Career Officer
# 1 Daily Requirements
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Ok, I've asked this in every thread about the foundry and even some not about the foundry and so far there hasn't even been acknowledgement one way or the other from any devs.

What do our missions need to do/have/give/take to qualify for the daily? I've edited one of my missions every which way to try and get it in the list so people will actually bother to play it, with no luck.

No offence guys, but I really feel you've let us down big time with the foundry here with not letting us know what these new requirements are exactly. The fact that I can play a mission one day and it qualifies and the next it doesn't, really doesn't help.

Please at the very least, tell us that you're not going to tell us so we can stop asking/wondering and stop bothering wasting our time trying to figure it out.

Thanks.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 2
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
As far as anyone can tell at this point, 'qualifying' for the daily is purely based on this formula:

X number of plays multiplied by time taken to complete = average play time

...and that based on a minimum number of play throughs before it kicks in.

I'm just guessing here, but say for example, missions require 20 full play throughs (after Season 7 was released) before they 'count'. These 20 are then averaged for the amount of time players took to complete. if this average is more than 15 minutes, the mission then qualifies for the daily credit.

There is little we as authors can do to 'qualify' a mission in our design. We have to hope enough people play it to get it to 'count', and then hope those people played it long enough to set the average play through times at 15 minutes or more.

...and that the 'one star bandit' equivelent - mission dropping - isn't factored into these times.
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371

Last edited by captainhunter1; 12-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
dStahl mentioned the requirements the day Season 7 launched http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
dStahl mentioned the requirements the day Season 7 launched http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
ppssst... go tell the foundry dev/s we want more stuff to play around with. Danke
Career Officer
# 5
12-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, thanks for the info, but I don't think this is what the OP was asking about:

"Dilithium for Foundry Play requires you play qualified missions
The Foundry Daily that rewarded Dilithium was not checking if the mission was ?qualified? with an average completion time between 15-20 minutes. You can no longer play short and exploitable Foundry missions to earn the 1440 Dilithium reward. The Foundry mission must first qualify to award the daily Dilithium reward. The reward was not changed."

I think he (like many Foundry authors) are looking for the specifics that qualify a Foundry mission - we know it has to be at least 15 minutes in length....but how is that determined?

I posted what I have been able to delve so far in post #2 above.

Is there any way we could get info on how times are determined officially? Thanks again for the help.
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Career Officer
# 6
12-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhunter1 View Post
Brandon, thanks for the info, but I don't think this is what the OP was asking about:

"Dilithium for Foundry Play requires you play qualified missions
The Foundry Daily that rewarded Dilithium was not checking if the mission was ?qualified? with an average completion time between 15-20 minutes. You can no longer play short and exploitable Foundry missions to earn the 1440 Dilithium reward. The Foundry mission must first qualify to award the daily Dilithium reward. The reward was not changed."

I think he (like many Foundry authors) are looking for the specifics that qualify a Foundry mission - we know it has to be at least 15 minutes in length....but how is that determined?

I posted what I have been able to delve so far in post #2 above.

Is there any way we could get info on how times are determined officially? Thanks again for the help.
Yeah I appreciate your response Brandon, but that's not the information we foundry authors need or want. There are a LOT of foundry missions out there which take longer than 30 minutes to play, which do not qualify. Without specifics, we don't know why?

@Captainhunter1
I think your theory may well be correct, but without any feedback from the devs on this matter it's really just frustrating me. I've got little interest in continuing my foundry missions when I know that people probably wont play them if I can't get them to qualify for the daily.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 7
12-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I've got a feeling they are being hesitant to share that info because if they come out and explain it, exactly, there will be people that break it immediately. Holding off that sharing at least stalls the exploiters for a while so they can get a look at how the system is working on the server before someone comes along and breaks the control group.
Community Moderator
# 8
12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I've got a feeling they are being hesitant to share that info because if they come out and explain it, exactly, there will be people that break it immediately. Holding off that sharing at least stalls the exploiters for a while so they can get a look at how the system is working on the server before someone comes along and breaks the control group.

True. If it takes, say, 30 playthroughs from 30 different players someone could simply recruit enough playtesters to get their mission qualified.

But I'm not sure why that would be a bad thing.

What would be more problematical is if a small number of people, 2 or 3, can simply drag out completing an otherwise too-short mission in order to qualify.

It also makes me wonder whether a mission could drop off the 'qualify' list if a bunch of people start and then drop a Foundry mission, or if the average drops below the threshold?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
# 9
12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I'll have to agree with others past your reply.

More specifics on how to get a mission qualified would be much appreciated!
Career Officer
# 10
12-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Brandon, if you're passing on suggestions, I would say that one way to solve this problem of whether a mission qualifies or not would be to make it so that we're simply awarded dilithium at a rate of 960/30 minutes of time spent in the Foundry.

I understand there is supposed to be some way to measure how long you actually spend playing a mission. So, at the end of the mission you would simply be awarded based on that playing time. A mission that was 15 minutes would give half as much as the current reward. A mission that takes an hour would give twice as much. Two hours, four times as much.

The reward could be capped at 3 hours to prevent people from just going AFK all day with some sort of macro going to keep from getting logged out. Or, I suppose the cap could be at a lesser amount of playtime, although I have a vested interest in lobbying for at least 3 hours.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.