Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
# 21
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd like to add a couple of things to the long-standing "we'll get to it eventually" bugs:

The Concentrated Tachyon Mines from the Ferengi Marauder space set have been broken for months! They are supposed to do shield damage, and do not do so. I know you're aware of it, I remember a dev posting that the mechanic was broken.. and then... nothing.

Considering they cost 200 lobi, you can see why many would ask for this to be fixed.

Speaking of 200 lobi: The Wells uniforms are still broken! The wells badge hovers over your character, and so do any fleet patches.

The Khan uniforms have had the floating rank pin over the shoudler since forever, so I'm not optimistic on you ever fixing the Wells uniforms either.

Is that specific enough?
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
12-12-2012, 07:41 PM
*eats popcorn.....listen's to christmas music...pretends flames in this thread are coming from a Yule Log!!!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Rihannsu
# 23
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM
In case the people talking about it don't know, Cryptic offically called the decloak bug a "feature" and that it was working as intended. I don't agree with that, but that was their offical position.

Now, a few I know of. There was a fix a few patches back where the carrier pets would hang back out of warp core breach range when they had destroyed a ship, and then a few patches later, it came back.

Also, the reversing plasma high yield torp bug is another one that got fixed earlier, and apparently came back. The same with the romulan ship spawning in the asteroid, it was fixed, and then came back.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 24
12-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.

It helps to be more specific than 'this is broken,' though. Details are very useful, if you can provide any to any of your concerns we will do what we can to address them in-game and on the site.
Well it's nice that you should drop by but really the list is already in this board. I'll point out some that bug me (pun intended)

Respawn during STFs ship goes off course wildly and can only be fixed if you click all over the screen.

Fleet chat disappearing from the list of channels so I have to log out and back in to be able to chat in fleet.

Teams not clearing properly so you can sometimes read what people are saying even though they are not still in your team.

Cross faction team chat is readable sometimes.

Cloaking bug (since forever)

Warping into Red Alerts to find they are over (especially Tholian one, lol actually got in my second one the other day)

Invisible torpedoes from Borg NPCs in all STFs

Antimatter spread no longer clears cube tractor beam in STFs

T4 Rom placate has no cooldown making pvp unplayable

T4 Omega shield passive ticks every second instead of 6 seconds

Fleet events list does not resize with Fleet overview window

Explore Strange new Worlds daily does not always complete and does not show a progress percentage

Borg Bridge Officer not available for claiming on one of my toons even though I have spent the equivalent of hours lying in IMRs!

Mine Trap, your shard of impossibility toons can get stuck in the rocks, same on New Romulus

You cannot get the accolades on New Romulus if you are in a team

Horrible flickering backgrounds in almost all story mission systems since like what, season 5 at least?

Failing audio on Starbase Fleet Defense especially during the final big battle, audio is then screwed until you restart game.

Keybinds on ground sometimes not working and when you want to change them it offers the ALT+ function only (can be cleared by pressing ALT I eventually found out)

Recent bugs that are fixed but took way to long

Starbase personnel project unable to add BOFFs was borked for 4 weeks before finally being fixed, held up many starbases but thanks for finally sorting it.

Event timing for fleet events calander has only just been fixed in last patch after being broken and set to pacific time since season 6!

I mean I could go on and on but it's 3:45 am and I'm so tired, take a look at the Gameplay Bugs board there are lots more that I have not had the pleasure of experiencing personally yet but no doubt when I decide to buy something from the Reputation system I'll have that to look forward to.

And it's things like the mountain pass mission borked that we find annoying, this was borked for just about everyone unless the bad guys happened to be in a certain place you couldn't finish it, supposedly fixed now, will try it tomorrow to see.

Good night all.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Captain
# 25
12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
The reversing Romulan Plasma Torp bug is fairly recent, basically ship-mobs that used to launch high-yield spam nuke themselves, torps travel about a half a klick and then reverse... hitting the ship that launched it.

Rather pathetic really. Betting it's just a couple hours to fix.
This is wonderful and their suicide should remain.
# 26
12-12-2012, 10:19 PM
No matter what the bug, I just find a way around it and move on.

Takes less time then waiting from a response from Cryptic.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Career Officer
# 27
12-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
No matter what the bug, I just find a way around it and move on.

Takes less time then waiting from a response from Cryptic.
I think that's what we all have been doing, after all it's the game we love and we want it to work and suceed, we want Cryptic to be a successful company and this game to grow in leaps and bounds, but the QA testing is seemingly non-existant. Patches are placed on tribble a day before they go live, that does not give the community time to see if the corrections have worked or any new bugs have surfaced. Everything seems rushed and quality control is what's suffering the most. If Cryptic were a manufacturing company they would have gone bust by now with all the returns!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000
Where and what is broken? We don't respond to every message, but we certainly look for issues here, and those issues are constantly being fixed. Check out the patch notes.
I did, and...

Defera Zone Wide missions still can not be finalized, due to "Inventory Full" message, regardless of actual free space in inventory and the fact you get no equipment (just marks)
Lieutenant
# 29
12-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borthanius View Post
Cloaking has been broken since the patch of 01-11-11 & they just refuse to do anything about it. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the above posters & have come to the conclusion that the only way to get anything done is to attack the producers wallets. Stop playing the game, stop buying anything from them & cause them financial hardship. Perhaps this will address the constant barrage of bugs & glitches that we are forced to endure because we love Star Trek. Also, if I'm banned for writing this then so be it.
You will acomplish absolutely nothing by not playing the game. Guess what they'll do when the player numbers will start to decrease? Yes, thats right, they'll rush to release another content and this time, even with less testing than before.
Lieutenant
# 30
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I tend to disagree....what he has to gain by not playing the game is time to pursue other things in his life that ARE NOT A WASTE OF HIS TIME.