Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Doff system broken...

Rep system broken.....

web site broken.....

New content broken....

Why is it broken are they aware that its broken do they care that it is broke..... again ?

We apparently are not worthy of any of these issues being addressed.

Just keep playing the game and spending the money you work hard for is all pwe cares about, oh yeah and fixing any exploit that may help the small fleets from getting anywhere quick.

There will be some that say I am just another one that needs to complain but honestly i wish i never had the feeling of a need to post such crap.

I JUST WANT PWE TO FIX ALL THAT IS BROKEN !

and yeah it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to posting acknowledgements of what is broke , what they are working on fixing, why and what they are nerfing or plan to nerf or buff.

I have played this game everyday for the past 2 + years and this is the worst i have ever seen the state of the game, alot of great ideas but too many bugs to want to play as much as i have in the past, So please fix the issues and fill us in on whats going on.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
This is how cryptic works...it was this way long before PWE got involved. One thing is certain, these guys could learn a lot about customer service from Bioware/EA/Lucas Arts...when you request help there you get it. And a mod can go ahead and warn me or ban me but I speak the truth. I am YOUR customer and I am telling you that your competition is absolutely KILLING you in customer service issues. That may be something you want to pass along to higher ups.

I put in a ticket there and I get a response. I actually get help...sometimes through live chat. They stick with it and whatever my issue no matter how small gets resolved. Here its always a canned auto-response followed by "sorry I can't do anything", or "we'll look into it" and nothing ever gets resolved. I posted a ticket here in STO around six months after launch that has yet to be resolved. I've given up getting any help from you guys. Is the level of programming so bad that you have a million issues and not enough people to fix them?

Does Cryptic even care if something is broken unless it affects so many people that you are forced to do something about it? Flat out I don't know how I am supposed to believe anything other than you just rely on the Star Trek name to keep us around and feel that you don't have to provide even a basic level of customer service.

Last edited by ensignswenson; 12-12-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling/clarity
Lieutenant
# 3
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
if they can't make money on it, they won't spend dev resources to fix it.
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Career Officer
# 4
12-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Cloaking has been broken since the patch of 01-11-11 & they just refuse to do anything about it. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the above posters & have come to the conclusion that the only way to get anything done is to attack the producers wallets. Stop playing the game, stop buying anything from them & cause them financial hardship. Perhaps this will address the constant barrage of bugs & glitches that we are forced to endure because we love Star Trek. Also, if I'm banned for writing this then so be it.

Last edited by borthanius; 12-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't have any issues with these, and they work find for me.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensignswenson View Post
Is the level of programming so bad that you have a million issues and not enough people to fix them?
THIS is what I believe, the programming is SOOOO fubar and poorly done that it takes 20 people just to look up what row the error starts. (or something like that).

Is small corrections super hard to do because almost everything is hardcoded?
Do they have to recode everything form scratch for every patch?
That's what it feels like.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Trust me...you have the same issues with cloaking that the rest of do. If your a relative newbie you just may not know about it yet.

Easy way to find out is take the orders for the war zone at Kerrat in a ship that cloaks. Go to Kerrat and do the mission...when a communication window pops up you will be decloaked just like the rest of us. Unfortunately this issue is not exclusive to Kerrat...it happens everywhere and as the other poster said it started with the patch of 1/11/11. Before that this never used to happen.

Last edited by ensignswenson; 12-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
12-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsie7 View Post
Doff system broken...

Rep system broken.....

web site broken.....

New content broken....
Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.

It helps to be more specific than 'this is broken,' though. Details are very useful, if you can provide any to any of your concerns we will do what we can to address them in-game and on the site.
Captain
# 9
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
While not necessarily "broken", we have yet to receive any actual ANSWER, why the "DOff Grinder" Dilithium costs increased so dramatically in Season 7.

Care to elaborate?
Career Officer
# 10
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Regarding the coding of Sto... I find it coincidently funny, that the Company name is... ...Cryptic. Could the name have come from their rather cryptic coding? It wouldn't surprise me

Anyways. with the amount of bugs not being worked on (apparently, at least), no more cold cash is coming in from me. I love this game, but the lack of bugfixing vs. money exploitation/capitalistic attitude, i'll hold back for a while. Cryptic, fix things, make us believe that the game isn't being shut down anytime soon, and i will continue support you by buying your zen's...

Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.