Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Republic Veteran
# 11
12-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.

It helps to be more specific than 'this is broken,' though. Details are very useful, if you can provide any to any of your concerns we will do what we can to address them in-game and on the site.

Farktoid, thank you for responding.

You want to know what is broken? Check the bug reports that we send in. Check the threads on the forum. Listen in on in-game chat.

We've been telling you all along what is broken. You're just not responding in ways we can comprehend.

We expect things like BROKEN ROMULAN MISSIONS up around Stabase 39 to be fixed. Fractured flickering backgrounds through all the plot missions. We ask WHY certain changes took place this season we get no answer. We grind and grind and grind and find certain rewards are broken, not hooked up or don't function per the tool-tip.

Farktoid, we've given you the information you need to fix things. We've told you time and again what is broken.

Ya'll need to do a better job of conveying WHAT is being worked on, WHICH line-items in the patch notes address open concerns and give us a timeframe for the lower-priority items.

Communication is a two-way street, and STO is stuck in a traffic-jam.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 12
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.

It helps to be more specific than 'this is broken,' though. Details are very useful, if you can provide any to any of your concerns we will do what we can to address them in-game and on the site.
What do we have to add to all these reports we have been doing already?

Borg STF one shots out of nowhere: Over a year now and nothing.
BoFF traits: semi-broken
DoFF powers (especially Romulan DoFFs from Rep.): non functional at all.

et cetera...
Lieutenant
# 13 To Cryptic Studios Team
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM
"Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.

It helps to be more specific than 'this is broken,' though. Details are very useful, if you can provide any to any of your concerns we will do what we can to address them in-game and on the site."

Seriously? Perhaps there is a lack of specificity by the OP as to exactly what he was referring to. But as to the "cloaking bug" I can't be any more specific. It was broke with the patch of 1/11/11 and its global. Every time a communications window comes up you are uncloaked. This isn't an account issue this is something that every player is experiencing. Its just shy of two years and its not fixed. I know Cryptic is aware that its broken and as such I'd like to know WHY it hasn't been fixed in nearly two years.
Rihannsu
# 14
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsie7 View Post
We apparently are not worthy of any of these issues being addressed.
Welcome to PWE, please to be giving them all your monies.
Career Officer
# 15
12-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:

Seriously? We've been telling you for almost two years now that cloaking is broken. You are not supposed to get uncloaked because a comm window pops up, period. Until the patch of 01-11-11 cloaking worked fine; now you get uncloaked every time a comm window pops up. This matter is not open for debate or negotiation- cloaking is supposed to be an advantage, hence the term cloaking. You are not supposed to get uncloaked becasue a communications window of any kind pops up on the screen, ever.

Human BOFFs are supposed to increase your ships' repair rate when sitting at a bridge station. Why then do my repair rates remain the same when I have a human at their station?

I could go on, & on & on but I find myself wondering why I should do this, since I'm paying you & not the other way around. Try doing some actual customer service & paying attention to bug reports we send you instead of making us take time from out jobs/lives to do your job. Again, if I'm banned for writing this then so be it.
Career Officer
# 16
12-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:

Ok lets try the easyiest to answer first..The web site , a few weeks ago i could sign into the website useing facebook but now i can not and neither can others i talk to in game.

Second the doff system the bug that is back that was here before is this, When filling in and stsrting a new mission instead of the system goimg down to the next mission it just jumps back to the top.

Third issue The UI. so season 6 i could double click on an item in my inventory and it would be equipped to me device slot and also show up on my UI, and the i could double click what was just removed and that item would go back into the slot and show up in the UI. Now season 7 i have to open my abilities tray drag the item into the ui and repeat when i needed to switch that out for something else.

These are just 3 of the issues lets see if you will even address these issues or if like always we are again not worhty of an answer !
Captain
# 17
12-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post

We expect things like BROKEN ROMULAN MISSIONS up around Stabase 39 to be fixed.
Those missions have been broken since launch. What is amazing is that I could fix the problems on them in 5 minutes if they were foundry missions. Researcher rescue needs edit on the npc placement, if I'm remembering the names. Npc simply spawns inside of a rock where he can't be killed. Another one needs a reach marker enlarged.

It probably works differently for the devs.

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-12-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Captain
# 18
12-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Where and what is broken?
For starters your website is broken, or should I say your cookies are broken since I occasional have to remove all PWE cookies since they end up making images to not displaying as long as I am logged in, only way to solve it temporary is to remove cookies and log in again (until it happens again later).

Also not a new issue as I seen it reported in PWE forums when I checked if anyone had that problem.
Republic Veteran
# 19
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Those missions have been broken since launch. What is amazing is that I could fix the problems on them in 5 minutes if they were foundry missions. Researcher rescue needs edit on the npc placement, if I'm remembering the names. Npc simply spawns inside of a rock where he can't be killed. Another one needs a reach marker enlarged.

It probably works differently for the devs.

The reversing Romulan Plasma Torp bug is fairly recent, basically ship-mobs that used to launch high-yield spam nuke themselves, torps travel about a half a klick and then reverse... hitting the ship that launched it.

Rather pathetic really. Betting it's just a couple hours to fix.

Even more bizarre is the fact that this season is ALL ABOUT ROMULANS. You think they would have gone over that arc with a fine tooth comb, ya know... to SHOWCASE THE ROMULAN CONTENT.

Instead, they are tweeking an event that ends in three weeks. That's right. Non critical-to-function mechanics in a once-a-year event.

*Not the fractured backgrounds
*Not the broken missions
*Not the cloaking bug that has existed since forever
*Not the ______ (insert long-standing bug here.)

The eye-roll smiley just doesn't convey the level of exasperation I feel.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Ensign
# 20 issues
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I have a problem as well with this new reputation system. When i was doing New Romulus. I got slotted for a Zero point universal Console a SECOND TIME when i totally clicked another project to continue colonization efforts. There is no abandon project either, so i was practically stuck working on a second zero point energy conduit which is pretty much not worth the effort from what i saw when i requisition it the first time. Waste of my time and resources!

I noticed also since season 7 the game's issues seem to be increasing.... maybe if you stop worrying about how to bleed money out of people and work on worth while causes like enhancing your servers and fixing the game play... you might be able to salvage a half reputable game.