 3-set proc has a visual icon, I have never actually seen it work due to its ultra-short life span.

Any of the following changes can make the 3-set bonus more worth-while:

1) reduce the cooldown time from 30 seconds down to 20 seconds, or

2) increase trigger rate from 1% to something more... 2% to 5%, but the chosen value should be tested by players on tribble

3) increase the effect duration from 2 seconds up to 5 seconds -- at least allow players to see it working!