Captain
foundry crashes too much.

Last edited by amahood; 12-12-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Captain
# 2
12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
I'm a new user of the Foundry, I've created one episode and published it just recently,

and am now working on another.

YET WHAT bothers me ALOT, and is really making me re-think whether time spent on this Foundry is worth it, is that there's a problem which I have noticed.....

THE FOUNDRY CRASHES ALLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ITS NOT MY COMPUTER!!!! NOR INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

YESSSS I HAVE SENT "BUG REPORTS" LETTING STO KNOW!!!!!

I'VE UPDATED MY COMPUTER A NUMBER OF TIMES, RE-CHECKED THE MODEM CONNECTION, EVERYTHING!!!!!

THE FOUNDRY KEEPS CRASHING! AND CRASHING! AND FLIPPING CRASHING!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU SPEND TEN MINUTES WORKING, THEN IT CRASHES!!!!!!! THEN YOU SPEND ANOTHER TEN MINUTES DOING WHAT YOU LOST, AND IT DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!

WHAT THE HECK !?!?!??!!!!??????

WHY?

WHY BUILD IT SOO WEAK?????

UM.....HELLO??????
First advice is turn off your capslock, lol. Second, is to ask when exactly it crashes for you. It's not something that happens often to me, and my comp specs are not great. So, it has got to be something on your end, unless it's a crash being experienced by others, like the crash associated with deleting a project.

Do you have a different computer that you could compare the performance on?
Career Officer
# 3
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Also, if you haven't done so, if you're going to use the Foundry editor, make sure "On Demand" patching is disabled in the launcher and you have the full game downloaded on your PC (the Foundry editor doesn't appear to play nice with the on demand patching featire.

(If you have already done the above; and disabled on demand patching - could be anything; but the Foundry seems less stable and more prone to issues in general since the S7 'upgrades' to it.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 4
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
honestly... ever since season 6 I've been seeing a sporadic crash issue with STO in general. And yes, foundry. BTW if the editor asks "do you want to recover" always say yes unless you intentionally dumped your changes.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
It sounds like you've been having a lot of problems with it. But the truth is it used to be worse. Back before around S4 the Foundry would crash for me multiple times per day when I was working in it. I'd say that I'd get a crash at least once per hour on average (although usually it would crash several times in succession because I was working with something that provoked the crash). Not to mention it was laggy as hell back then with 20+ seconds for objects to update, and 20 seconds might be an underestimate because it got slower and slower as more objects were added.

I think half the reason Dereliction Duty took so long to make was because I spent most of the time staring at the screen waiting for it to update. I can now create an entire custom interior deck structure in about 30 minutes, whereas before it used to take hours or even days. It was so incredibly bad...I can't believe I even wasted my time with it. You young whippersnappers just don't know how good you have it.

Anyway, none of this takes away from your problems, but I did want to say the Foundry has seen major improvements from where it was about a year and a half ago. Hopefully one of the suggestions posted above helps.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 6
12-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks you guys.

Since I'm just starting a new day at the computer here now, I'm not soo , um, angry at the moment LOL.

It's just that, yesterday oh my god, it crashed on me soo many times. And the day before and before that.

I do appreciate the comments.

I don't know what caused it. I guess it just felt good to get that complaining outa my system LOL.

I got a warning from branflakes about that messege . oops.
I will not complain again.

I shall respect what branflakes said to me in a warning, and I will not do "flameing" I guess caps lock messeges.

I'll delete my caps lock words in that post.

Also this was suggested here :" make sure "On Demand" patching is disabled in the launcher and you have the full game downloaded on your PC ",

I'm not really sure what that means?

where I would click for that...

anyhow thanks for the advice everyone, onward now. And I will be careful for now on what I say here.
Rihannsu
# 7
12-12-2012, 06:26 AM
when you load the launcher there is a button at the top labeled "options" click that. It's in the menu that pops up. Your next login will have a patch of a few hours though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
12-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
when you load the launcher there is a button at the top labeled "options" click that. It's in the menu that pops up. Your next login will have a patch of a few hours though.
Thank you.